Anyone know who's jeep this is?

The screenshots you are posting are from Darin Touw's page. He is a member here and a stand up guy. Why not just ask him instead of asking others and posting screenshots of his page?
@krzyabncanuck

Because as I have posted above, I have no idea what all is going on.

I posted screen shots from public areas to m point out that there is more drama going on with FOU and Canucks Cruisers thank just with this black jeep.

Also as I described above, FOU were slandering a board member on face space without reason.

Spewing hate and publicly posting that someone is drinking while riding without any evidence is just wrong.

That's right in line with supermarket tabloid drama, and I feel is unhealthy to our argument to keep lands open.

Actions like that send the wrong message when tons of people look to groups like FOU to be leaders on social media to fight to keep lands open.

I'm just pointing out that there seems so be other things going with FOU that are pertinent with this thread and others.

We (the Offroad community) must hold FOU just as accountable for its actions as we are trying to hold the guy the black jeep driving off trail accountable for his actions.

I just think it's crap sensationalism to publicly post a fabricated false narrative of events, without fist asking or researching to find out what actually happened.

Again, I'm not involved, im just observing the info that the public easily sees about what goes on at Uwharrie.

That is fine to hold FOU accountable if you feel you need too, but the screen shots from Darin's personal page are something you should ask him about instead of just adding to the
supermarket tabloid drama
as you put it. It seems like you are just adding to the problem you describe rather than being part of a solution.

That is fine to hold FOU accountable if you feel you need too, but the screen shots from Darin's personal page are something you should ask him about instead of just adding to the
as you put it. It seems like you are just adding to the problem you describe rather than being part of a solution.

Agreed, AH I didn't know Canucks cruisers was his personal page. I thought it was another spinoff page of FOU.

That's entirely my mistake. I'll be glad to remove those, but my point still remains:

If he at the time was solely the person behind the postings of FOU, then he should be held personally accountable for the things posted by (him/them).

Canucks intentions are good. He has been fighting for us for some time, pushing for changed and progression for our trail system. There are problems within the USFS, combined with the stress of idiots on the trails that has pushed him to the edge. I sympathize with him, I don't believe he is the bad guy here. Knowing him personally, he means well in all he does and slandering someone without cause is not typical of him. His rant seems to be about someone in the USFS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOW!

I dont disagree, but what is the punishment for this? Who goes after them, if you have proof?

On top of that, could you charge them with distruction of property or trespassing?

Pcitures, Proof, submit to USFS or whomever "runs" the trail system. They can, and will write tickets for dumb shit like that. Its been done before.

A bunch of the old guard NCTTORA crowd was at Tellico a long time ago and had some slapdick do almost exactly what is pictured in this thread. Trying to climb the walls at the top of Slickrock because he didn't want to wait for 4 rigs to move. Pretty sure Bud from Budbuilt was at the top replacing a snapped CV at the time (insert surprised face here /sarcasm). Pictures were taken, we were told to F off by the driver, driver got citations a few weeks later. Its the only and last time I ever want to see a then Marine Corps SSG get truly mad. Jamie was about to let that ol boy have it. :lol:

Canucks intentions are good. He has been fighting for us for some time, pushing for changed and progression for our trail system. There are problems within the USFS, combined with the stress of idiots on the trails that has pushed him to the edge. I sympathize with him, I don't believe he is the bad guy here. Knowing him personally, he means well in all he does and slandering someone without cause is not typical of him. His rant seems to be about someone in the USFS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes and no. Yes he is calling out a USFS employee and someone is going and tattle telling to that USFS employee what he is saying. At least that is my understanding.

the forest service has trained you guys to do their job for them, even though the same forest service has proven they will shut down trails without just cause or due process.
jeepinmatt, you just admitted that you don't know nor value the volunteer system at URE. One of the rangers told me some time ago that the forest gets a stipend from the Department of the Interior for every volunteer hour donated on workdays. This stipend allows them to hire outside contractors for upgrades, repairs, and other services that need more professional heavy duty attention.
I try to attend workdays when I can, although I've not been able to this year as much as I have in the past. I've gladly used WOODGO to haul fence rails, hay bales, wooden beams, bridge timbers, and then used the tools that were included to help provide service when and where I could.
Give it a try--we'll appreciate your effort.

jeepinmatt, you just admitted that you don't know nor value the volunteer system at URE. One of the rangers told me some time ago that the forest gets a stipend from the Department of the Interior for every volunteer hour donated on workdays. This stipend allows them to hire outside contractors for upgrades, repairs, and other services that need more professional heavy duty attention.
I try to attend workdays when I can, although I've not been able to this year as much as I have in the past. I've gladly used WOODGO to haul fence rails, hay bales, wooden beams, bridge timbers, and then used the tools that were included to help provide service when and where I could.

Yep and on top of that the work weekend they had before URE opened this year raised them thousands of dollars and saved Daniel.

Yep and on top of that the work weekend they had before URE opened this year raised them thousands of dollars and saved Daniel.

That "Super Workday" was awesome. I was only able to stay the one day but I really hope we do another one like that again in 2017. The amount of people that showed up was really amazing.

@woodgo, you misunderstand what I said (and falsely accused me of ignorance and unappreciativeness, but whatever, its the internet). I'm well aware of the volunteer system, understand how it works and how its funded, and appreciate those who volunteer their time and other resources. I've chosen to prioritize my time differently, especially after the closures of Tellico and Rocky Mount Loop. I've watched people come and go from this hobby and these workdays for 15 years or more. Also, I've watched the number of public places to go wheeling in NC shrink away, in spite of the good intentions of 4wheelers working with the FS. The only reason Uwharrie is still open is because of the volunteers working so hard and bending over backwards to please the FS.
Case in point:
Saved Daniel from what? The FS closing it? Am I the only one who sees it this way? We are busting our butts for a larger entity that does not want our presence, all while paying their salaries.

Case in point:

Saved Daniel from what? The FS closing it? Am I the only one who sees it this way? We are busting our butts for a larger entity that does not want our presence, all while paying their salaries.

I see what you are saying, but to me, this all simply seems like the cost we pay for our continued use. It's not hard to see why the FS wouldn't want to deal with OHV bullshit - compared to hiking, biking, canoeing, horses, etc, we are the loudest, contribute the most trail erosion, and have a large contingent of assholes who whether ignorantly or blatantly don't give a shit about rules, trail upkeep, etc, pretty much pissing on work they do to maintain things.

So we gotta work harder for our fun, big deal. As long as we can keep pushing that boulder up the hill, with the understanding and acceptance that it will never end, we all still get to play on their playground.

IMO.

@woodgo, you misunderstand what I said (and falsely accused me of ignorance and unappreciativeness, but whatever, its the internet). I'm well aware of the volunteer system, understand how it works and how its funded, and appreciate those who volunteer their time and other resources. I've chosen to prioritize my time differently, especially after the closures of Tellico and Rocky Mount Loop. I've watched people come and go from this hobby and these workdays for 15 years or more. Also, I've watched the number of public places to go wheeling in NC shrink away, in spite of the good intentions of 4wheelers working with the FS. The only reason Uwharrie is still open is because of the volunteers working so hard and bending over backwards to please the FS.
Case in point:

Bud you are fighting a losing battle.
Many are so brainwashed at this point that they kiss the feet and beg for the whip.

I literally could and have written a dissertation on this subject. Unfortunately we have people on the ground in volunteer posts arguing with and against folks in the USFS and none of the players have the ability to affect the situation. I am shocked at how many folks who draw a paycheck from the USFS, NFS, or USPS that do not know the meaning of the mix used doctrine, folks who couldnt tell you who Gifford Pinchot or John Muir are.

In other words lots of folks are fighting but dont even know WHAT they are fighting.

Now conversely, let a private park open and thrive. Where are the volunteers? Where are the free labor hours? Where is the fund rasiing? God help if the private park owner makes a dollar, he is clearly the spawn of satan himself from profiting.

Some may remember how animated I was during the Tellico fight. I was pissed because it was bad science. It was intentionally manipulated data construed to conclude a predisposed point. I remember going to a hearing and I had prepared a thorough but short point I wanted to present. The first person to speak that day was the stereotype of what we dont want our hobby to be. As he rambled on and raised his voice about how mch damage loggers were doing to the National Forest and how we "first needed to ban loggers then OHV use" at that moment I realized I was inadequately equipped to fight both sides.

There is a case to be made for OHV use in the National Forest. There is. It is valid in certain circumstances. But we must understand on what terms, that being mixed use recreation, that case has legal precedence. So long as we fight and argue on "challenge areas" trail off shoots and spiders" and "guardrails"...we are merely rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic and no one is bailing water.

How many have read and understand EM7700-30?

Start there. That is the instruction given to your local rangers.

Last edited:
I completely agree with @jeepinmatt and @Ron, fou put on Facebook that all primitive camping at Uwharrie would be put to an end before long. I just don't understand it seems as though we are loosing ground. That's half of what I enjoy pulling off in the middle of nowhere camping. There must be a lot more going on then the general public knows about.

I completely agree with @jeepinmatt and @Ron, fou put on Facebook that all primitive camping at Uwharrie would be put to an end before long. I just don't understand it seems as though we are loosing ground. That's half of what I enjoy pulling off in the middle of nowhere camping. There must be a lot more going on then the general public knows about.

WOW! That would absolutely suck if they eliminated camping on the trails. That is the only way that I like to camp. I don't get on Failbook, so this is the first I have heard about that.

WOW! That would absolutely suck if they eliminated camping on the trails. That is the only way that I like to camp. I don't get on Failbook, so this is the first I have heard about that.
Supposedly there will be a few designated camping sites.

Talking about shutting down trails at night camping and limiting vehicles on trails
IMG_1478.PNG

I've noticed that over the years they have put up fencing at some of my favorite trail side camping spots effectively trying to close them down.

When they block off the camping areas, its usually because of something to with something the archeologist has seen there or believes might be there. This is what I have been told in the past anyway at workdays.

I've noticed that over the years they have put up fencing at some of my favorite trail side camping spots effectively trying to close them down.

When they block off the camping areas, its usually because of something to with something the archeologist has seen there or believes might be there. This is what I have been told in the past anyway at workdays.

Yes from what I understand the tops of the mountains up there is all basically potential archaeological sites. We have put up a lot of rail the past couple years for two reasons. One to keep idiots on the trails and two to keep idiots out of the archaeological sites. I need to find a way to get up there more.

Who are the chosen few who should be allowed to go to the special sites?
Just curious?

UNF is NOT a national monument.
it is NOT a National Wilderness.
It is a National Forest.

Who are the chosen few who should be allowed to go to the special sites?
Just curious?

UNF is NOT a national monument.
it is NOT a National Wilderness.
It is a National Forest.

From what I also understand it's not owned, might be wrong term, by the federal government but by Native Americans and the feds run it? This could be completely wrong but that is how I understand it.

From what I also understand it's not owned, might be wrong term, by the federal government but by Native Americans and the feds run it? This could be completely wrong but that is how I understand it.

That is what I have understood as well. Owned by Native Americans (not sure what tribe) and managed by the USFS.

Without re-directing the thread.
Let's revisit my first question, "Who are the chosen few who should be allowed to go to the special sites?"

Without re-directing the thread.
Let's revisit my first question, "Who are the chosen few who should be allowed to go to the special sites?"

I think you are reading into the "designated sites" differently than what it really means. We currently have designated camping sites or grounds in the forest such as the Hunt Camp, Art Lilley, and of course the other campgrounds that I am drawing a blank on their names. What I understand the message from facebook to mean is that there will no longer be dispersed camping on the trails but rather only in the designated camping areas/grounds.

Back