Appetizer recipes

Paul

Dr 'Dre
I'll go first. My favorite Buffalo chicken dip.
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup blue cheese dressing
1/2 cup Texas Pete
5 oz crumbled blue cheese (i prefer gorgonzola)
4 oz shredded mozzarella
2-9 oz cans of chicken. Or leftover rotisserie chicken
Toss into a crock pot for 4 hours on low and enjoy!
Serve with store bought pita chips or toasted pita points.
;)

My favorite.
Take a 102 quart cooler.
Add 40lbs of ice.
Add 50 12oz natural lights.

Allow to simmer for 2-4 hours then enjoy.

Stuffed mushrooms

Two packs fresh mushrooms
1# loose spicy sausage
2 stick cream cheese
Tsp tony c’s

Pull the stems from the mushroom
Cook the sausage
Mix cooked sausage,cream cheese, Tony’s
Fill mushrooms
Cook in the oven on 400 till brown
Eat while taking shots of patron and drinking miller lite with the new girl that just moved in

One of my favorites my wife makes...I call it ‘messican jumbalaya’. It’s a mix of smoked sausage, diced up grilled chicken and rice...with salsa/queso mixed in and poured over the top. I scoop it with cool ranch Doritos.

Anybody have a killer guacamole recipe?

Mash 3 avocados, mix in the juice of 1 lime.
Add 1/2 finely diced onion & 1 finely diced roma tomato. Add finely diced jalapeno, if you like it like that. Add salt, garlic powder, fresh chopped cilantro, and cumin to taste. Add more lime juice to taste (but you could probably definitely add a little more).

@yager's wife makes the best, though.

I need to get Lin's crack chicken recipe...it's quite a hit at tailgates and parteies

Add 1/2 finely diced onion & 1 finely diced roma tomato. Add finely diced jalapeno, if you like it like that. Add salt, garlic powder, fresh chopped cilantro, and cumin to taste. Add more lime juice to taste (but you could probably definitely add a little more).

Thanks @trailhugger it will be put to good use.

This.

I usually opt to omit cumin and garlic powder but either way is awesome. Adding fresh chopped jalapeños is good if you like it hot. I don't get it that way anymore very often since having kids. :(

Guac is very easy to customize to your taste. Tonight, I made it with just salt, cumin, garlic powder, and pineapple juice... It's what I had and went with the al pastor style pork really well.

I Isually opt to omit cumin and garlic powder but either way is awesome.

Cumin makes SO many things better, though!

Bacon wrapped, Stuffed Jalapeno's:

10 or so jalapenos
2 containers of cream cheese
garlic/chili/onion/cumin powder
Bacon

Mix the cream cheese up with garlic/chili/onion/cumin powder.
Slice the jalapeno's lengthwise, scoop out the seeds(add seeds to cream cheese for more heat)
Stuff the jalapeno's and wrap in bacon
Grill for about 10 mins

What about Jalapeno poppers? I don't have a recipe, I just googled it whenever I wanna make them. Basically a grill jalapeno with cheese in the middle, all wrapped in bacon.

10 or so jalapenos
Bacon

Slice the jalapeno's lengthwise, scoop out the seeds(add seeds to cream cheese for more heat)
Grill for about 10 mins

What about Jalapeno poppers? I don't have a recipe, I just googled it whenever I wanna make them. Basically a grill jalapeno with cheese in the middle, all wrapped in bacon.
I see you see what I see.

10 or so jalapenos
Bacon

Grill for about 10 mins

Add chopped sun dried tomatoes to the mix and put them on the smoker instead of the grill.

Sausage Balls

1# sausage
1# shredded cheese
2c flour
2 eggs
1/4t, each, garlic powder, cayenne, paprika
1/2t salt

Mix all ingredients well. Form into balls & bake @ 375 for 20 minutes. Serve warm or cold with mustard.

I usually substitute serrano for jalapeño, because I love the serrano flavor, and use fresh garlic (we always have garlic in the kitchen) and some dried Mexican oregano. Cumin is definitely a requirement, as is cilantro. Roasting some garlic is a really, really nice upgrade too.
I often omit the tomato, because I don't want to use a partial tomato for a small qty of avocado, and can always put a partial onion in the fridge and use it later. The tomato is a great filler to bulk out the guac though.

Sometimes I add a pinch of chile powder too, but only if I'm making it for myself because the chile powder sightly changes the color so it's not that fresh, bright green anymore.

Last edited:

Slice your jalapeños in half (lengthwise) and then use a small spoon to scrape out the flesh and seeds. Smear a 1/8” layer of cream cheese in each half.
Next, lay a piece of bacon, or ham, or chicken or even chopped bbq in there.
Sprinkle some shredded cheese on top of the meat, and top with some panko or bread crumbs. Bake in the oven @350 for 15-20 mins . Damn, now I’m hungry again!

@RenegadeT love that onion dip!

Back