CUTLERFAB SHOP THREAD

There's two sides to this argument in my head while I'm browsing this thread.... Side 1 -- I wonder why I even bother trying when I see awesomeness such as this. Side 2 -- This is so damn motivating to keep working to polish up skill, imagination and design. You're living the dream, dude. :smokin:

Awesome work love your threads. What screams in my head is wow that had to cost a fortune......

There's two sides to this argument in my head while I'm browsing this thread.... Side 1 -- I wonder why I even bother trying when I see awesomeness such as this. Side 2 -- This is so damn motivating to keep working to polish up skill, imagination and design. You're living the dream, dude. :smokin:
Keep plugging!
Awesome work love your threads. What screams in my head is wow that had to cost a fortune......
Collecting tools over 25 years, it's not terrible.
I can't wait to see Sam's new buggy roll out of your shop!
She bad. Pj did a superb job on the chassis. My job will be interesting considering the tight fit of a 4 seater.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

There's only one or two decent looking bumpers...I hate the big, multifaceted, gaudy bumpers that everyone seems to flock to.

ARB and Buckstop make the only decent looking ones, if you ask me. My plan would be to drop a Warn M12000 in it. Shackle mounts would be cool, as would some sort of fog light replacement cutouts. Extra fender room is also a plus. Oh, and the grille/light guard isn't necessary, it does look pretty cool. I'd like it to be removable if there...so I'd like it to look good with and without the grille guard.

The only thing I don't like about the Buckstop is how far the center drops under the grille. It looks like it's too much and it's angled. I feel like it should be contoured to match the shape of the grille.

chevy.jpg

C4.jpg.jpeg

This is a story about a person with an insane amount of skill that made it where he is now because he wanted it and wasn't afraid to break the mold!!
It was a pure pleasure hanging out with you in person and I need to make a habit of doing that way more often.
Y'all staying back, this guy playing!
;)

[emoji481]
I think @Paul needs to have another cookout...

There's only one or two decent looking bumpers...I hate the big, multifaceted, gaudy bumpers that everyone seems to flock to.

ARB and Buckstop make the only decent looking ones, if you ask me. My plan would be to drop a Warn M12000 in it. Shackle mounts would be cool, as would some sort of fog light replacement cutouts. Extra fender room is also a plus. Oh, and the grille/light guard isn't necessary, it does look pretty cool. I'd like it to be removable if there...so I'd like it to look good with and without the grille guard.

The only thing I don't like about the Buckstop is how far the center drops under the grille. It looks like it's too much and it's angled. I feel like it should be contoured to match the shape of the grille.

View attachment 284927

View attachment 284928
Let me stew on that a few weeks. Still crashing the bendtech pro sheetmetal pack. Some of there mapping of drawing is not intuitive to how my brain creates, but I'm getting there.

Let me stew on that a few weeks. Still crashing the bendtech pro sheetmetal pack. Some of there mapping of drawing is not intuitive to how my brain creates, but I'm getting there.

I have found nothing intuitive about bend tech.....you figure it out I'll pay for lessons.

No worries. It's always been one of those things that I figured I'd get around to eventually, but haven't yet.

I have found nothing intuitive about bend tech.....you figure it out I'll pay for lessons.
I get the pick points in tubework. Stupid easy to draw a chassis, not so in plate. The harpoon is neat. But the are too many different options to draw a single tube part.

So far I really like viacad2d, ...and I'm in a trial run in 3d. Fusion, still playing with their trial. Designspark mechanical, can't get it to load up, and autocad trial, nada...

The designspark videos and tutorials, I like it's functions, but I'm waiting on tech support to clear my download up. Plus it's free...

I get the pick points in tubework. Stupid easy to draw a chassis, not so in plate. The harpoon is neat. But the are too many different options to draw a single tube part.

So far I really like viacad2d, ...and I'm in a trial run in 3d. Fusion, still playing with their trial. Designspark mechanical, can't get it to load up, and autocad trial, nada...

The designspark videos and tutorials, I like it's functions, but I'm waiting on tech support to clear my download up. Plus it's free...

Have you tried onshape?

Not yet, hadn't heard of it.

Give me a second to double check which program we use as work on our cnc plasma and waterjet. I've toyed with it and seems simple enough.

Have you tried onshape?

That is what I was going to ask. It is completely web based, and free to use. The downside is all your drawings are public, unless you become a paid member, and you need a decent internet connection. Coming from solidworks, there is some learning curve, but the help files are pretty good; and overall it's fairly easy to use, and try out before you purchase. They also have android and IOS apps.

That is what I was going to ask. It is completely web based, and free to use. The downside is all your drawings are public, unless you become a paid member, and you need a decent internet connection. Coming from solidworks, there is some learning curve, but the help files are pretty good; and overall it's fairly easy to use, and try out before you purchase. They also have android and IOS apps.

Thats what Designspark is, cloud based. It is Spaceclaim based, which was created by one of the solidworks founders. (sold a few years ago for 85 mil):eek:

If you are interested in Solidworks, look up their entrepreneur program. You can get the full blown version of Solidworks premium for a couple hundred bucks, if it's like it used to be.

We use AutoCAD at work. Sorry it took so long.

No worries. It's always been one of those things that I figured I'd get around to eventually, but haven't yet.

Check out #dissentoffroad on instagram. They showed up in my feed today. They're building some really clean toyota stuff; really lines up with my style. We could certainly do something similar to their design, but with my own twist.

Back