Beware of Jimmy Cleans Carwash!

I will say that the Sam Xpress car wash down the road from my house has now been VERY careful about what they put through the wash. I have a aux. tank and they refused me several times recently even when i had been through the wash probably 100 times before that. Said they had a truck with a hose and handle come through and destroy the side of the guys truck. Finally had to sign a waver to go through again. Still have yet to have an issue and if i do, its clearly on me (which i am fine with).

I have used Sam's in Salisbury for a long time. I have never had a problem with them. Some time back, I told the manager (at Sams) what Jimmy Cleans had done to me and he said he had heard similar stories about them. I pretty sure Sam's Xpress is a different on, but a good friend of mine works for Sam's Xpress and does the installations for the new sites. Based on his recommendations, and now yours, I wouldn't be hesitant about using them. They are just farther away from me.

I recently used a drive thru wash, that I haven't much in the past. Sitting in line waiting, I noticed a sign up Warning of Not responsible for accessories like steps, running boards, vent shades, & the like. They had a long list, I hadn't seen before. Recently, the wash I had been using went from a basic $6 wash, to $11. I told them No thanks! Guess what, All of them have nearly Doubled the Basic price! But business is as usual at all of them. Damnit!

Sams Xpress still has a $6 wash and you get 5cents off per gallon if you buy it at the pump.

Sams Xpress still has a $6 wash and you get 5cents off per gallon if you buy it at the pump.
If I'm not mistaken, those type are the Touchless washes. They do very little for a dirty vehicle. There is a $5 automatic brush wash in Lowell, & you get what you pay for. It does as well as the one in Stanley, outside of a weaker drying blower. Even Stanley has raised the price.

Moral of this story is if you never wash your truck, you wont ever damage it in a car wash.

1615811649878.png

I recently used a drive thru wash, that I haven't much in the past. Sitting in line waiting, I noticed a sign up Warning of Not responsible for accessories like steps, running boards, vent shades, & the like. They had a long list, I hadn't seen before. Recently, the wash I had been using went from a basic $6 wash, to $11. I told them No thanks! Guess what, All of them have nearly Doubled the Basic price! But business is as usual at all of them. Damnit!
This business is pretty simple. Chem costs are increasing 3 fold. Then figure int he cost of water and the amoritize cost of brush wear ..if you are getting a brush wash for $6....just know that they are cutting corners somewhere.

If I'm not mistaken, those type are the Touchless washes. They do very little for a dirty vehicle. There is a $5 automatic brush wash in Lowell, & you get what you pay for. It does as well as the one in Stanley, outside of a weaker drying blower. Even Stanley has raised the price.
You are mistaken ;) They are the rotating brush type. The thing I like about Sams is that they have attendants who prewash everything that goes in, so you don't have the guy driving the filthy truck through the brush wash. The touchless washes don't scrub enough, and the brushed washes are bad for scratching if they get any grit or large particles in them. Sams (and probably others) seem to have found a good middle ground.

This business is pretty simple. Chem costs are increasing 3 fold. Then figure int he cost of water and the amoritize cost of brush wear ..if you are getting a brush wash for $6....just know that they are cutting corners somewhere.

2021 price increases hit a lot of places starting April 1. 1.5%-5% depending on chemical and manufacturer.

By the time you pay for chemicals, labor, water, insurance, monthly service contracts, parts, put money back for reloading the tunnel eventually, marketing and other miscellaneous expenses, a $6 wash ain’t payin the bills.

Last edited:
By the time you pay for chemicals, labor, water, insurance, monthly service contracts, parts, put money back for reloading the tunnel eventually, marketing and other miscellaneous expenses, a $6 wash ain’t payin the bills.
I figure by the time I finish washing the truck, with the soap and chemicals used, and several thousand gallons of water my kids waste, I'm probably saving money at the $6 wash :laughing:

Back