bobbed 2.5ton m35

There is a way to crank up the injection pump a little but when you do that you have to watch exhaust gas temps so you dont burn up the turbo (i'm assuming yours is turbo?) Also another way to make it feel fast is drive a non turbo for a little while. When you get back in yours it will feel like a race car! My brother had a 109 box like yours, but non turbo and it would drop to 35 going up hills even if you hit the hill at 55. But my dad's new one with turbo can accelerate up hills even.

Sweet! Mine is a turd, it won't accelerate up hills for nothin. I need some mods so I can keep up with James considering he'll be about 6k lighter and have one less axle. James it looks awesome dude, get those tires on there.

ok. fliped the rear bearings so the wheels can be the same width and such, here are some more pics and took it on it's first 4x4in day...just messing around to see if there was anything that needed to be addressed... still need to move the gas tank
ai572.photobucket.com_albums_ss170_LowRange4x4_photos_military_20truck_DSC04154.jpg

ai572.photobucket.com_albums_ss170_LowRange4x4_photos_military_20truck_DSC04155.jpg

ai572.photobucket.com_albums_ss170_LowRange4x4_photos_military_20truck_DSC04156.jpg

ai572.photobucket.com_albums_ss170_LowRange4x4_photos_military_20truck_DSC04157.jpg

ai572.photobucket.com_albums_ss170_LowRange4x4_photos_military_20truck_DSC04158.jpg

ai572.photobucket.com_albums_ss170_LowRange4x4_photos_military_20truck_DSC04159.jpg

3rd gear to get up this hill...lol... oh and full hydro will need to be put on for sure... mine and kellys arms are still hurting...lol
ai572.photobucket.com_albums_ss170_LowRange4x4_photos_military_20truck_DSC04161.jpg

ai572.photobucket.com_albums_ss170_LowRange4x4_photos_military_20truck_DSC04162.jpg

Where does the exhaust come out?

it will come out where the crome stack is... but that can't be run until the fuel tank is moved... the stack will be powder coated black BTW

That looks great man. You're making me want to get one bad! It's turning out sweet buddy.

James how can you get more power out of them??? Bigger exhaust? maybe a intercooler? Messing with the injection? Any ideas anyone???

you can turn the fuel up on these things using the IP, just keep an eye on the egt.....anything over 1200 is BAD!

Is yours a straight diesel or multifuel? I've read somewhere about messing with the densiometer on multifuels.

no, leave that alone. Thats what determines what kind of fuel you're running and tunes it accordingly. if you mess with it your motor won't know if its got gas, deisel, or motor oil flowing through the fuel lines.

If you or anyone else has any more questions related to deuce's just let me know

back on topic, deuce is looking great

We finally got the Michelins put on, and it is amazing how much bigger this thing is now. For reference, the grey TJ in the first pic has 5.5" of lift and is on 35s.
ai572.photobucket.com_albums_ss170_LowRange4x4_photos_military_20truck_DurangotoDeuce029.jpg

ai572.photobucket.com_albums_ss170_LowRange4x4_photos_military_20truck_DurangotoDeuce032.jpg

ai572.photobucket.com_albums_ss170_LowRange4x4_photos_military_20truck_DurangotoDeuce031.jpg

So when is it going to URE? I'd like to see that! the guy I wheel with from here has 2.5 that he tows with when we go!

this is literally my favorite truck on this site... good job man I can't believe how freakin awesome this is! :driver:

So when is it going to URE? I'd like to see that! the guy I wheel with from here has 2.5 that he tows with when we go!
Eventually this thing will definitely see some time on the trails at Uwharrie. Unfortunately, there is still a lot of work that needs to be done to it first. Customers rigs obviously come first, so progress on this is slow to say the least.

Also, we are tossing around the idea of ditching the OD Green paint scheme and changing it to a desert tan and black. We thought it might be neat since this will mostly see duty on the beach.

man, those tires make a world of difference. the thing is lookin great though!

this is literally my favorite truck on this site... good job man I can't believe how freakin awesome this is! :driver:

+1 :beer:

I REALLY want one of these. Does anyone have a link to more info on them? What kind of gas mileage do they get? Could they be daily driven around town?

+1 :beer:
I REALLY want one of these. Does anyone have a link to more info on them? What kind of gas mileage do they get? Could they be daily driven around town?

Yes they can be DD. A friend here in town drives his all the time around town. He has not bobed it though. From what he says he gets about 12 mpg. He also runs it off 50% used oil 50% diesel mix. Being that he is a mechanic he can get the oil free!

you gotta get some of these. i also have all of the air assist steering stuff.
lmtv2.jpg

Back