CUTLERFAB SHOP THREAD

Looks pretty good.

Cool idea on the air tool rack, what about adding a little dust cover so debris can't make its way inside the nipples of the tools?

Both great ideas, in a perfect world.

But in 20 years (a couple of them are 10+years old) all of these Chinese grinders have barely gotten oiled on a monthly basis (many of which I've bought at pawn shops for less than $15), much less- they've never been carefully covered to keep dust out. I'll take my chances, lol. If a $25 die grinder makes it a couple 3 years, money well spent. I think I've only trashed 3-4 in 20 years.

Last kobalt I bought new, didn't even work out of the box...

If I was of the mindset to buy expensive die grinders I would certainly take more precaution.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Both great ideas, in a perfect world.

But in 20 years (a couple of them are 10+years old) all of these Chinese grinders have barely gotten oiled on a monthly basis (many of which I've bought at pawn shops for less than $15), much less- they've never been carefully covered to keep dust out. I'll take my chances, lol. If a $25 die grinder makes it a couple 3 years, money well spent. I think I've only trashed 3-4 in 20 years.

Last kobalt I bought new, didn't even work out of the box...

If I was of the mindset to buy expensive die grinders I would certainly take more precaution.

A lot of my "brand" name stuff has crapped out well before the odd labels... Some things buying four for one over time pans out. Ingersoll right beside some Mac and Snap On you cannot tell a difference. The old Lowe's mess I bought before Kobalt was a thing out lasted them all. Like 15 years to 2. Same abuse just a different tool on the end.

I went through four 3/8 air drills in one year. All lubed and drawer kept. At that point a disposable point of view developed. Luckly that employer would replace them if we bought a unit first. The Exide out lasted all the replacement Ingersolls.

Not worried about loss of flow with the two square 90s?
I did some research on cobra heads, and it's pretty negligible. I'm sure on the dragstrip or track, we would do something different. But, it was preferred to have the breather not in the cabin.

I did some research on cobra heads, and it's pretty negligible. I'm sure on the dragstrip or track, we would do something different. But, it was preferred to have the breather not in the cabin.

Too bad it’s already done, but some diverters inside to help the air “turn” would help greatly without reducing the plenum volume.

Too bad it’s already done, but some diverters inside to help the air “turn” would help greatly without reducing the plenum volume.
That was partially the idea of the clipped corners; that's why they're at odd angles, redirection a bit. The box is 2.5" deep so hopefully I haven't reduced the volume too much with having the bulge to the side. The entire thing will be removable (and hidden) under the dash.

Mrs Wingnut has requested cup holders to go with her dead pedal/ footrest on the #wingnutbuggy.

Much cardboard-aided-design must go down before the real CAD takes place...

1edf0a1faefc9d031eb3d5c210db6be7.jpg

cfbb832568c743bd8205104a247c74cd.jpg

47054b4e93e407985052cde929c1b9a8.jpg

8a9fb530c270808b606be7ede6edff55.jpg

5ad5a89d90625a5c7017322376e17b35.jpg

2b4de6a576d0a4fc2303a7e5b3313b4f.jpg

287011aa3336a8e802ae5b232813ac53.jpg

55b5adefe9262c25c97a665d9d2faa65.jpg

CutlerFab

looking like killer work as always

New tool in the CutlerFab arsenal!

Baleigh 48" magnetic brake

d2c468b1fe2704d01e8db10b15a24f36.jpg

Being able to do radius and closed boxes with one seam is going to be quite useful!

fb32659cc312bc48236ad19c8f22f3b4.jpg

CutlerFab

New tool in the CutlerFab arsenal!

Baleigh 48" magnetic brake

d2c468b1fe2704d01e8db10b15a24f36.jpg

Being able to do radius and closed boxes with one seam is going to be quite useful!

fb32659cc312bc48236ad19c8f22f3b4.jpg

CutlerFab

How's the build quality? Some of their branded stuff is a duplicate of Chinese Eastwood. If not the same dang stuff. A bead roller and small brake was for the college. Really disappointing.

How's the build quality? Some of their branded stuff is a duplicate of Chinese Eastwood. If not the same dang stuff. A bead roller and small brake was for the college. Really disappointing.

Seems good. I did learn that anything Baleigh that is yellow is USA made, blue/white is overseas.

Yeah, you can tell that some of their lower end hobby equipment is very similar or the same as the other chinese made units found cheaper. This is my first tool made by them. I did a lot of research in the last 24 hours, and talked to two owners; there is both love and hate for any mag brake. I felt it filled a hole in my tool lot plus it was local, cheap (almost half price, owner moved it out of his way more than he used it), and did I say barely used. I was actually holding out for a hydraulic press brake but this kinda came on pretty quick. I will still find a hydraulic unit in the near future.

Theres a bunch of 6.0 intakes in that second to last pic.
6.0, 6.4, 6.7, 7.3, dmax, Cummins .

I buy mucho aluminum scrap. The transmissions on pallets are reported as good, old stock.

Back