CJ5 Jevy

the meet and greet at DPG is heating up, Hurbert proclaimed his resignation from the board when his jeep sells

I want to just not look in here, but my curiousity always seems to get the better of me...

Ricky- the DPG ride this weekend.. ya know.. wheeling? :flipoff2:

Alright so what are the specs on the sami again? Sorry for saying this -- but I've seen many vehicles for sale on here "RUNNING" that you could have bought thrown a lift on and made a mud truck for way cheaper than the Jeeps going to cost. I Like the jeep idea but d@mn.

I say put a tarp on that Mt. Everest monument, build the sammi and go wheeling. I was off the trails for a whole summer building mine and it made me madder than hell. Seems like your gonna be in the builders club for a LONG time dealing with both of these. I know it's your call but I'd rather be out in the woods...........just my .02

Im in the builders club for a hot minute, im building an axle and I dont even have a jeep to put it under!

Part out the jeep and build the sami. You have more than adiquate parts and just need a geo tracker engine & trany. I know you want to go with something strange to be differant but look at the jeep. Your already thinking about getting out of it unfinished. Go with something reliable and already accomplished. Who cares if it's differant when you are wheeling around them. Sorry not trying to be negative but think about it your still learning. No matter what you do you will always find something to change. If you start with something already accomplished then you won't have that extra burden. You will also have alot of information and support for other people.

im building an axle
i'm curious exactly how many posts you've referenced your ultimate super badical 9" in... i think the "if i had a dime" saying applys...

I tried staying out of this thread but was misleaded here from another link.

That cj is going to flop leaving the driveway, lower that sumbich - just b/c you have 44" tires dont mean you need 44" of lift. I can hear that dana 44 crying for help from here in Raleigh.

Now if im understanding this correctly, your putting the rockwells under the sammi? Can I ask why when you have a perfect CJ/YJ candidate? hmm, 5.9 vs 1.6, wheelbase already modified for big tires.... Im just not seeing the logic here.

Back