CutlerFab RCT #001

Coming soon... CutlerFab chassis #001 RCT- right coast trail
1f609.png
Taking inspiration from many of my favorite chassis designs, dating back to the OG #twistedcustoms classic roof lines, #jimsgarage simplicity, and as late as #reddot brilliant packaging- with the similar door, because bad knees
1f602.png
Drew Burroughs
@goatbuilt jumped in with the jdsquaredinc #dragon and his CNC expertise to bring the 50", chromoly chassis to the NC mountains. I then designed a fixture for my certiflat @weldtables and we had it lasered as well. There is a generous mix of 1.75" and 1.5", with varying wall thickness from a .188 subframe, .120 mains, and .093 supports. Fully tig welded with precision in the laser cut chassis fixture, with my duet of @everlastwelders.
The #001 ship flagship build will be complimented with 71" Spidertrax housings with pro knuckles, 40 spline 300m shafts and Gearworks HP" thirds.
Scott Trimarco
, #scottscustomoffroad gear pump and @psc_performance_steering rams and orbital. Cooling designed by John Lehr-Webster @johnnyscustommotorsports_ and @crracing . And of course the standard rolling stock of the east, @intercotires 43"x20 sticky SX, wrapped around @kmcwheels #235 grenades from Scott Goforth @goforth_motorsports_inc and stopped by @wilwooddiscbrakes. @prpseats to keep me comfy and safe, suspended by @fox 2.5 coil overs and dsc adjusters. Standard powerplant of LS2, th350, and atlas tcase.
Looking for it to hit the trails in late spring.
DOM and chromoly Chassis pricing to land by 2021.
#maketrailridinggreatagain #firstchassis #weldeverydamnday #fabricationlife #shoplife #cutlerfab #eastcoastView attachment 328587 View attachment 328589 View attachment 328591 View attachment 328594 View attachment 328595

... and I remember a year ago when you told me you were gonna “keep your head out of it” and build a simple buggy just to get back in the woods. I told ya your OCD wouldn’t allow that. Glad to see another work of art in progress. You know I’ll be following along.

I’m an avid MiG welder, it’ll look ok most times and fantastic other times. Won’t win any awards but I’ve never had a weld fail so I trust them.

The other night over at Rev Limit Fab I had the chance to try some Tig for the first time. Having tried it now myself now gives me an entirely new level of respect for your welds. I can’t imagine laying tig welds like that in some of the awkward positions needed to go around tube and other places you must wind up in.

Beautiful work, I love the way you made it easier to get in and out with the swept down bar, Most have a straight bar that you have to climb over. What's the wheel base?

-Thanks RQ. My knees aren't getting any younger... no more flat door bars for me. I'll offer the chassis with a straighter option for those who are not a fan.
-wheelbase will be 115-117, trying to get equal length lowers. I have a little wiggle room.

... and I remember a year ago when you told me you were gonna “keep your head out of it” and build a simple buggy just to get back in the woods. I told ya your OCD wouldn’t allow that. Glad to see another work of art in progress. You know I’ll be following along.

- It will be, relative to the manche, by far. The simple will come in the design of dual purpose brackets, and ease of maintenance and disassembly for maintenance. Much more toned down in the panels, high visibility around engine, minimal firewall, etc.:fuck-you:

I’m an avid MiG welder, it’ll look ok most times and fantastic other times. Won’t win any awards but I’ve never had a weld fail so I trust them.

The other night over at Rev Limit Fab I had the chance to try some Tig for the first time. Having tried it now myself now gives me an entirely new level of respect for your welds. I can’t imagine laying tig welds like that in some of the awkward positions needed to go around tube and other places you must wind up in.

- It is a glorious aggravation :D. Tig is certainly a different skill level, with a plethora of variables that can make or break a successful AND aesthetically pleasing appearance. The challenge is enough to drive you crazy, but once you have enough hood time and find that CLICK, it all starts to come together. I'm happy with my bench work, my out-of-position is getting close. Cannot be in a hurry, ever. I've invested my time and money to get some training from three of the best in the nation. Money well spent, because I don't have the time to get where I want to be on my own, like I did with mig.

It's almost like golf... but fuck golf, this is much more fun.:beer:

Ready to show this ol' dawg some of those tricks?
Come on anytime. Don't know what I can show you, sensei, but I'll give it a shot.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Come on anytime. Don't know what I can show you, sensei, but I'll give it a shot.

I am always open to discussion and some learning. I think that is what impressed me most with you and your passion over the years. You've dug in and pursued every facet of your skill set. I am throughly respectfull of any person who does such. Even more so when taken to a level of excellence across many subject matters.

I am always open to discussion and some learning. I think that is what impressed me most with you and your passion over the years. You've dug in and pursued every facet of your skill set. I am throughly respectfull of any person who does such. Even more so when taken to a level of excellence across many subject matters.
Appreciate the kind words Andrew.

But your still who I call when I have a technical, welding theory question!

I'm just excited to drool over more of your work, and look forward to the day I can meet you and see your work in person.

I'm just excited to drool over more of your work, and look forward to the day I can meet you and see your work in person.
Thank you.

Open door policy at my shop, just call ahead. Only day im unavailable is Thursdays.

Cutlerfab on Google maps.

Thank you.

Open door policy at my shop, just call ahead. Only day im unavailable is Thursdays.

Cutlerfab on Google maps.

Actually closed door policy now... since I've added HVAC [emoji16]... and it would be safe to knock first... cuz I have a heating/air now, but no indoor plumbing. It's highly possible I could be copping a squat on a stainless steel bucket anytime before 930am...[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

It's still hillbilly here in mayberry.

[emoji848]...
463ddcfe70737e69eb2c4cb17d5eb201.jpg

A firm event date always keeps me motivated, not that it looks like you need any more motivation lol.

Duane

Actually closed door policy now... since I've added HVAC [emoji16]... and it would be safe to knock first... cuz I have a heating/air now, but no indoor plumbing. It's highly possible I could be copping a squat on a stainless steel bucket anytime before 930am...[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

It's still hillbilly here in mayberry.

it is all that coffee :)

Loving the build Matt. The lines on that chassis is killer. I especially like the RedDot door bars. Awesome work sir. I know its a ways off but but "roughly" what is your price points on a mig welded basic DOM chassis? No tabs or mounts. Similar to a Bent Fab?

Loving the build Matt. The lines on that chassis is killer. I especially like the RedDot door bars. Awesome work sir. I know its a ways off but but "roughly" what is your price points on a mig welded basic DOM chassis? No tabs or mounts. Similar to a Bent Fab?

Thanks Mark. I like the door bars too for ingress and egress. They're not aesthetically my favorite, but my joints do not give a damn about how it looks, lol. I am also working on a straight-er door option.

Working on pricing now. I will not be mig welding any chassis. Tig only, whether its DOM or 4130. I just don't even get excited about mig welding any more. But the price will still be comparable to mig. Bare, welded DOM chassis (lower link mounts are partially built into the subframe) will ballpark $5g plus shipping. Also working on a builder's fixture system, although I would prefer to weld out all chassis in house, branding and such. Fixture likely won't be available for a minute. Buggy in a box price ~$3700. But it will not be for the faint of heart without a fixture- it will take me 100 hours just to write an instruction book. I'll also be working on modular add-ons with link, motor, tcase mounting, orbital, brake booster, etc. I really need to get further along on mine to finalize those pieces.

My goal is a boutique shop for my chassis. Each one growing more unique and one of a kind than the last for any particular client, but still somewhat modular in the common areas.

I've got a pretty good lists of potential buyers that have reached out already.

Matt

I've been putting some cash back when I can and gathering parts for a full tube chassis LS buggy. Was kinda eyeballing a goatbuilt or Bent fab untill you posted this one. It will be late spring or summer before I'll be able to pull the trigger on one. Provided the election goes the right way and the oil and gas industry doesn't fold due to it. But it would be a damn honor to buy a Cutler Fab RCT chassis. I'll keep saving my pennies and watch your progress and go from there. Thanks Matt. I appreciate it buddy.

I've been putting some cash back when I can and gathering parts for a full tube chassis LS buggy. Was kinda eyeballing a goatbuilt or Bent fab untill you posted this one. It will be late spring or summer before I'll be able to pull the trigger on one. Provided the election goes the right way and the oil and gas industry doesn't fold due to it. But it would be a damn honor to buy a Cutler Fab RCT chassis. I'll keep saving my pennies and watch your progress and go from there. Thanks Matt. I appreciate it buddy.
Awesome, thanks buddy. I got you down, we'll talk soon.

My 45th b-day present to myself arrived today...[emoji7]

40 spline candlesticks in 300m...
Complete hub- hub ST assemblies. Gearworks Hp10's arrive shortly.
46f96052012078d16e682946f75b6d6b.jpg
0f2de479f63de98e7b1f60b4a87a83ca.jpg
be0b786288580d690aa51218686ddb70.jpg
bf8e044110f9b8b82f85f7874edf7ebd.jpg
be098eca3f07d90beda43d89972fc834.jpg
404d8a903b2ccaf11b76e748a7b26a6e.jpg
4839946df7c60691f922ce4fc34fd338.jpg
e13c911028bdbef7d2a5830d62eccf5c.jpg
c9a89540a55e4b2e5123b4c9c517a20b.jpg

Is this the same one floating around FB and done now?

Back