anybody got one of the new 08 super duties

Saw this on a different forum. Not a 450 but it looks beter than a stock one in the front in my opinion.
ai77.photobucket.com_albums_j65_dbunker_Overkill081.jpg

ai77.photobucket.com_albums_j65_dbunker_Overkill088.jpg

believe me if they try to screw my dad on a trade then he will keep it and do a private sell on it. he has never bought anything from a dealership without getting a shit ton off the price. just like the big ass gmc truck that we own with the CAT engine in it. sticker from the dealer was $117,000. left the dealer with it for about $85,000

what does everyone else in this thread use for a tow rig?

I tow with a 95 chevy 6.5, sometimes the wife has to get out and push

i like that

well if anyone went to uwharrie this weekend i had the 07 PSD up there sitting at the outpost with the trailer behind it. there were two other trucks that looked pretty similar to it. burgundy with the arizona baige two tone fx4 lariat. towed my tj down there but ended up towing my buddy's zj back cus his tranny caught on fire going upto kodak. luckily the only carnage my jeep saw was the shaft seal on the steering box coming out and a little damage to my driver side fender where the rocker knocker doesnt reach, so it was still able to be driven home

what does everyone else in this thread use for a tow rig?

A 1998 Dodge with 275,000 miles.

Edit: Even if I had the cash, let someone ELEE take the hit for the first year or 2.

Am I envious? Yeah, maybe. But hey, hopefully there's some yo-yo who will want an '08 Tundra and will sell me their '07 next year for 15k less than he paid for it.. :)

Don't let em' hate on you cause the old man has some cabbage. Green is the color most of them are, now if you're just a spoiled snot nose kid like I was, I have no sympathy.

haha believe me, i get to use the truck but in no way is my dad gonna buy me a tow rig. even with the price of gas going up he wont even by me a really cheap daily driver. i know what everyone is thinking. why dont you get a job? well the answer is i am in college and having a hard enough time getting mediocre grades. as soon as school is done in 2 weeks i will be getting a job for the summer to work around summer classes. but here in lies the problem; spend that money on the tj, the cherokee beater build, a decent but cheap daily driver, a cheap tow rig, or save it and put it in the bank and just use daddy's tow rig?

[/QUOTE]what does everyone else in this thread use for a tow rig?[/QUOTE]

i'm using a 2000 model f250 superduty. with 300,000 miles...still pulls strong.

but here in lies the problem; spend that money on the tj, the cherokee beater build, a decent but cheap daily driver, a cheap tow rig, or save it and put it in the bank and just use daddy's tow rig?

Since you asked.. my $.02

Draw a line in the sand on the TJ. Is it your wheeling rig, or a nice daily driver with some mods? If it's the DD, leave it as-is, don't go any further.
If it's your wheeler, get a DD. Spend the rest putting real shit on the TJ, starting with a good cage, seats, and harnesses. progress to axles and steering upgrades, etc.., etc..

Since you have a nice reliable tow rig at your disposal, use it. You can get a truck & trailer when you're out in the real world and move out on your own.

Since you asked.. my $.02
Draw a line in the sand on the TJ. Is it your wheeling rig, or a nice daily driver with some mods? If it's the DD, leave it as-is, don't go any further.
If it's your wheeler, get a DD. Spend the rest putting real shit on the TJ, starting with a good cage, seats, and harnesses. progress to axles and steering upgrades, etc.., etc..
Since you have a nice reliable tow rig at your disposal, use it. You can get a truck & trailer when you're out in the real world and move out on your own.
I agree with Rich.
Get rid of the beater build.
Put a real cage in the TJ, it's already at the point where you can do pretty much everything you'll want to do, until you don't mind rolling it and not having to drive it on Monday. Aka, graduated and working.
Mooch of the dad's towrig, and you are in college.
Mooch rides from people, hell toss em beer^H^H^H^H gas money.

yeah the tj is at the point where it can be either a dd or an off road rig. gets about 14 mpg and is good off road but then again it has it down time for repairs and things wearing down on it faster. the cherokee beater build is something that i dont care how beat up it gets because i am not relying on it to get me places. what i really want the most right now is something that is more practical on the road and gets better gas mileage so i guess i will aim for that this summer. still will be working on both the beater build and the tj. i really want to be able to wheel the cherokee by the end of the season at uwharrie.

why so violent. lets not turn this into that whole stewie and brian thing, sense i am assuming that is the reason you sent me the link to the vid

Back