Cl find of the day

I turned down $25k for my pile 6 weeks ago.
True story.

Stupid move, but I don't wanna build another one anytime soon.
For $25k you wouldn't have to, you could pay another shlub to build it.

I turned down $25k for my pile 6 weeks ago.
True story.

Stupid move, but I don't wanna build another one anytime soon.

IF I were offered that for my pile of parts I'd probably take it........ I aint scared to start over. Hell I have one I'm trying to sell parts to get started on now.

Jesus, how hard is it to spell "custom" right.
He would probably ask you the same question if he saw how you spelled it :lol:

I think he already installed it and removed it cause binds like a sob.

Man I had to do some finishing touches on a SAS xterra for a guy, this damn forum he's on was trying to get him to run a 1330 CV driveshaft, and it took a lot of convincing for him to run a 1310 CV shaft just travel. So I just cracked up at this lol.

That bed narrowing is lots of things, but "correct" seems a little strong of a word. I didn't know there was a correct way to turn a rectangle into a trapezoid by cutting everything up and splicing it back together with a piece of plate straight down the middle...? Who came up with these awesome rules for bed narrowing? Why did the seller think it was a good idea to put pictures of such amazing fab work in the ad?

So many questions.

Last edited:

Whoa, whoa, whoa.... Hold on a second here..

I just read the ad text. This is the same guy who made the Clemson-themed rock crawler that showed up somewhere (this thread?) a little while ago.

For all of the feet of steel tubing used to on this MR2 buggy, he still hasn't quite figured out how triangles work. Or figured out how tube joints work to transfer load. It looks probably twice as heavy and half as stiff as it probably should be. It really makes my brain hurt to look at it.

I think its a cool concept. With a decent tube design and a turbo, it would be sweet.

Whoa, whoa, whoa.... Hold on a second here..

I just read the ad text. This is the same guy who made the Clemson-themed rock crawler that showed up somewhere (this thread?) a little while ago.

For all of the feet of steel tubing used to on this MR2 buggy, he still hasn't quite figured out how triangles work. Or figured out how tube joints work to transfer load. It looks probably twice as heavy and half as stiff as it probably should be. It really makes my brain hurt to look at it.

Did you not know, trapezoids are where its at these days.

This guy loves to cut-up unibody vehicles and weld tubing to them.

I think its a cool concept. With a decent tube design and a turbo, it would be sweet.

Did you not know, trapezoids are where its at these days.

This guy loves to cut-up unibody vehicles and weld tubing to them.

Count the number of joints where a piece of tubing transfers an axial load to another piece of tubing in bending, it's a fun game. I lost count, there's so many of them. And sections of cage that can't actually transfer any load, just a bunch of dead areas (see: corners). You could take a sawzall and do some weight reduction without changing the strength a single bit.

I'll say it again (not the first time): Knowing how to use a tube bender and a welder doesn't make you able to design a cage, period. The basics are so completely simple and common sense, it just blows my mind.

Back