Carolina Truggies

UNCC-CRAWLER

Had Alex do some welding for me, top notch stuff, he will be getting my business in the future.

alh6.ggpht.com__3ufPz3MwJi0_TK3d_C9wCAI_AAAAAAAAABk_sBeGCyqbU1o_s400_IMG00021_20101006_1818.jpg

alh5.ggpht.com__3ufPz3MwJi0_TK3d8Sxy9yI_AAAAAAAAABg_gOO71v2iujU_s400_IMG00020_20101006_1816.jpg

might of done you right, but i've gotta friend he robbed on some doubled toyota cases
You really should explain better. Did he come to your friends house and steal them?

might of done you right, but i've gotta friend he robbed on some doubled toyota cases

attachment.php

Yes...please tell. I find it hard to believe that a stand up guy like him would "rob" someone of some cases.

Did your friend not like the price? Not like the work? What....please elaborate.

Heyward, sacrifice this thread for this guy to explain this....we all want to hear. :flipoff2:

Yes he did.
really?:flipoff:
why don't you help every one out and:
1. go for a swim in a running wood chipper
2. learn how to start your own thread, that is if you make it back from your swim.

X2!!!

Alex is stand up guy who does awesome work. i have a hard time believings this :poop:

Alex has had my business and will continue to have my business!

brian

well, let me say this. i'm not a fabricator or a mechanic by trade. i built my CJ over the course of 6 years, with a great many capable people helping me along the way. i've had a NASCAR fabricator do my cage and fab a bumper and modify skid plates. the bill was about $2k more than i thought.!(about 8 years ago, now). you see the work that they do and then you really realize the amount of time involved. i now have a great respect for the guys with the skill and patience to do that stuff.-
the one thing i learned was to expect the unexpected.

With that being said, if you think it's going to cost you $$, by the time it's finished, it costed you $$$$$.- that is the way it is. you run into problems unseen all the time. ( i put a 302 into a jeep, then swapped a AOD out for a NV4500- i can tell you about unseen problems!).

i hate that you guys parted ways like that...as i said earlier, i liked Alex's work and will continue to give him my business.

brian

Ok im the one that thinks Alex at carolina truggies screwed over. I contacted Alex about switching my toyota from a automatic to a manual with dual cases and rear disconect and replace my front ring gear with one with a lock right. And the only reason i was paying someone else to do this instead of me doing it is that i got hurt on my second combat tour to Iraq and was not allowed to do heavy work since i was waiting on a back surgery form the army. Of course he had questions on the parts and this and that. I bought a donor truck from Alexs neighbor who had a 86 4runner in witch i was told the tcase in it was a top shift but was not. we had all the details worked out when i was going to drop off my toyota and i paid him for the parts for the tcase.
Parts included 4.7 for the rear case
dual cases adapter
twin stick & boot
Crossmember
Ok i droped off the yota on March 8th 2010 so that all the work would be done in time for the april fools run at Harlan KY on the 2nd-4th so that gave him 25day or 19 week days. so during this time he found out that my rear ring gear was missing 8 or 9 teeth so alex called chase at ECGS and go another one and i had already bought the one for the front and the locker also. Alex also went to a local parts store and got the new clutch and clutch slave cylinder and and clutch master cylinder. Alex got the rear drive shaft cut down and rewelded and for some reason couldnt do the front. Alex finaly got it all together after i had missed the April fools toyota crawl in harlan and said it was done so i went down picked it up and handed Alex another wad of hundreds and went on my 2 hour trip back home. Then me and my dad made the front drive shaft out of some farm equipment PTO shafts. Installed the drive shaft and figured i couldnt get it into 4 lowlow Alex didnt cut down the shaft in the cases to allow it to go into 4lowlow. So after a heated phone call to Alex i reloaded my truck and trailer and headed back down to carolina truggies for the 4th time hoping for my truck to be completed and for that trip it is a tank of fuel there and back witch for me is 25 gallons gas. got the truck down there alex and one of his helpers took down the skid plat droped the transfercases and seperated them to shorten a saft i think a grand total of a 1/4 an inch. got i all back together and was done it worked and the grand total i spent or paid alex was a little over $5000.00 so yea i think i got screwed. But i just didnt want to bad mouth him and yea i did tell my friends not to go there because of my dealing with him was so terrible and i didnt want to say anything on the board because i could have been a fluke and didnt want to hurt anyones business but theres my story and i hope alex treats yall better than me its just i didnt like his work and i didnt like his timing getting my rig out and done correctly

Thank you for coming forward and telling your story.

I thought the price was fair and yes it did take too long, yes there are issues is this business and problems do come up at times. I did think refunding you 250 dollars for your 25 gallons of gas was fair. But unfortunately you did not come to me after the fact to discuss the situation in its entirety and for me to help you out in the future for my short comings on your vehicle. Josh whether or not you want to deal with me again I'll still do whatever I can do to make it up to you.
Alex

Been jammin
Last Activity: Yesterday 08:42 PM
Must not have any facts to add. :popcorn:
Actually, I've been out of town working a few days. My daughter has messed my e-mail so I get none. Someone called me today and told me I upset some people on here.

I've seen and heard of alot of good work Alex does but this is a toyota, you could rebuild the whole truck and put some new tires on it for $5000.

I've seen and heard of alot of good work Alex does but this is a toyota, you could rebuild the whole truck and put some new tires on it for $5000.

Or buy another truck and get someone else to an automatic to manual swap and put in duals and rebuild a case with 4.7s and install the crossmember.

Just b/c it is toyota doesn't mean it is cheap, it is a $X$

Just to be clear, I no longer have a dog in this fight.

I was only looking for facts because "robbed" is a strong term.

I read that story a couple of times, and still can't see how he "robbed" you...

Did y'all not settle on a budget beforehand? sounds like some setbacks due to the condition of the rig you delivered him( busted rear axle) and then one big mistake on his part, that it sounds like he did his best to make right.....

Hardly worthy of badmouthing him, even if just to your friends.

Yes, we did agree on the labor before the vehicle was brought to me or before he bought parts from me.
During this "heated" phone call Josh asked...more less demanded, that I come to his house and drop 2 cases in a gravel driveway. I had no problem driving there and I would have done so to make it right but I couldn't rationalize taking a risk of getting hurt....it just didn't make sense especially having lifts and proper tools at the shop. I refunded him the amount of $250 which is what I charged to pull the rear third, set up the gears and reinstall everything for his 25 gallons of fuel...which I don't believe fuel was 10 dollars a gallon at that point. I do realize time is money though so I felt that it would cover some of his troubles for bringing it down as well.
As for the drives down to come pick it up....I let Josh know that I would call him when it was ready, but I never called telling it was ready. Josh just showed up and I had zero time to test anything out or even run the truck through any of the gears to see if there were any issues. Josh is aware of this and he apologized for it, and its no big deal. But as a rule of thumb I try to never let a vehicle go without testing out the work for this exact reason....that could have easily been found and fixed saving time and money if he could have waited on the phone call, even if it did delay things another day.
I'm not trying to create nor fuel a fire, I'm just filling in some facts that got left out.
Josh, I still have your case that you bought that was suppose to be a top shift and wasn't by the way. What would you like for me to do with it? I just found it when I moved shops.

Yes, we did agree on the labor before the vehicle was brought to me or before he bought parts from me.
During this "heated" phone call Josh asked...more less demanded, that I come to his house and drop 2 cases in a gravel driveway. I had no problem driving there and I would have done so to make it right but I couldn't rationalize taking a risk of getting hurt....it just didn't make sense especially having lifts and proper tools at the shop. I refunded him the amount of $250 which is what I charged to pull the rear third, set up the gears and reinstall everything for his 25 gallons of fuel...which I don't believe fuel was 10 dollars a gallon at that point. I do realize time is money though so I felt that it would cover some of his troubles for bringing it down as well.
As for the drives down to come pick it up....I let Josh know that I would call him when it was ready, but I never called telling it was ready. Josh just showed up and I had zero time to test anything out or even run the truck through any of the gears to see if there were any issues. Josh is aware of this and he apologized for it, and its no big deal. But as a rule of thumb I try to never let a vehicle go without testing out the work for this exact reason....that could have easily been found and fixed saving time and money if he could have waited on the phone call, even if it did delay things another day.
I'm not trying to create nor fuel a fire, I'm just filling in some facts that got left out.
Josh, I still have your case that you bought that was suppose to be a top shift and wasn't by the way. What would you like for me to do with it? I just found it when I moved shops.

this sounds reasonable and actually more than fair to this josh character. i dont think half of you guys understand how a business works. $5000 will not "build a rig". maybe if you monkey rape some shit together in your driveway, but not if you pay someone to do the work. LABOR COSTS MONEY welcome to the real world kids

this sounds reasonable and actually more than fair to this josh character. i dont think half of you guys understand how a business works. $5000 will not "build a rig". maybe if you monkey rape some shit together in your driveway, but not if you pay someone to do the work. LABOR COSTS MONEY welcome to the real world kids
x 2,000,023,445,895

glad the true story was able to come out about this situation, if that's too much money to get all this done I recommend doing it yourself with bubble gum and duct tape.

also Josh, are you going to come through with that 1 year thing at the Flats for gettin the Crawl shoot...would like to go wheeling :smokin:

Wow.... This yota kid sounds like a douche, and probably sucks at life ! That's gotta suck bud.....sorry Ouch. Oh well, can't please everyone i guess ??..... Alex def. has not done anyone wrong that i can remember since he started, and for that fact has gone above and beyond to take care of a lot of good people along the way..... Move on.

:poop:

Nor do i have any affiliation to Carolina Truggies either, i too am a loyal customer Blown Jk..... That is bad, sorry to hear about all that, This yota kid sounds about as cool as cancer and one ignorant fuck if that....

:poop:

Back