Camper remodel

@77GreenMachine we have a 4wd 5500 at work if you ever want/ need any pics of the front axle. I'd probly put a 450 super60 in it if converting

Thanks!

I have no plans of converting it honestly. It should do everything I need it to do. I’m just gonna clean it up and make it a bit nicer. Really want to put air ride seats in it.

Thanks!

I have no plans of converting it honestly. It should do everything I need it to do. I’m just gonna clean it up and make it a bit nicer. Really want to put air ride suspension in it.
FIFY

Test fit the family unit!
5749C218-BF0F-4ACB-BEC6-D22A655BEED7.jpeg

Im jealous of the shear number of black vehicles

The Mega Hauler might get a wrap in the future and be the same blue as the Jeep cage. Or green, or purple, or whatever I see that say when I pick the color. But I’ll think it’s blue and if it’s not I hope no one tells me different. My old jeep cage was blue…

The Mega Hauler might get a wrap in the future and be the same blue as the Jeep cage. Or green, or purple, or whatever I see that say when I pick the color. But I’ll think it’s blue and if it’s not I hope no one tells me different. My old jeep cage was blue…
This will disappoint me on a level close to finding out that a good friend prefers the company of other men...so please do not do that to me

I have no plans of converting it honestly. It should do everything I need it to do.
Potential Translations:
"Won't be slumming in the fields with you 'commoners' any longer, so no need for 4WD at the Peabody"

Or?
After the first time it's & trailer are buried to frame... in the dark/in the rain/threatening to freeze/nobody within miles/no way to use Jeep winch or unhook trailer and the $500 "big rig" tow bill hits...

"I said wasn't 'planning' to convert, never said I wouldn't... who's got an F-450 Super 60 FS?" :beer:

Well here goes! My wife is gone to the beach, my daughter has a ball tournament with multiple games tomorrow and Sunday. With hotels being what they were, it just made sense to take the camper. So I’m here in Hickory at Lake Hickory RV Resort testing out the camper.

So far, I couldn’t be happier. From what I’m used to this is so awesome to have all this room and amenities. I can’t believe I get to have all of this even when I go wheeling. First meal in the books. Nothing beats a simple hamburger helper with some garlic bread and a cold snack!
6768AE1B-D4AC-4FC8-935D-152CD9E67EFB.jpeg
74870A5B-6228-4EDC-A028-997D4C8F5BE8.jpeg
3ECCA54D-4546-405C-BEA3-D6222455E748.jpeg
0AE6D9A7-417D-4793-B9DB-58D001A56BF3.jpeg
FFC1488F-6B04-4B48-918C-59914F819ED7.jpeg

You'll get hooked. Glamping is fairly addictive when you start really doing a lot of great cooking and lawn chair wheeling. I look forward to camping for all the cooking we do.

Back home from the maiden voyage. Really considered staying another night, but I have several things to do and get ready to turn around and head right back out again with it. 4 day weekend at Kairos Resort in WV for my wife’s birthday, that’s her favorite place to camp. Really looking forward to that, and I finally found the perfect Sundowner for my home boy and then talked the owner down quite a bit so he snatched it up and it will be his first trip out in it. Also first trip with the Mega Hauler.

I did discover a leak, at the back of the toilet at the water connection. I noticed it about 10:30 last night and thought maybe I just needed to tighten it up with some pliers. But my daughter is most certainly my wife’s child cause she said “daddy maybe you just shouldn’t mess with it this late cause that never works out when you say it’s a simple fix”
I figured she was 100% right so I didn’t mess with it. I’ll fix it tomorrow, probably just cut the PEX and add a sharx bite push on fitting with a flexible line and shut off valve if a good tightening don’t fix it.

Also need to open the awning up and wash it real good as it smelled like a sweaty gooch when I opened it yesterday. That, among a few other things. The whole thing was a big learning experience and I had a blast.

I wasn’t looking forward to the tournament honestly but the whole weekend turned out to be an epic trip just me and my kiddos and we had so much fun. My daughter played her heart out and done so good.
FD989E8D-C57C-4AF7-AB99-15F9604E0A2C.jpeg
ED119B90-0622-46C2-84C0-40EFFDC3F233.jpeg
AD078627-1962-42F5-9B0C-D32158030DE5.jpeg
95043623-9309-4576-A9F0-08AE4E490C03.jpeg
06563AF8-E112-4E4B-AFEF-4A79DC9FCE41.jpeg

I didn’t waste any time. Thought I would relax this evening but I just went right after it. Got the awning scrubbed clean and replaced the light strips in the track since I discovered they didn’t work this weekend and I had some laying around. Awning is much cleaner and doesn’t smell anymore.
A22F4E17-A275-4F2F-84EE-78327F294518.jpeg
BC03F249-9DCA-46EA-B821-27D1A108182B.jpeg
C75020F5-B0EC-4250-A2F2-90AD55B005F2.jpeg

The toilet situation has escalated. I replaced the line but it’s still leaking cause its its actually the valve itself that’s leaking. I took the valve apart and greased up all the O rings but it still leaks. I believe the plastic has a crack in it that only leaks under pressure. So I found the valve and ordered it, it should arrive Wednesday.

491D8FF2-5090-4774-B44F-C3E887BA7E9F.jpeg

So I found the valve and ordered it, it should arrive Wednesday.
Pro tip: buy 2! Ours leaked initially due to poor winterization and then gave up the ghost due to china-pox(?)... having a replacement on-hand saved the weekend. While "it's great being a guy", nothing good can come from gals trekking to the bathhouse at zero-dark-thirty... nothing ;)

Pro tip: buy 2! Ours leaked initially due to poor winterization and then gave up the ghost due to china-pox(?)... having a replacement on-hand saved the weekend. While "it's great being a guy", nothing good can come from gals trekking to the bathhouse at zero-dark-thirty... nothing ;)
That’s a good idea. If it fits like it’s supposed to and works I’ll order another one!

Well I really hate to let this go, but it's going up for sale. Once I have it emptied out and pics taken I will make a for sale thread here and on Market place and RV Trader.

Everything works like it should on this thing, it is ready to go camping. It will be listed for $10K but I will be straight with the NC4x4 crew, Bottom dollar is $8500. If you are seriously interested give me a call or PM me if you don't have my number.

Well I really hate to let this go, but it's going up for sale. Once I have it emptied out and pics taken I will make a for sale thread here and on Market place and RV Trader.

Everything works like it should on this thing, it is ready to go camping. It will be listed for $10K but I will be straight with the NC4x4 crew, Bottom dollar is $8500. If you are seriously interested give me a call or PM me if you don't have my number.

Solid camper progression. Buy a shitbox, fix it. Sell it. Upgrade lol. A tale as old as time. Loved to see the remodel happen. I think I even remember standing there saying you’ll learn what you like/dislike in order to spec out your next one 🤣

Back