Cruggy Progress III

id make a quick false panel for the wiring, possibly just some stand offs from the actual cover, definitly give you some room for straps or soft sided lunch pail..

also on the pass. side cover, id notch the bottom/front to leave access to the corner tube. Perfect spot to hang a clevis or 2... easy access..

I don't want to hijack but...

He was steering with it in the woods, going down hill at a decent speed bumped over a small ledge into a small rock pile. He slammed forward this is when i guess he had his hand on the knob which got shoved inward now faceing knob down bolt up. The wheel jerked out of his hand and seeing as how his hand was inside of the wheel now and the right hand was on the gear shift he went face firstinto the wheel. It dazed him pretty good but the wheel was jerking back and forth.

It finally stalled. Some how it the quick back and forth movments it mangled this hand and the cut came when he first slipped.

Nice work Rich. The dash & console look good.

What was hard about cutting the holes for the dash panel? What did you use to cut/shape the holes, plasma & a die grinder?

<><Fish

Got the bling front driveline from Universal Automotive in Concord.. Very fast service, and exactly what I asked for.. 1.75" tube up top, .120 tube on the bottom, 14" slip, minitruck joints throughout. Couldn't ask for a better job, or a better price..

frontshaft.jpg

Made this bracket... wanted to keep the carrier as low as possible - it's 1/4", angled up, and there's a full size gusset on the front side as well.. it should hold.

frontshaftin.jpg

Did a real fast down and dirty primer of the cage, since I had to trailer the Cruiser to the driveline place, and didn't want it rusting.. I kinda like how the white looks! 81" to the top @ 22" to the frame..

primercage.jpg

Here's the skid... 36" front to back - 3/16" steel with 1" x .120 angle around the perimeter. I wanted it flush, but the minitruck case wouldn't allow for that and still have a decent rear driveline angle. But since I never had a skid at all before, this is a good start! (465/205, who cares what it hits?)

skid.jpg

Fun with wiring! This is the last major thing to do before the first run...

wiring.jpg

Yeah, that white DOES look good on the cage, considering the rest of the scheme. Leave it that way.

I like the white look on the cage also, blends very well with the rest of the paint. I say you keep it white. Cruiser has turned out very nice Rich, I am very impressed with your work on it.

Another thought... that OD ammo box in the back, I gather for tools and such? Paint that the same blue as the hood! :D

looks killer rich!!!

I saw you trailering it on friday around 2:00 just outside of greensboro. Looked good at 70 mph. I thought you might have been going for a shakedown run. It motivated me to finish my junk this weekend, so i hoped!

Looks great Rich! I can't wait to see it in action next week.

R.K.

BIGWOODY said:
Man my shit is ugly next to that...don't park that thing to close to mine..some ugly may rub off on it.

I hope so.. then I won't care about appearance so much... Why, oh why, do i do this.. I feel like CasterTroy doing the paint work on the "trail rig"

a little more wiring this evening...

wiring2.jpg

Actually, it's offset to the right, to allow me more room.. :)

Jimmy - yeah, Dayton is the shakedown run.. sheesh. NOT the place to go with an untested setup. I'm gonna run with the easiest group on Day1, see what falls off, then if everything is OK, hit some of the harder trails.

Back