CJ35 Bobbed Deuce

Dude, you've consistently had some of the baddest rigs I've seen in past memory.

The cj-10A in the background is another one of them.

That deuce though... That's badass come to life.

Build a cage for it and beat it harder.

That thing is sweet, any plans for a bed? Are those tires the 16-20's? I would love to step up to the 16-20's but I think the tires will rub in the middle like a set of gears...

asteelsoldiers_com_image_php_2b6dd97ddf8fb83e982f225a5eb63b85._.jpg

The guy above did a 12" axle spread to fit the 16-20's.
attachment.php

This guy spread his also and runs 14-20's
ai215.photobucket.com_albums_cc19_silentbob_pics_P8148254.jpg

This guy has a stock set up and barely fits the 46's
(395/85/20).

IMG_4099.jpg

IMG_4100.jpg

Probably no bed, I wanna put this stretched CJ2a body on it to stay somewhat true to my Jeephood, yea I made that word up, :lol:. It will fit if I relocate the radiator to the back. Again I wanna get it as low and light as possible, I'm content with it just being a big toy and having very little practical use for it. I'd like to find a m105 trailer and put matching tires on it so that I can use it to pick up materials. We'll see.

71deuce Bluerunner, got any pics of your deuce's?

Axle spread... i hate to ask it but can you give a few details on that, bolt ons?

I dont have any pics of mine off hand, AMG 1971, white 465 diesel, 10 speed, 53K miles, camo, dual axle single tire rear, 11x20's, soft top, it was in desert storm and was retired in 2002. The inside of the bed is still desert camo which is cool, its in mint condition and fun as hell to drive, every last thing on it works, OBA, all gages, etc.

Ill get some pics up next week if I can find them.

Nice rig. In one of your videos, I heard someone tell you to start in 2nd or 3rd. The t-case in those beasts only like to be started in 1st or it will destroy the sprag unit. What year is your M35? Gas, diesel, or multifuel?

I did a little research on the tcase sprag, you're right, thanks for the tip. Not sure of the year, one of the plates on the dash is missing but it does have a vin I can decode I've just never done it. Multifuel.

I did a little research on the tcase sprag, you're right, thanks for the tip. Not sure of the year, one of the plates on the dash is missing but it does have a vin I can decode I've just never done it. Multifuel.
I only know this because I was a mechanic in the Army.

I was a 88M (truck driver) in the Army National Guard for 6 years. I always enjoyed testing the trucks, I mostly drove the 8x8 M977 HEMTT's. I would have been better off working on all my junk had I been a wheeled mechanic, driving always was my thing though.

I was a 88M (truck driver) in the Army National Guard for 6 years. I always enjoyed testing the trucks, I mostly drove the 8x8 M977 HEMTT's. I would have been better off working on all my junk had I been a wheeled mechanic, driving always was my thing though.
I know what you mean. I'm trained as a mechanic and drive a truck for a living.

Stay tuned for more pics and video. This beast is for sale, $7000 obo. Look for it and the rest of my junk in the for sale section soon.
:eek: Is that a typo? is it supposed to be 700? you can buy a deuce in great condition with around 15k miles for 4000 on ebay or the military site all day long. I just bought one that was just restored by the military in 2004 for less than half 7k

:eek: Is that a typo? is it supposed to be 700? you can buy a deuce in great condition with around 15k miles for 4000 on ebay or the military site all day long. I just bought one that was just restored by the military in 2004 for less than half 7k

You know I have bought and sold over 20 vehicles on Ebay and this site in the past 2 years and you are the first person that has ever said anything about the price, congratulations. I can't find it but there was a rule somewhere that basicly said if you don't like the price then keep your mouth shut and move on. I am 100% against getting into with people online, I think it's ignorant although it can be entertaining for others. But let me school you about bobbed deuces.

Sure say you get a deuce for $4000, shops are charging average $1500 to bob them, then call Stazzworks and get in line for a set of 2 piece custom rims and 52" tires that will put you back over $3000 shipped, so we're up to $8500.

I've got $4000 in the truck, $2500 in the tires and rims, $200 in a new battery, and a couple days of work flipping hubs and getting rid of unnecessaries, (that all come with the truck). So thats $6700 I have in it. Am I gonna get $7000 of course not but you gotta start somewhere. For about $400 I could and probably should add a bed and paint it, to add more value.

The deuce in the ebay link above looks great but is 20 years older, has the undesirable gas engine, and no winch. His buy it now was $7995, so I guesse he made a "typo" also. So did the guy on pirate that was asking $7500 for his that had no winch and only 49" tires. Keep an eye on ebay and steel soldiers and see what bobbed deuces are going for. In the mean time keep uneducated opinions to yourself. $700...:shaking:

James,"nc4x4dude" always has way clean old school rigs in his collection and for sale. I personally have seen his stuff and bought a rig off of him a while back. I felt his prices were inline with the high calibre, high quality, and super clean stuff he has.

I am sure if James is sellin it its worth the $$$$

on another note, i cant wait to show you the "cherk" i bought off of you. It should be around 100% done in a week or two. Let me know the next time you make it to Raleigh and Ill drive her to work.

Back