CJ5 Jevy

this is a disaster of epic proportions.

start over. take those springs off. rethink what you want to do. a cj sitting low on 44's is still a big ass rig that people will stare at. that, after all, seems to be what you are after.

pheery said:
start over. rethink what you want to do. a cj sitting low on 44's is still a big ass rig that people will stare at. that, after all, seems to be what you are after.

+1...sell that rig to someone who'll just wheel the piss out of it and get something else. Hell, Here's one already done up

ai11.ebayimg.com_01_i_05_da_f7_c3_12.JPG

yeah thats hot...

if your going to the :gay: convention at key west over the summertime
im sure that thing will pick up alotta boys.

cumminsdzl said:
Or you could just put the other springs back on, and have a better wheeling, better driving, cheaper, and all around easier to dial in vehicle than you have now.

Yeah, I suggested that a couple of pages ago. He thought it was a dumb idea. I think he said he's saving those springs for his Samurai. :lol:

saf-t scissors said:

Yeah, i thought the jeep looked pretty cool like it was in this picture. I understand some people like tall lifted stuff, but is it really worth it to put yourself through all the time and money to have a LESS capable rig? Maybe you enjoy building more than wheeling. Its your project, time, and money, and you should spend it how you see fit, but you are doing things the hard way and ending up with something less capable than what you started with. just my two cents.

Well in that pic that was the old horribly rusted CJ5 body and those axles were not the good ones I have now and the drivetrain was the old busted one so in that pic it wasn't very capapble. I guess I could drop down the Jeep now but then I would have to cut the fenders on the new 95 YJ body I put on it and I don't want to cut the fenders. Besides the Jeep really isn't that big, Personally I wish it was bigger but that brings me back to the Rockwell debate of the century going on in my head right now . . .

Whoa ricky, your getting all twisted up in the rockwell bullshit. You need to figure out your driveline angles before you will be able to even move it. Rockwells are the last thing you need to worry about incorporating into your budget right now. you would be better off cutting the YJ body NICELY and doing a good job then spending mucho dollars on new U joints every other day

jrraw23 said:
Got a 74 CJ5, codenamed: JEVY

-Put the Sick nasty axles I have under it here are the specs again:
79 Wagoneer Dana 44
4.10 Gears
Eazy Locker
Warn Shafts
Reg. U-Joints
Warn Premium Hubs
Chevy 8 Lug Conversion
Rockstomper Rock Rod (Heavy Duty)

C&C Corp 14 Bolt
4.10 Gears
Detroit Locker
Disc Brakes
Rock Cage (like the ones on ebay)
8 Lug
New Bearings and seals
So after all that work your going to trade your sick nasty axles for rockwells which will just be more cash money?

Well those axles are sick nasty but that 44 front is just askin for trouble with 44" tall tires, but being a mud mostly rig I might could get away with it, but having Rockwells will help reduce those steep D shaft angles but then again I don't want to get rid of the axles I have, but with Rockwells I can go with huge tires, but I don't want to buy new tires, but . . . . . . on and on the debate goes

Couple More Poser pics below, work on the Jeep is officially done until I get some more funds which will probably not be until summer since I'm back at State now, main thing left are Tranny rebuild, driveshafts, and wiring, among other small annoying stuff . . . . of course that is assuming I don't go with Rockwells :confused:

n11809671_30193129_7686.jpg

n11809671_30193134_8589.jpg

n11809671_30193132_8237.jpg

n11809671_30193128_7341.jpg

I had a whole long drawn out reply on what you really should consider doing with this thing if you really plan on driving it at all, but I decided to just keep it short and sweet:

and please do not drive this abortion on the street, no matter what axles you put under it.

paulevans76 said:
please do not drive this abortion on the street, no matter what axles you put under it.

nah itll be fine. its first trip should be to greenville.

Actually, maybe abortion is too strong a word. Hey, it was early, no coffee, not trying to flex e-nuts.

You have put a lot of time and effort into this thing, and that is commendable. But really, something that tall isn't safe for other people on the road. Keep it on the trailer and in the mud holes and its all good. :flipoff2:

jrraw23 said:
Well when I say I want to drive it on the road it will be just to like Brusters and Birkdale to show off thats bout it, just for crusing. Maybe I can drive it all the way to Raleigh some day to show off at State . . . . . :D
To each his own

But to ME.....that makes about as much sense as buying a $40,000 hard tail chopper, JUST to ride in parades and up and down the strip at the beach

I woulda love to have had what you started with for a "trail rig" :(

If you EVER drive that thing through Birkdale -LET ME KNOW! I would love to see the looks on the yuppies faces-and time how long it would take for the man to get there! LoL:Rockon:

CasterTroy said:
To each his own

But to ME.....that makes about as much sense as buying a $40,000 hard tail chopper, JUST to ride in parades and up and down the strip at the beach

I woulda love to have had what you started with for a "trail rig" :(

I'm not gonna only drive it on the road I just want the option, this thing is being built to wheel, mud mostly but still wheel.

You are using hydro steering right? Also if your going to just replace the axles after you find something else why even build a driveshaft for the front?

Back