Current Projects

Ricky, F.A.S.T., Painless, and GM Perf. Parts all sell standalone computer controllers for the 4l80E, as far as the harness, you can prolly pick one up from painless as well. or you could make a harness, all you would need is the computer, plugins for the tranny, and wire it ( Check ATSG for wiring diagrams). Another thought is to check out www.LS1tech.com, and http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/ ALOT of those guys that had 4l60's in their camaro's corvette's and z-trucks, swapped 4l80's in. Theres alot of info on there.

Just picked up an 86 CUCV complete truck today....cant wait till the weekend

Just watch out for your RPM's with the caddy and 6.58 first gear, those stock rods tend to let go not far after 5500, but if yours still has the stock cam, you'll be fine, the originals were ground so that they dont rev past 4500 anyway. or, you can swap the cam and springs, and get a set of forged oldsmobile 455 rods, grind them to the right width, and your good to 6500

The couplers get sloppy over time and can strip out the splines (i haven't seen it though), and they really don't like 1st gear, low range clutch dumps too well on the grass.. (mild 350, 5000lb FJ-40, 465/205, 4.10 gears, 35" boggers, stock clutch, 4000lb rapid clutch engagement.. he went 2 inches) Big bang though, sounded cool.

The couplers get sloppy over time and can strip out the splines (i haven't seen it though), and they really don't like 1st gear, low range clutch dumps too well on the grass.. (mild 350, 5000lb FJ-40, 465/205, 4.10 gears, 35" boggers, stock clutch, 4000lb rapid clutch engagement.. he went 2 inches) Big bang though, sounded cool.

Gotcha, I mean from what I've heard from people who have run sm465/205 combo's they like em alot, hopefully it'll work out good, guess I'll find out . . . :driver:

Ricky, F.A.S.T., Painless, and GM Perf. Parts all sell standalone computer controllers for the 4l80E, as far as the harness, you can prolly pick one up from painless as well. or you could make a harness, all you would need is the computer, plugins for the tranny, and wire it ( Check ATSG for wiring diagrams). Another thought is to check out www.LS1tech.com, and http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/ ALOT of those guys that had 4l60's in their camaro's corvette's and z-trucks, swapped 4l80's in. Theres alot of info on there.

Just picked up an 86 CUCV complete truck today....cant wait till the weekend

We'll I'm trying to tie it into my exsisting harness and just get my computer reflashed, ALOT cheaper that way than trying to get a standalone computer. I found a complete write up on what to do, I just need to find a place that can reflash my computer, I know Wester's can do it but I'd like to find some place local/semi local to get it done. I'll have to check those links.

Got you a big truck huh? :driver: What are your plans for it?

Just watch out for your RPM's with the caddy and 6.58 first gear, those stock rods tend to let go not far after 5500, but if yours still has the stock cam, you'll be fine, the originals were ground so that they dont rev past 4500 anyway. or, you can swap the cam and springs, and get a set of forged oldsmobile 455 rods, grind them to the right width, and your good to 6500

Yea thats what they told me over on ck5, I still have the stock cam for now so I aught to be alright but later on down the road I'll probably do a cam/intake/rod/etc. swap to up the power :burnout:

I think i'm going to pull the axles and put them under my 93 2500 suburban, about 6 inches of lift and 36's or 37's, rebuild the 4l80 thats in it, figure out a way to use a 205 case, and stroke my ls1 i have to either 377 or 412, and swap in the ls1, and use it as a recovery truck/daily driver/tow rig for the jeep/parts runner/ or whatever else i need it for. Ive ben planning on selling my 4Runner for awhile now anyway. But the thought did cross my mind to sell my jeep and build the cucv, but i dont know exactly yet.

if thats the route i go, ill definitely let you know....my dad is going to look through all the caddy stuff and see what all we have in the garage, he also said if hes got 2 of the rear sump pans he'll be glad to get rid of one of them

Some 465 info I found,

Shttp://www.novak-adapt.com/knowledge/sm465.htm

well, i checked the parts bin while i was home this weekend, we only have one eldorado oil pan, sorry about that...as far as the 241 out of the suburban, its prolly going to be a little while before it gets pulled...im thinking of putting the 60/60 combo under my Jeep this summer, and for now i am just trying to get the jeep back moving, i have a wedding and wheeling trip to go to memorial day in PA, and the jeeps got to be there.....so the suburban is on hold for now, but ill prolly put my 44/14bolt under the suburban after the jeep is done, but i picked up i think a half ton 241 and another 208 this weekend. i want to try to bolt the 208 behind my 4l80 but i got to do some research. i know that my 208 came off of a th400. but i might swap the 400/208 combo in the suburban, just dont know yet....

P.S. i need another job....it sucks being a broke college kid

Ha, I know how that is man, I've been operating this past semester and now this semester off parts that I had to sell but my fer sale list is about out so I think I may be hunting for some kinda job myself soon.

Thanks for checkin on the parts for me thou, thats too bad on the eldo pan, I'll just keep a lookout, I'm not in a big hurry to get one so maybe I can find a deal on one.

I can tell you thou I probably won't be needing that 241 anymore, plans have changed since we last talked, but thanks for keeping me in mind man I appreciate it.

As far as the 208 swap If its a 32 spline input it will bolt up fine to the 4l80e, the only issue is I don't know if the computer needs the electrical sensor on the 241 tcase to run right, cause I think it does, allthough I might be wrong :confused:

it does need the sensor for it to shift right, but im curious if i can use a convertor for an elec speedo sensor, to convert the manual sensor to work the one needed for the tranny....or if i can adapt the stock sensor to the 208.... ricky, have you every heard, or know anything about doing a slip yoke eliminator on a 208, i havent checked CK5 yet but i was planning to.

There is a guy in Clayton that has a bunch of caddy parts, and he trying to sell all of it, he might have a pan, i know that his number is in the bargain trader, ive got the number written down if you need/want it.

ricky, have you every heard, or know anything about doing a slip yoke eliminator on a 208, i havent checked CK5 yet but i was planning to.

There is a guy in Clayton that has a bunch of caddy parts, and he trying to sell all of it, he might have a pan, i know that his number is in the bargain trader, ive got the number written down if you need/want it.

As far as the 208 I'm pretty sure that noone makes a slipyoke eliminator for them, because most people just upgrade to the 205 which already has a fixed yoke in alot of cases.

I mean, at the moment I don't really need the pan and I need to kinda hang onto my $$ cause im finishin up my Jeep, hopefully I'll be wheelin it sat at DPG

enough talk. lets see some pics of the cj ricky

You'll see it plenty enough sat at DPG :driver:

it is something stupid that ricky came up with. there is no such thing. dont let him convince you otherwise

its a Chevy Jeep Z71 because everyone knows fullsize chevys are better than anything else and that Z71's are the pinnacle of all things and my jeep realized this so through modification techniques that only one quite as brilliant as myself I have acheived what has pretty much made a Jeep an actual respectable non wussy wheelin rig and with an artistic chip foose like brilliance have pushed it even farther into the Z71 godlyness

its a Chevy Jeep Z71 because everyone knows fullsize chevys are better than anything else and that Z71's are the pinnacle of all things and my jeep realized this so through modification techniques that only one quite as brilliant as myself I have acheived what has pretty much made a Jeep an actual respectable non wussy wheelin rig and with an artistic chip foose like brilliance have pushed it even farther into the Z71 godlyness

haha I think that he reached way up between his cheeks to pull that load out :flipoff2:

.....oh boy, that one's too far gone to save.:shaking:

:flipoff2:

its a Chevy Jeep Z71 because everyone knows fullsize chevys bring the suck on trails and that Z71's are the lowest of the low and my jeep realized this because its a jeep. so through terrible modification techniques that only one quite as retarded as myself I have acheived what has pretty much made a awesome Jeep an actual POS and with an autistic chip foose like brilliance have pushed it even farther into the Z71 retardness
FIXED FOR ACCURACY
Had to ricky :beer: :lol:

Zack

x2 bazillion! you jsut made a half way reliable jeep into an unreliable POS just by THINKING about putting chevy stuff on it!:flipoff2:

what was up with ur big blazer at DPG the only thing i saw it do was go back and forth to the trailer lol i was wanting to see it on the rocks

Back