Craigslist renegotiators

When my daughter decided to sell her F150, I posted it.

F860B1F1-D893-4D4E-AAF5-DBFC76A5ED4F.jpeg

Super clean, new tires, interior looks new and only 100k miles. Posted for $4500

Guy calls and offers 1900 because that’s what the “book” says.

I explain that these trucks in this condition are hard to come by and the market shows it to be worth the asking price. He argues for a few minutes LOL.

When a guy flew in the second day from Ohio to buy it, I texted him and told him about it. He just said “whatever” LOL

Welcome to my world.I sent one home one time over a $100 bill.I was at home,he came to me,and we had already neg the price.Shows up offering $500 less than we agreed on and came back up to within $100.Enjoy your 4 hour drive home.

That's what cracks me up about this thread. The Craigslist find-of-the-day thread is chock full of "show up with half his asking price in cash, I bet he'll take it" posts, meanwhile we've got guys in this thread saying "that asshole showed up and offered me $100 less than my asking price."

:lol:
I assume that was directed toward me and if so maybe I should have included more details.Dude had already talked me down off my asking price by $400 over the phone.Shows up and proceedes to ask me to take $500 less and that he just cant let himself buy the truck unless he can get me to come off my price some more,the price that I had already dropped by $400.He stood there pointing out all the problems it had why slowly back peddling to within $100 of our original neg price.He just couldn't let himself pay that extra $100 and I just couldn't let myself let it go for $100 less.Am I dumass for not selling it to him,yeah probably.It was just a $100 and Ive spent more than that on a tank of fuel,but it was the principle of the matter to me.It sold about a month later to somebody else for the same price we had originally neg to.I know its SOP to offer half right off the bat but I can honestly say Ive never done that.If its soo overpriced that I'm gonna have to get it for half before its a decent deal I'm not even gonna bother trying.

Wasn't sure and tried reading back thru but my attention span is kinda short tonight.

The one good thing about the Facebook market place is it tells you how long it was listed. If you find something and it’s been on there over a month chances are you can get it a lot cheaper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll sell my stuff to you a holes cheaper than what I list to the Gen Pop just to know who I'm selling to and for the added accountability.
Just ask @BigSouth about the deal we made on my 43s.
I despise dealing with FB, CL and the like when it comes to selling stuff.
The reality is the same people you deal with wanting 1/2 price gear installs are probably some of the same people were bithcin about.

The one good thing about the Facebook market place is it tells you how long it was listed. If you find something and it’s been on there over a month chances are you can get it a lot cheaper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A lot of times there's a reason why its still posted,cause they wont reply to your post/pm.I buy a lot of stuff from out of state and they cant believe some guy from TN is auctualy gonna buy their junk and never get back w me.Ive actually been told that.

When my daughter decided to sell her F150, I posted it.

View attachment 291225

Super clean, new tires, interior looks new and only 100k miles. Posted for $4500

My dad had one just like that, Metallic Green I think it's called. As a kid, I loved it. I'd pay $4500 for it all day.

It's amazing how far people will travel to buy an older vehicle in good condition.

Except for Wranglers. Because they're a dime a dozen.

My dad had one just like that, Metallic Green I think it's called. As a kid, I loved it. I'd pay $4500 for it all day.

It's amazing how far people will travel to buy an older vehicle in good condition.

Except for Wranglers. Because they're a dime a dozen.
i had a guy drive from the damn near canada to by an F100 i had, once i got it home i realized it was going to be to big of a project to fix it up like i wanted, local guys said it was a pile.. he drove down loaded it on the trailer shook my hand and drove off without thinking twice

A lot of times there's a reason why its still posted,cause they wont reply to your post/pm.I buy a lot of stuff from out of state and they cant believe some guy from TN is auctualy gonna buy their junk and never get back w me.Ive actually been told that.
ya, about 2/3 of the ones i send a message to don't answer, but the ones i do get a hold of Ive been able to get a good deal.

I got some crazy messages back when i was looking to buy a different boat last year. i really wanted a fiberglass deep V hull boat, they arent sold in the south so i was looking up north and all the way out into the dakotas. people thought i was crazy wanting to drive that far for a sub 10,000 dollar boat. told them i was gonna turn it into a vacation and hit up some sights on the way out.

This thread is a perfect reminder of why I have several storage buildings and don't sell anything used any more. If I do want to get rid of something I offer it to family/friends first for next to nothing, otherwise it gets donated to a good cause. As a buyer though, I'll offer what I think is fair and what it's worth to me (assuming it's a want and a not a need). There will always be another widget, and I can't tell you how many times as a buyer I've said 'my offer stands until I find what I want'. About half the time, I get a message a couple weeks/months later saying they'll take my offer, I tell them I already found/bought someone else's widget and I don't need two...typically end up with that widget for less than my original offer.

Back