CutlerFab RCT #001

mcutler

Coming soon... CutlerFab chassis #001 RCT- right coast trail
1f609.png
Taking inspiration from many of my favorite chassis designs, dating back to the OG #twistedcustoms classic roof lines, #jimsgarage simplicity, and as late as #reddot brilliant packaging- with the similar door, because bad knees
1f602.png
Drew Burroughs
@goatbuilt jumped in with the jdsquaredinc #dragon and his CNC expertise to bring the 50", chromoly chassis to the NC mountains. I then designed a fixture for my certiflat @weldtables and we had it lasered as well. There is a generous mix of 1.75" and 1.5", with varying wall thickness from a .188 subframe, .120 mains, and .093 supports. Fully tig welded with precision in the laser cut chassis fixture, with my duet of @everlastwelders.
The #001 ship flagship build will be complimented with 71" Spidertrax housings with pro knuckles, 40 spline 300m shafts and Gearworks HP" thirds.
Scott Trimarco
, #scottscustomoffroad gear pump and @psc_performance_steering rams and orbital. Cooling designed by John Lehr-Webster @johnnyscustommotorsports_ and @crracing . And of course the standard rolling stock of the east, @intercotires 43"x20 sticky SX, wrapped around @kmcwheels #235 grenades from Scott Goforth @goforth_motorsports_inc and stopped by @wilwooddiscbrakes. @prpseats to keep me comfy and safe, suspended by @fox 2.5 coil overs and dsc adjusters. Standard powerplant of LS2, th350, and atlas tcase.
Looking for it to hit the trails in late spring.
DOM and chromoly Chassis pricing to land by 2021.
#maketrailridinggreatagain #firstchassis #weldeverydamnday #fabricationlife #shoplife #cutlerfab #eastcoast

121151234_4819512594733155_4143600759171125803_n.jpg

121164813_4819513368066411_8724724301516810_n.jpg

121170169_4819514641399617_4714815192573830316_n.jpg

121484189_936811646846017_6296794304829550649_n.jpg

121527897_794704494651116_215643528224220696_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s official. I love it.

Real question, after this build, do you think you’d make more time to use it a wheel a little more than the Manche?

Damn near jumped for joy when I saw this in the new posts. Excited to see the end result. Work is down right killer.

- Thanks Chris, ride up sometime and check it out.

I was going to say looks sweet except the sideways pictures hurt my head....

-Mine too! But I'm barely computer literate, I can't fix it...

It’s official. I love it.

-Awesome!

Killer work !
Can't wait to see it together.

-Thanks my friend, we'll hit the trails soon!

Real question, after this build, do you think you’d make more time to use it a wheel a little more than the Manche?

-That's the plan, one kid out of the house- 2 left, time to get back to wheeling proper.

Subscribed. Refreshing to see actual work alongside the CAD drawings.

:beer:

:huggy: That's how build threads work;). And the OP should, out of general courtesy, respond to every post and answer questions.:shaking: If someone takes their personal time to comment and show interest, it's only right to return in kind.

- Thanks Chris, ride up sometime and check it out.

Funny thing, I mentioned to @adamk I wanted to swing up for a day and watch you work. When I get a few more projects out the door in the coming weeks I'll definitely ride up that way.

It will be a slow go from this point until about January, but we can shoot the bull and talk design points and such until; but lots of shiny new parts and pretty pics of said parts are in route. Have two client rigs going to powder soon, two more coming in for finishing directly after. The China Virus had depleted my physical shop time this summer, but things are swinging around back to normal. The downtime afforded me a lot of screen time to get this project rolling, with only a couple days invested to get the chassis to its current state. New complete hub-to-hub front and rear steering Spidertrax housings with bearings, brakes, pro knuckles with welded high steer, welded at ST and filled with 40 spline 300m ST shafts, are slated to arrive mid November, along with Gearworks HP10's front and rear. Seats are on the way, rod ends, exhaust, and miscellaneous other pieces.

Stay tuned.

Funny thing, I mentioned to @adamk I wanted to swing up for a day and watch you work. When I get a few more projects out the door in the coming weeks I'll definitely ride up that way.

-welcome anytime.

Dude. That's hot! I dig it. Seriously makes me want to borrow the crayons and coloring books from my daughter to start back over again...maybe I'll learn something this time and have half that skill. :beer:

Dude. That's hot! I dig it. Seriously makes me want to borrow the crayons and coloring books from my daughter to start back over again...maybe I'll learn something this time and have half that skill. :beer:

crayons, charcoal, old #2 pencil, whatever it takes.

thanks scooter

Was really looking forward to seeing you build out a Bent Fab chassis, but building your own makes so much send and it looks awesome. Love the choice of 20s too. Keep knocking it out the park !!!

@shawn Can it be done after upload? Or do you have to save them rotate them and then put them back?
Eh... Might have to rotate and repost. The board software will try to fix them if it can tell they're wrong, but I don't think there's a way to fix it manually.

Eh... Might have to rotate and repost. The board software will try to fix them if it can tell they're wrong, but I don't think there's a way to fix it manually.
Screw it, in a month or two, they'll be buried by 50 more...[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Beautiful work, I love the way you made it easier to get in and out with the swept down bar, Most have a straight bar that you have to climb over. What's the wheel base?

Back