CNC Plasma, Router, Torch Tables

sign salon.JPG

A few questions. I'm in the market for a 4x4 plasma table w/ engraver.

1) What kind of motors for the movement? Ie: Steppers or Servos?

2) Can wear items (motors,cables,bearings,belts,slides etc.) be purchased from outside suppliers, or are they strictly proprietary items to be purchased directly from you?

3) What model/brand controller does your system use?

4) To import dxfs from another computer, is file transfer limited to on type of media, and what type is that? (ie: Usb drive, floppy drive)

5) What Cad/cam software does the machine come with, is a separate post processor needed to write the g-code from dxfs?
Also, Is a file converter built within the software in order to, for example, import a jpeg/bmp image and convert it to dxf, or will a seperate one be needed. Also, is there a provision for part nesting with the software?

6) I assume a non High frequency plasma is needed for this system, are there provision for hand torch mounting, or is it strictly limited to machine torch usage? Also, The height control, is it touch and go, or based on the plasma arc voltage?

7) How is the movement of the carriage and design of the rails, ie: sealed V groove roller bearings, precision slides, flat round bearing, as well as is it direct drive, belt drive, rack and pinion?

8) What tolerance will this system cut? and How is the repeatability? I know alot of that also depends on what plasma the user runs, but what have you found the machine to be capable of?

These are the majority of my questions, I may have more soon, which would ultimately lead me to just call you guys. I posted these for future reference, if someone searchs, they can get back to this.

Thanks,
Scott

A few questions. I'm in the market for a 4x4 plasma table w/ engraver.
1) What kind of motors for the movement? Ie: Steppers or Servos?
Steppers with 400 in oz in the x and y, 280 in for the z. The steppers are as accurate as servos with the benefit of less of a noise issues. When a machine with servos has impedance to its motion, it will stop the machine and tell you on your computer that machine is loosing position, but because you are cutting your final tolerance with the plasma, you still screw up a part. With the stepper motors, when there is a impending of movement (which doesn't happen very often), the motors will make a nasty sound and in the end your faced with the same outcome as the servos, a screwed up part, but benefit with little to no noise issues from the plasma.
2) Can wear items (motors,cables,bearings,belts,slides etc.) be purchased from outside suppliers, or are they strictly proprietary items to be purchased directly from you? All parts have standard part numbers on them, they can be sourced form us or outside sources.
3) What model/brand controller does your system use?
We use a 40 volt stepper motor divers with 3 amp drives.
4) To import dxfs from another computer, is file transfer limited to on type of media, and what type is that? (ie: Usb drive, floppy drive) You could network the computer via hard line, but we recommend USB
5) What Cad/cam software does the machine come with, is a separate post processor needed to write the g-code from dxfs?
Also, Is a file converter built within the software in order to, for example, import a jpeg/bmp image and convert it to dxf, or will a seperate one be needed. Also, is there a provision for part nesting with the software?
Full versions of Hycad with photo vectoring and SheetCam. Everything you need to draw a part, put an cut operation to the drawing (capable of multiple operations) and cut the part. Manual nesting is done in CAD, Automatic nesting is a high end program that runs in the 3K range, we off this for our customers as an option, this is the cheapest we have found for an actual "true" automatic nesting program.
6) I assume a non High frequency plasma is needed for this system, are there provision for hand torch mounting, or is it strictly limited to machine torch usage? Also, The height control, is it touch and go, or based on the plasma arc voltage? High Frequency plasma cutters can be used. Hand torches can be used but we only supply a machine torch mount with the table. We advise against a hand torch because it is hard to plum up a hand torch to the table, and much harder to change consumables. The torch height works by touching the material to get the pierce height, then using arc voltage to maintain the cut height.
7) How is the movement of the carriage, ie: sealed V groove roller bearings, precision slide, flat round bearing, as well as is it direct drive, belt drive, rack and pinion?
Movement is supported by over 20 ball bearings on the complete table. The design is meant to be run in a dirty environment where a precision rail would fail.
These are the majority of my questions, I may have more soon, which would ultimately lead me to just call you guys. I posted these for future reference, if someone searchs, they can get back to this.
Thanks,
Scott

replies are in red.

Got some badass trophies today from these guys.
Come check them out in person Saturday

The THC system that is on our tables was completely developed by us here at BurnTables, it is by far the easiest THC system to use, but has all the features that a $5,000 system would and more!

-Adjustable torch height control, pierce height control, pierce delay, anti dive speed, and torch adjustment speed, all adjustable on the fly while cutting!

-All settings are saved, even in the event of power loss!

-Do you only want the system to reference the pierce height, but not use the thc for that occasional odd cut part, yes it can!

-Consumable wearing out but still cutting, but the height has changed because of the wear on the consumable? Don't change it out, get more life out of your consumables, adjust the torch height by the turn of the knob, on the fly while your cutting!

-Are you getting slag build up on the nozzle? Don't stop cutting, raise your pierce height with the turn of the knob, save time make money!

-Cutting the holes in you part at a slower speed but don't want the THC to fight you and drive the torch into the material, With BurnTables antidive features, complete adjustability, and you guessed it.... on the fly! Keeps the torch from diving down in corners also, no matter how slow you go!

-Need cut a part out of a already bent part, with the BurnTables z axis ability to travel 6" and the Automatic Torch Height control, you can cut up to 45 degree bent parts.

-Have a situation that you need to completely turn off the THC, but yet need the functionality of the z axis to raise and lower between cuts, yep got it covered.

Did we mention that this all Standard on ALL of our CNC Tables!

Back