coilovers on a TJ...

an "almost" done pic...

DSCN1415.JPG

Greg

MrShoeBoy said:
For some reason you and your vehicle somehow get in and out of the shop faster than anybody elses I have seen...
AARON

no comment....:smokin:

lifted the body up and got all the joints welded across the top...got it almost all the way button-up today...including a fresh coat of paint:

DSCN1417.JPG

DSCN1418.JPG

DSCN1419.JPG

e-brake cables back in (ones from TeraFlex conversion kit still fit)...ARB line tied down, and longer hard line for rear brakes put in:

DSCN1420.JPG

DSCN1421.JPG

just gotta swap out the lower coils tomorrow, install the three limiting straps...and possibly get the swaybar in...

then, decide what I'm gonna do about some comp corners...probably go BTF, but trying to sell the hard top first...

Greg

got the center limiting strap and the outer straps hooked up:

DSCN1429.JPG

swaybar got mounted by notching the frame and running a tube:

DSCN1435.JPG

straps attached to the lower end of the links:

DSCN1438.JPG

cut a little more off the corners to kinda clean it up for the weekend trail riding, and then will get to the comp cut corners later:

DSCN1437.JPG

Chris pointing out the reservoirs mounted on the support bar:

DSCN1434.JPG

and the "final" pic to show the wheelbase:

DSCN1439.JPG

put it on the trailer ready to head to Uwharrie in the morning...

whatcha think?

Greg

All looks great to me! Digging the sway bar notched into the frame.

Scott

pstrokejunky said:
why the sway bars?

Because every jeep with coils should run them.

Nice build, I look forward to a trail report.

Beastforty said:
Because every jeep with coils should run them.
Nice build, I look forward to a trail report.
I understand the resson for A sway bar but why two? I know it's not only a trail jeep but most buggy and trail jeeps only run one.

They're tuned to the vehicle. It will handle/flex/work much better with them than without. They can be a band-aid, but by the same token they can and are used --in virtually every supermod buggy, trophy truck, and drag or track car--as a part of a well working suspension...
I used to think they were band-aids too...but have since learned otherwise.

:edit: And besides, maybe he just thinks they look cool? :flipoff2:

rockmafia said:
mine will max out my 16" coil overs. It forces the front of mine to flex, othewise it will just flex the rear-body roll.

I'm running 12" coilovers...and as I mentioned before, neither swaybar is a limiting factor...

(I wasn't sure how to interpret you "mine will max out" comment)...didn't mean if you could still extend them completely (to the max) without the swaybar limiting, or if the swaybar maxed out before the coilovers did...:confused:

Greg

Back