Current Projects

Well, got the suspension on the front of the ford done for the most part, the new 4" superflex deaver coils in, got the tracbar mounted, steering hooked up, then decided to flex her . . .

*Saftey warning to fellow nc4x4'ers: when flexing your rig make sure the body is actually bolted to the frame

The ford and Chevy almost got alot closer than they would have liked . . .

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v674_jrraw23_0113071506.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v674_jrraw23_0113071506a.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v674_jrraw23_0113071527.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v674_jrraw23_0113071527a.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v674_jrraw23_0113071528.jpg

. .
*Saftey warning to fellow nc4x4'ers: when flexing your rig make sure the body is actually bolted to the frame
The ford and Chevy almost got alot closer than they would have liked . . .

You'll also find out that old ford trucks get at least half of their flex from their frame. Expect to lose some when/if you add a cage.:flipoff2:

I might have to, what you got goin on now? I'm back up in Raleigh right now at State but i swing home every other weekend or so tryin to get that 500 swap all done, I'm pickin up a sm465/205 combo tommorow to slap behind that 500, the granny gear aught help my krawl ratio a little bit.

btw: i just called you a few min ago and left a message, give me a call back when you get a chance

Right on. My phone is down stairs, I didn't even here it. I just got yj tub and frame for 250.00 for my dad. Picked up a 60 and 14 bolt for 1000.00 has 4.56 gears and a detroit already in them. Got some 44 tsl's brand new. Trying to get an idea to do for suspension.... coilovers, air shocks, or coils. I will be stretching this one to 119" wheelbase like mine.

hmmm, well its probably got the 27 spline output so that means you can bolt up a np208, a np241, a np203, and a np231 (if you swapped in a np241 input into the 231 but a 231 is not a strong tcase)

unfortunalty the 208 and 241 are aluminum t cases and the 203 is a full time case. The 203 can be converted to part time but i'm not sure on its strength. The 241 and 208 are both aight cases but not bulletproof.

basically if you want something stronger I think your gonna have to custom adapt the input splines on em or get a different spline output shaft for the tranny.

** edit: I think moser can respline your trannys output shaft to something more suitable for under $100

Ricky you are right dude, that thing flex's great....waiting on my dad to call me back about the eldorado pan...i was at wake tech today and saw another back Z that had Beast inc. i think on the windshield or back window....crazy....so i went and check out beastinc.net and George, they guy with the red cherokee, that got honorable mention in yall competition, bought his roof rack and rock rails from my best friend....crazy...

Ricky you are right dude, that thing flex's great....waiting on my dad to call me back about the eldorado pan...i was at wake tech today and saw another back Z that had Beast inc. i think on the windshield or back window....crazy....so i went and check out beastinc.net and George, they guy with the red cherokee, that got honorable mention in yall competition, bought his roof rack and rock rails from my best friend....crazy...

Ha, yea george wasnt to happy with me after he hit the mud hole :shaking: but whatever we pulled the plugs shot out the water and he drove it away :driver:

Yea def let me know about the edlo pan man, i'd really preciate it :burnout:

How are you gonna bolt the SM465 to the Caddy 500?

Jegs has an adapter to bolt any chevy pattern tranny to the caddy motor for like $50

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product2_10001_10002_751074_-1

then im gonna order a flywheel from www.cad500.com gonna be real pricey at a little over $300 but it will be worth it for the granny gear and strength

http://www.cad500parts.com/catalog/page27.htm

but yea man let me know bout that pan, thanks.

Crazy...

Ricky you are crazy that thing really flex's great....like....crazy... ...i was at wake tech today and saw another CRAY Z that had Beast inc. i think on the windshield or back window........so i went and check out beastinc.net ,,,crazy....

:burnout:

Jegs has an adapter to bolt any chevy pattern tranny to the caddy motor for like $50

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product2_10001_10002_751074_-1

then im gonna order a flexpalte from www.cad500.com gonna be real pricey at a little over $300 but it will be worth it for the granny gear and strength

http://www.cad500parts.com/catalog/page27.htm

but yea man let me know bout that pan, thanks.

Ricky, make sure that the adapter will hold up to the torque of the motor... also remember that youll need a flywheel for a Manual and a Flexplate for a Auto.... im sure u know that but just makin sure

Yea I meant to say flywheel, if I was using a auto I could just reuse the stock flexplate off the caddy but since im goin manual I gotta order the flywheel.

As far as the adapter thats the same one all the other guys use so I assume it should hold up, I havn't seen anyone say anything bad about it (been doin some posting over on ck5)

Then he'll be learning allllll about those ultra strong 465/205 10-spline couplers :rolleyes:

yeah for a caddy 500, i would hope you have a 32 spline output sm465, but i doubt it...

i wouldnt call it weak by any stretch, but that is alot of tourqe from a caddy 500. it is out of my ballpark, mine held up fine in my old jeep behind about 275hp, and maybe 325 ft/lb tourqe. i would run it, but i thought it was going in your truck, it would be fine behind a 350.

they are all 10 spline input as far as i know. i would think that is the weakest point.

and as far as what should you do. run that shit. if and when it breaks, buy another one, easy swap out, and cheap to score one (compared to an auto).

Back