Cl find of the day

Count the number of joints where a piece of tubing transfers an axial load to another piece of tubing in bending, it's a fun game. I lost count, there's so many of them. And sections of cage that can't actually transfer any load, just a bunch of dead areas (see: corners). You could take a sawzall and do some weight reduction without changing the strength a single bit.

I'll say it again (not the first time): Knowing how to use a tube bender and a welder doesn't make you able to design a cage, period. The basics are so completely simple and common sense, it just blows my mind.

Lets say hypothetically the cage withstood a rollover.... the enitre thing would likely rip loose of the sheetmetal floorpan he welded it to. Of course, that is assuming the tubing is something more than exhaust pipe. My guess is poop pipe.

"Shed of Doom" boatworks...............

Plywood skiff

You'd be much better off, and safer in this

f744a47e075c19385d26745aab73194f.jpg

WTH were you looking for to find that????

Just scrolling through the classifieds. I find that you miss the deals when you search... you have to sift through everything to find the misspelled or mislabeled crap.

k5 blazer
Those of you that have been reading the Bronco vs K5 blazer thread know that I have been searching for a bit. I think we have found a truck "of interest!" The custom suspension work, picture #6 is what intrigues me the most really. Bodywork / artwork too on driver side.

k5 blazer
Those of you that have been reading the Bronco vs K5 blazer thread know that I have been searching for a bit. I think we have found a truck "of interest!" The custom suspension work, picture #6 is what intrigues me the most really. Bodywork / artwork too on driver side.

I wouldn't give $8 for that pos

I think that thing exceeded "some rust" years ago.

And WTF is a front gate?

Back