Carolina Truggies

I have been silent up to this point. But I will tell it from my prospective. And, for those of you who do not know yodakid(Josh) is my son

When the truck was taken to Alex, it was known when he needed it back. There were some issues that arose that kept that from happening.
During this time, Alex got sick, and was out of work. I don't remember for how long, I am thinking a couple of days.
Problems getting the right parts was one of the issues. I do not remember all of the details except for a few
One being that the 4runner Josh bought from Alex's friend/neighbor, did not have the right t-case. When he bought it, he was told it had the parts he needed to convert his truck from auto to manual. While this is partially true, it did, but not to go with the parts he had bought for his doubler set up, so he made an extra trip down to Charlotte to buy another case from Kyle to be able to complete the set up. More time, more money.
The plan was to move the front third to the rear(both were welded) but, when Alex took it apart, he found it also had broken teeth on the ring gear.
Alex said he had another third he would sell. He said it was a 6 cylinder third. He ordered the parts from Chase, only to find out that it was not what he thought, so more time getting the right parts. there were several series of events of not getting the right parts that extended the time frame of getting it finished.
Josh has made a lot of friends in the Toyota community since buying this truck. When telling them who done the work, and what he had done. ALL of them have told him he over payed, and that he basically was screwed. I thought it was on the high side myself, given the circumstances and how it all came down. I offered little advice to him since I am not too knowledgeable about Toyota's.
True Alex did not call and say, the truck was finished on any of his trips down there. What he did say was that all he had left was this this and this. Thinking that these items should not take very long from my past experience, I more than once. told Josh to go down and be ready to get the truck so he could make the ride we had planned. But things come up as mentioned, and the truck was not finished. So another trip wasted going down there.
While I have seen some really nice work come out of this shop, I was not impressed with how it all come down.
I was not impressed that with all he payed, that there was no better than a hacked out hole where the added shifters and rear disconnect come through the floor.
I was not impressed that on the first trip when all was said and done that it was discovered that the lug nuts were loose.
I was not impressed that an experienced builder allowed the truck out of his shop with it not working. With this I am talking about the shifter rail between the cases being shortened so that all gears were working.
All in all, the work I saw was no better than a back yard build. Not the quality workmanship I have seen come out of this shop.

I was the one who initially made the call to Alex about the sifters not working. He asked, what can I do to make this right. I said come fix it. he asked what tools, and facility I had, I told him, and he agreed to come fix it. Only a few moments later called back, and requested that Josh bring it back down instead.
Now if all of this makes him a ignorant fuck, and a douche bag, then so be it. I don't see it that way.

Can't say that Josh always makes good decisions, but when he offered to pay Blown JK's membership into Rock Corps, so that a photo shoot could be made and get "the Flats" in crawl magazine, Is this the actions of a douche? Sounded pretty much like a nice offer to me.
It's easy to say there are flaws in his character if you are not the one footing the bill, and if you are not the one who has to answer the questions about what was done, who done it, and what it cost. Only to be told time and time again that you were screwed. Screwed for paying what you paid, and for what you got.

Alex did call today and let Josh know he still had his Tcase and also to say that he hoped he could do something to re-gain his trust.

Don't understand the part pertaining to me...

"but when he offered to pay Blown JK's membership into Rock Corps, so that a photo shoot could be made and get "the Flats" in crawl magazine, Is this the actions of a douche? Sounded pretty much like a nice offer to me"

Yes it was a great offer that I was very excited about until he clearly, and flat out rudely stated today he wasn't going to own up to...

On this event with the yota, the only reason everyone got on here and defended Alex was because of the lack of information that was givin...all I've heard from other people was that "did you hear Alex charged Josh x amount of money for a doubler?!...what a shit head"...and with that being the only information told, he does look like an ass but that clearly wasn't the whole story and time line of events, so I'm glad all this is out here now for ppl to have a better idea of what happened and make their own judgment...all I and I think everyone else has done is come to the add of a friend trying to run a business....the only thing that got me hot was the shitty pm Josh sent me telling me basically because I'm a customer of Alex he won't own up to our agreement and essentially tough shit if you don't like it...I guess that's neither here nor there...so is your son a super cool guy just because he offered something....no...it's the follow through that matters IMO

On this event with the yota, the only reason everyone got on here and defended Alex was because of the lack of information that was givin...all I've heard from other people was that "did you hear Alex charged Josh x amount of money for a doubler?!...what a shit head"...and with that being the only information told, he does look like an ass but that clearly wasn't the whole story and time line of events, so I'm glad all this is out here now for ppl to have a better idea of what happened and make their own judgment...

Exactly.

http://www.nc4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98895

Back