[Apr 20, 2012] Down & Dirty for Life - A Cancer Benefit & Open Ride at The Flats (Marion, NC)

And more.....

Attachments

• 100_0710.JPG
    100_0710.JPG
    216.9 KB · Views: 407
  • 100_0711.JPG
    100_0711.JPG
    196.6 KB · Views: 354
  • 100_0712.JPG
    100_0712.JPG
    213.8 KB · Views: 424
  • 100_0713.JPG
    100_0713.JPG
    167.2 KB · Views: 452
  • 100_0714.JPG
    100_0714.JPG
    227.5 KB · Views: 377
  • 100_0715.JPG
    100_0715.JPG
    186 KB · Views: 386
  • 100_0716.JPG
    100_0716.JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 347
  • 100_0717.JPG
    100_0717.JPG
    157.3 KB · Views: 406
  • 100_0718.JPG
    100_0718.JPG
    167.5 KB · Views: 350
  • 100_0719.JPG
    100_0719.JPG
    177.1 KB · Views: 348
And Another...sorry....

Attachments

• 100_0723.JPG
    100_0723.JPG
    153.1 KB · Views: 337
  • 100_0725.JPG
    100_0725.JPG
    171.2 KB · Views: 318
  • 100_0726.JPG
    100_0726.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 352
  • 100_0733.JPG
    100_0733.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 324
  • 100_0736.JPG
    100_0736.JPG
    210.9 KB · Views: 336
  • 100_0737.JPG
    100_0737.JPG
    198.7 KB · Views: 332
  • 100_0738.JPG
    100_0738.JPG
    190.3 KB · Views: 329
  • 100_0739.JPG
    100_0739.JPG
    210.1 KB · Views: 363
  • 100_0740.JPG
    100_0740.JPG
    170 KB · Views: 327
i NEED A KICK IN THE ASS for electing to stay in the shop instead of attending this one. I thought it was going to rain all day and used that to justify my decision. Glad all was safe and fun. Hope great proceeds were raised. I have cancer warriors in my family.

The rain really just skipped right over us, we had all prepared for it but we really had mother nature on our side.

Im disappointed I didn't have any cash for a T-shirt, I totally want one!

Super fun time @ the flats this weekend! Sunday was even better with all the rain that came in sat night!..thanks to all the hard work of the people for putting on such a great event!

Had a great time nice to catch up with old friends and meet new ones and to put names on here with faces. It was a great event and can't wait for the next one

Had a ball at the flatts this weekend guys and hope the community helped raise some money for a great cause. Wheelin and weather was perfect. Thanks again Rock Corps for giving us a great place to do what we enjoy!! didnt get many pics but a buddy sent me this of my truck on the wall. what a rush!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/D3gTkTp1w7s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Had a freaking blast at this ride!
The Rock Corps members that put this on have my ultimate respect.
Hill climb race was a rush for me!
And a special shout out to John, nice event dude!
Later, Paul...

The rain really just skipped right over us, we had all prepared for it but we really had mother nature on our side.

Im disappointed I didn't have any cash for a T-shirt, I totally want one!

Send me or disneynut a message with the size you want and we will work out getting one to you. You can PayPal us or I can have JT meet you and you can give the money to him.

Thanks to all who came out to the event this past weekend. I knew this was going to be a great weekend and with the great people in the 4x4 community the cancer team would raise money with no issue. I had a blast from working the gate and talking with some folks who had never been to The Flats to wheeling with some of the members.

To comment on the trucks that were asked to leave, We (The Club) offer trails and places for all sorts of offroad vehicles. We do not exclude anyone. But when you come to the property and start defacing it, by slinging mud on port-a-jons and spectators then that is when we step in. Alcohol was involved in the 2 Nissan trucks and they were asked to stop spinning mud on the port-a-jons by a member. They continued their behavior so we stepped in and asked them to leave. We do not take pride in asking people to leave we want everyoen to be safe and have a great time at our location. With not many local places left to 4-wheel we want to keep our property open. We (Rock Corps' board members) are planning a meeting in the next week or so to discuss the ride and see what is to be done with the mud holes in the upper flats, and other trail maintaince opportunities. Thanks again for those who came out and had a great time and gave to a great cause. See you on the trails

had a great trip, one of the best, thank you Rock Corps. I hope we done some good on the fight for a cure. my wife's grandmother is a 2 time survivor it takes a tuff person to make it, but without help from events like this, the meds, doctors, and help would not be up to par to help save lives. Somone post some pics!!!

here you go Brad, free add. lol

Attachments

• barnes.jpg
    barnes.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 311
I had an awesome time, and never even went into the woods , not even once LOL I signed people in, I helped sell some tickets, I loaned out my welder for someone, actually two folks that needed a repair, one was pretty extensive, the other just a couple tack welds, I rode Conrad The Crawdad around, I did get to watch the hill challenge, which BTW Jason Floyd, one of Rock Corps 4X4 board members won it, by a small margin, I mean it was close, as in .1 ! With his length of the buggy, the moan of a Big Block and 44's, he made it look too easy. The close second , another Rock Corps 4X4 member, was Tim O'dell in his mean buggy.
I got to see a lot of friends that I only get to see at suck events. I regret I was limited to my time there, but was glad that I was able to take the time off of my regular scheduled work weekend.
The folks who did the food did an awesome job, great burger( didn't have a hot dog)

I was also happy to make some e new friends, that's always a plus!

A funny thing though, as some of you know I am recently single, so to all of those beautiful ladies who unfortunately were already taken, I posed a question to many of them. I asked if they had a sister! LOL And to my amazement, most of them said the same thing, "yeah, but you wouldn't want her" or " yeah, but she has some issues" Thought it was pretty cool that they thought enough of me that they wouldn't try and hook me up with the wrong one. So I guess a thanks goes out to those ladies! LMAO

I initial plan was to not bring my Jeep, but to bring my four wheeler ATV. But the battery was dead. My son had my cables, not enough cord to reach it, so I brought the Jeep instead. But the funny part was, while at home Sunday, I remembered something. Now keep in mind I am very green when it comes to these things, and just traded for it a few months ago. What I remembered wasm,... it has a pull start! duhhhhhh

A big thanks to all the rock Corps 4X4 guys and gals, Great turn out for the event, and many of the members, and even some non members, had a hand in getting stuff ready, cleaned up, set up, for the events. Nice to be a part of suck a group!

We did have one Vendor there, Kim Coley was set up making shirts and stickers. Folks, she does awesome work, and willing to get you anything you want within these spectrum's.

In the future, if you own a business and want to set up to pimp your stuff, let us know, I am sure we can work something out! I look at it like this, we all, Rock Corps 4X4 and everyone who attends needs, wants something, and if we can help out this community, we want to.

Amazing effort from John and wife getting this all set up, especially the raffle. There was some awesome prizes! I really wanted to win one of those shovels! LOL
It was awesome to see so many families out there! I love it when I see the kids and they have smiles on their faces.

Now the turn out, WOW, it far exceeded what we expected. Not that we didn't think we would be supported, but the weather for casts all week said rain, that for cast didn't change through out the whole day, but it was dry Friday, and was warm, mostly sunny for the most part, all day Saturday. A couple of times we thought we might get some, but to our amazement, a drop or three fell and nothing more! We could not have asked for a better day for an event like this! For those of you who didn't come because of the rain earlier in the week or because of what the for cast called for, all I can say it you defiantly missed out!

I also got a very special report from a very good friend.
Some of you may remember a benefit we had at The Farm a few years back, when we were raising money for a fellow wheeler Actually his wife. Don Custer took me to his car, to show me a picture of Mellisa and Kevin(KC4X4 on this board). If you remember how frail Mellisa was at this event, you would be elated to see how happy and healthy she is today! And Kevin too! Wanted to share that, just so you know, when you support these events and benefits, you are making a difference in someones life! Proof was in that picture!
I honestly would have NOT recognized her! Thanks for all you all do!

Now for a little clarification.
We do not have a mud pit, it is just a mud hole. We have kept it around, mostly so the lesser built rigs would have a little extra something to play in. The water from the rain we had, filled the hole, and really softened the area around it. The outcome was a decent sized Slip n Slide. Folks were having fun in it, and we had no issue with that at all. The only issue was that a few decided to cover the port a johns. Enough said about that, it over, done and is now just history. Oh we also had a few who wanted to do the cyclone donut thing in the middle of the upper field, that was addressed and is also history.
We sure do not want these few issues to throw a Shadow on what was accomplished at this event.

another funny thing happened FOR me. When coming back from the Hill climb challenge, I saw my good friend Chris Ellis of Buckeye performance, truck backed up to the port a john. He had backed it just close enough to the unit his lovely wife was in so that she could only open it an inch or two. I got out to see what I could do. Back up a couple years ago, when he posted a pic of me, when I fell asleep in a chair in his garage. I vowed to someday get even! LOL I do wish I had not forgotten my camera. Fortunately he left his keys in his truck. So , I pulled it forward releasing his wife from her confinement, and backed it up against the door of the one he was "busy" in. And left. She has a big heart, and released him shortly. I do wish she would have kept him in there for a while longer!

One last note.
For all of you who had a hand in jinxing me on the raffle, I do not like any of you any more! LOL JK. I did not buy tickets with great expectations of winning, I bought to support the cause. But I would liked to have won one of those shovels ! LOL

Good stuff chip. It's funny that out of all that stuff the shovel is what I wanted too. Would have been handy setting up camp Friday.

I didn't even realize Kim was there until halfway through saturday or we would have tried to get her in a more visible spot. She even made a donation in the middle of the raffle and I got all tongue tied and didn't thank her properly. It always makes me feel good to see young people that are driven to make their own lives better and not just expecting the parents to take care of it. Her entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well. Michelle contacted her already about an item or two for her brother. Kudos to Kim. Just wish we had put you in a better spot. Maybe next time setup the stuff that needs power in the same place but put up a tent with the sample items and corn hole boards up front and just refer people to the trailer for custom work.

This was an amazing event and I am overwhelmed by the response from everyone. A big thank you to everyone involved in any way.

Had a ball at the flatts this weekend guys and hope the community helped raise some money for a great cause. Wheelin and weather was perfect. Thanks again Rock Corps for giving us a great place to do what we enjoy!! didnt get many pics but a buddy sent me this of my truck on the wall. what a rush!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/D3gTkTp1w7s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice meeting you and thanks for coming out!

I had a GREAT time as usual! We wheeled hard from about 8:30am till noon on Saturday when I sheared off my right front lockout/hub bolts on 3-way. Not the first time that has happened, and I was beating on my rig harder than ever so wasn't surprised something broke. Three way has gotten pretty difficult about 75-100 feet in with a rocky ledge area forming. I just played around in 3 wheel drive until about 2pm before calling it a day. I found some nice trails in the woods up above Laurel Lane to play on with my 3 wheel peel.

Also really liked the new trail/hill climb to the left of Laurel Lane even if I did have to take the go-around after the step, LOL. I think my 82" wheelbase was hurting me on that obstacle, lol. I just couldn't make it work.

I ended up needing a push just to get through the front door of Laurel Lane, LOL. My spring hangers and belly kept getting hung on the concrete blocks. I almost flopped it trying to climb the bank to get through. I was able to make the exit with a good 3rd gear run from the bottom.

Ol'Stumpy looked like the top had been fixed/filled in. There was a large step/ledge in January that I couldn't even get my front end up on, but that all appeared to have been filled in. I was able to do the exit in 4th gear on the mat, lol. 3rd gear just wasn't enough wheel speed.

The Flats just continues to improve every time I go. What an awesome place to wheel.

aimg.tapatalk.com_aefe71b1_82ab_ce89.jpg

aimg.tapatalk.com_aefe71b1_82d1_01d3.jpg

aimg.tapatalk.com_aefe71b1_82ee_e61c.jpg

aimg.tapatalk.com_aefe71b1_8318_39a5.jpg

aimg.tapatalk.com_aefe71b1_8335_291b.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

aimg.tapatalk.com_aefe71b1_8377_cee9.jpg

aimg.tapatalk.com_aefe71b1_83a5_146c.jpg

aimg.tapatalk.com_aefe71b1_83cd_403d.jpg

aimg.tapatalk.com_aefe71b1_83f4_7d0a.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

and I was beating on my rig harder than ever so wasn't surprised something broke.

Hate I missed that one. I have never seen you doing anything but beat on that thing.

Thanks to everyone who posted up pics. Always a good time at the Flats!

Back