Anyone know who's jeep this is?

No book of faces at work, can you take a screen shot or post the picture here?

No book of faces at work, can you take a screen shot or post the picture here?

14729167_1105246646190868_4516886489661975059_n.jpg

<flamesuit>Where's the "not this shit again" meme? Anyway, the real bullshit is the lack of trail mileage at Uwharrie and how ingrained the fear of trail closure is. A guy goes off trail because of a disabled vehicle and we crucify him on a 4x4 forum because he disturbed some rocks and dirt? He's surrounded by 51,000 acres of rocks and trees and dirt, but he left the 50 acres the USFS allows us to drive on? Let that give you some perspective. </flamesuit>

I
<flamesuit>Where's the "not this shit again" meme? Anyway, the real bullshit is the lack of trail mileage at Uwharrie and how ingrained the fear of trail closure is. A guy goes off trail because of a disabled vehicle and we crucify him on a 4x4 forum because he disturbed some rocks and dirt? He's surrounded by 51,000 acres of rocks and trees and dirt, but he left the 50 acres the USFS allows us to drive on? Let that give you some perspective. </flamesuit>
If I never wheeled or went to UNF maybe I could see your point....but I ride my bike there weekly and take my kids there in my jeep from time to time...you remember wheeling out from behind the keyboard?

and this guy did a fair amount more than get out of someones way, when someone called him on it I was told he basically said F-off I'll wheel where I want to.

I'm glad there is wheeling space at Uwharrie, even if I don't use it often. I've been there twice this year, just not in my jeep. My point is that there are 51,000 acres, they allow us to use about 50 acres (20 miles long by avg 20ft wide =48.4acres) and the forest service has trained you guys to do their job for them, even though the same forest service has proven they will shut down trails without just cause or due process.

There is a difference in going off trail because you have to and doing it because you think you have the best jeep ever and you own the whole dam place, and your an asshole!!!!

I'm glad there is wheeling space at Uwharrie, even if I don't use it often. I've been there twice this year, just not in my jeep. My point is that there are 51,000 acres, they allow us to use about 50 acres (20 miles long by avg 20ft wide =48.4acres) and the forest service has trained you guys to do their job for them, even though the same forest service has proven they will shut down trails without just cause or due process.
And you're doing what to remedy this situation?

Whats the original source for the video and pictures? Trying drilling that source... obviously they were there.

I understand the point you are making and I almost would agree with it if he had only went off trail a few feet to avoid a disabled vehicle. However the video shows and witnesses have reported the guy going way off the designated trail and basically creating his own play area. Those of us who have participated in volunteer workdays out there understand that staying on the trail is important so that we have a minimal impact on the land itself (TREAD Lightly) and also because there are several archeological sites off the trails and driving over them will damage the artifacts. I do think that we the volunteers and responsible wheelers are taken advantage of by the forestry service though, so on that point I agree with you. I also think that the chance of them closing the trail system completely to OHV use is very slim due to the fact that it brings much needed tourism to an otherwise desolate area. I am not saying they wont close trails, but I do not think URE will ever go the way of Telico only because of the local economy devastation it would cause. Just my two cents, take it for its worth.

I also think that the chance of them closing the trail system completely to OHV use is very slim due to the fact that it brings much needed tourism to an otherwise desolate area. I am not saying they wont close trails, but I do not think URE will ever go the way of Telico only because of the local economy devastation it would cause. Just my two cents, take it for its worth.

This sounds like someone who didnt visit Tellico. The towns there needed the tourism as bad or worse than the URE area.

Whats the original source for the video and pictures? Trying drilling that source... obviously they were there.

They original video I saw was taken by a bystander that said something to him and was told to Ffffff off and he would do what he wants.

Took video and pics for evidence as there was no tag on the jeep on the trails.

Another guy said he saw that jeep at the outpost later on loading up behind a black dodge 1500, and at that point the guy had a tag on the jeep, but didn't know, couldn't possibly have had the foresight to get tag numbers.

The 2nd person had no idea something had occurred with that jeep until after it was spread on facespace.

To me the conscious removal of the license plate shows intent to do something that he knew was wrong, and chose to do it anyway.

Anyone pleading the ignorance defense wouldn't remove the license plate before "accidentally" doing something wrong.

This stuff pisses me off, but assuming we find the guy and positively video ID him.
Then What?

Will legal action take place?
Are we going to form a lynch mob and execute vigilante justice?

I mean Im all for hanging a dumbass to prove a point ..but what is our hoped for end goal here.

This stuff pisses me off, but assuming we find the guy and positively video ID him.
Then What?

Will legal action take place?
Are we going to form a lynch mob and execute vigilante justice?

I mean Im all for hanging a dumbass to prove a point ..but what is our hoped for end goal here.

It's my understanding once the person is identified the LEO at URE steps in.

It's my understanding once the person is identified the LEO at URE steps in.

I'd so love for this to be true...but history suggests nothing more will happen.

Rangers have arrest and ticket power inside the national forest.
They could triple their operating budget by setting up a simple checkpoint 3x a year yet they refuse.

yeah i too have a feeling nothing will come of it. legally, in the moment something needs to happen. if not then the property owner would have to sue and provide the evidence they did it. in such a case perhaps a court order for a ban from the property could be achieved.

yeah i too have a feeling nothing will come of it. legally, in the moment something needs to happen. if not then the property owner would have to sue and provide the evidence they did it. in such a case perhaps a court order for a ban from the property could be achieved.

Property owner?

The USFS?

Which that would be the Fed Gov?

Which would in turn be the American people?

Besides the point.

Back to the Issue.

The way I see it, on video, he has violated several statutes, but I'm not lawyer or LEO.

261.12 - C

261.15 - G & H

eCFR — Code of Federal Regulations

6f3fecfaf7c435d261bc99ecad02a778.jpg

8cee6fe954fd08da431aba9e142439e6.jpg

Back