ai263.photobucket.com_albums_ii145_ami_kallie_SAS_204Runner_P1020314.jpg

ai263.photobucket.com_albums_ii145_ami_kallie_SAS_204Runner_IMG_4066.jpg

ai263.photobucket.com_albums_ii145_ami_kallie_SAS_204Runner_P1020325.jpg

ai263.photobucket.com_albums_ii145_ami_kallie_SAS_204Runner_P1020242.jpg

ai263.photobucket.com_albums_ii145_ami_kallie_SAS_204Runner_P1020285.jpg

ai263.photobucket.com_albums_ii145_ami_kallie_SAS_204Runner_P1020379.jpg

ai263.photobucket.com_albums_ii145_ami_kallie_SAS_204Runner_P1020381.jpg

ai263.photobucket.com_albums_ii145_ami_kallie_SAS_204Runner_P1020385.jpg

lol, i suppose the words "tread lightly" dont have much meaning to ya.

good looking 4runner though. you dont see many of that body style on the trail.

lol, i suppose the words "tread lightly" dont have much meaning to ya.

Just blazing some overgrown trails on my mom's land. Toyotas make good tractors.....:driver:

Its been a long time scince I posted on this thread, I still drive it every day and I also have changed alot.

like:

-38.5 XMLs
-16x8 Rock Crawlers w/ 2.5 bs
-Cut front clip off and mounted rad. grill and headlights to cage
-Cut front frame back
-Moved Bumper back into front end and mouted it to engine cage for clearence
-Satin Black Paint
-Welded Rear
-Chopped Top

Stuff To Do:

-I have Ram Assist but need Hi Steer before I make the axle and tierod mounts
-round and balanced drive shafts
-gears
-chromolly axles
-find a radiator that doesn't hang down so much(maybe manual trans rad. w/o cooler....dunno?)

ai263.photobucket.com_albums_ii145_ami_kallie_022710114343.jpg

I recently chopped the top on the 4Runner. The wiper, defrost, 3rd brake light and window goes up and down almost all the way. I have a lot of body work to do................
Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics.....

ai263.photobucket.com_albums_ii145_ami_kallie_032410170834.jpg

ai263.photobucket.com_albums_ii145_ami_kallie_032510193835.jpg

ai263.photobucket.com_albums_ii145_ami_kallie_032910151353.jpg

ai263.photobucket.com_albums_ii145_ami_kallie_040210133049.jpg

ai263.photobucket.com_albums_ii145_ami_kallie_040810193731.jpg

Hey man where did you get the xml's at? Been looking for a local place. Im starting a sas on a 98 4runner in a few weeks and im thinking about running those tires on it and it will be a dd. How do you like those tires for everyday use?

Hey man where did you get the xml's at? Been looking for a local place. Im starting a sas on a 98 4runner in a few weeks and im thinking about running those tires on it and it will be a dd. How do you like those tires for everyday use?

I got them off a member on NC4x4. I was only able to find another set in California. I think michelin discontinued this size but they are out there. They run smooth and seem balanced with 14oz of airsoft bbs. I have a vibration issue with my driveshafts because they are bell shaped PTO shafts and dont like going over 65. They are very heavy tires. Mounted and balanced they weigh 145lbs (16x10 2.5bs steel) It all depends on what axles you are going to run if you will have problems. I have a high pinion dana 44 and a Ford 9". I am undergeared so I really dont break too many d44 parts, but I have upgraded to chromolly as I break axle parts. I also run Qa1 heim joints and they seem to wear out every 6 months or so, but I dont have a steering stabilizer either. I really think they might be wearing out cause my suspension is limited by my steering. I have no problem turing these tires with a 94 IFS box, stock pump and a cooler. Wheel bearings and hubs seem to be wear items with these tires.

The tires are regroovable so when they run out of tread just cut new ones. I think the side walls are groovable but I cant find a pic on the smaller XMLs. There are kinda subpar on wet rock and soft mud. They are awesome on dry surfaces and my welded rear end barks tires on dry grass. I like them but they do require you to service your axles more frequently and the fact that they can be regrooved multiple times means my radial tire can last longer than any other 38.5s
awww.militarytires.com_specsxml.jpg

http://www.militarytires.com/

Thanks for the info. My plan is hp44 front with chevy outers, stock rear, leafs f &r, lock and geared, and hopefully dual cases (but seeing the price of duals maybe not). What did you do with the abs? I saw the mod on pirate4x4 and figured on doing it. I know my build will be a little different but is there anything you suggest to watch out for, things to do or not to do? Sorry for all the questions just thought id ask someone that's done it. Its not my first sas but my first on a newer vehicle. Btw sweet build I really like it.

Thanks for the info. My plan is hp44 front with chevy outers, stock rear, leafs f &r, lock and geared, and hopefully dual cases (but seeing the price of duals maybe not). What did you do with the abs? I saw the mod on pirate4x4 and figured on doing it. I know my build will be a little different but is there anything you suggest to watch out for, things to do or not to do? Sorry for all the questions just thought id ask someone that's done it. Its not my first sas but my first on a newer vehicle. Btw sweet build I really like it.

I have all new brake line no ABS crap..... but you can keep it if you want If you remove it just yank it out, cut some fitttings off throw it in the trash and get new line....put your yota ends where yota parts are and standard ends where the dana parts are. T/here is a big difference in the width of the hp44 and the toy 8".

I would watch out for alot.....like not using an axle w/o speed sensor (8" has 2) cause you have to re wire the ABS comp to fit a tcase sensor or it wont pass inspection (MIL). i would also recommend hi steer. Strait shot to the steering box(I have 3 ujoints and a heim to get it around the coilovers) and use chevy tierods not heims if you plan on driving on the road daily.

you got to mitchell?
Yep....ConED

how dose that leaf spring deal work going down the road dose it still drive good not having a solid mount to the frame

Buggy Springs? It drove good on the road. Flexed like crazy cause all rear springs were long flat chevy springs. I was woried about traction and axle wrap and they were crazy loud when they slapped the frame. It got real annoying on the trail so I cut the eye off the buggy spring and welded it strait to the frame cause I didnt want to fab a hanger. I can still back over RTI ramps w/o the buggy springs and w/o lifting the other 3 tires.

i was looking for a way to get a little more drop out of my rear sprngs but i dd my rig so thats why i ask how it did on the road but as much crap as i got banging around on mine what one more thing

Yota looks cool. I have seen it around town. hard not to notice it!

Buggy Springs? It drove good on the road. Flexed like crazy cause all rear springs were long flat chevy springs. I was woried about traction and axle wrap and they were crazy loud when they slapped the frame. It got real annoying on the trail so I cut the eye off the buggy spring and welded it strait to the frame cause I didnt want to fab a hanger. I can still back over RTI ramps w/o the buggy springs and w/o lifting the other 3 tires.

Pics of backing over RTI please! Nice rig!!!:beer:

Old flex pics
ai263.photobucket.com_albums_ii145_ami_kallie_IMG_1001.jpg

ai263.photobucket.com_albums_ii145_ami_kallie_IMG_1000.jpg

Back