anybody got one of the new 08 super duties

highrollintj

just wanted to get some feed back on how the new 08's are running. down at our flw tournament there were a few guys who bought the new 08's, three of them were the new F 450's with the king ranch package. they didnt really have much feed back because they had just purchased them before coming to the tournament.

we have an 07 FX4 PSD but there are some issues with the cruise control and we have already taken it back once and they didnt fix it and my dad said that if he has to keep taking it back then he is gonna trade it in on one of the F450 king ranches.

pretty much just want to hear what some other have to say about the new trucks, good or bad

like 2 nice 04 ish cummins!

its not about me buying one. its my dad who likes them. the only dodge he likes is the mega cab and the only reason we didnt get one of those at the time is cus the ford dealership gave him a better deal on his trade in and on the truck overall. got like $11K off the super duty before the trade in on a $50K super duty. i told him that the cummins would get better gas mileage but he was about the better deal at the time. chevy wouldnt deal worth a shat on their duratrash and i am glad cus i dont like chevys. and he is not going to spend $62,000 on the F450 king ranch, which is the price on one that i priced out. i would imagine that he would not buy it unless they came at least $12,000 off the sticker and then offered him at least $38,000 on his trade in.

and as of right now the F450 has the largest towing capacity and thats what he is looking for.

well the F650 starts out around $80K and thats without a bed, which isnt that expensive. but a fully loaded one with bed is over $90K and if you get a CXT they are about $115K. dont really like the top kicks that much but they are ok. my dad wants it to be small enough where he can still park in a parking spot. believe me i have been trying to talk him into a F650 but he wont go for it.

so no one on here has bought an 08 super duty yet?

If he gets one, be sure to get the flamethrower option.. :lol:

yeah i saw the video of that. haha i actaully thought it was kinda cool, but there actually was a good reason behind it. they are supposed to be working on fixing that. but i think in all the cases where it happened it was in very cold weather and the owner did not let the engine block warm up properly before driving it and that caused the injectors to leak.

still better than a duratrash :flipoff2:

I don't have one, but I did drive a 2008 F-350 this past weekend, just for kicks. The jury is certainly still out, and will be for a few years as the 6.4L proves it's worth. Check out thedieselstop.com for some good 6.4L feedback, if you haven't already.
I'll be driving my 2004 F-350 for a LONG time, but I do like the '08's - especially a King Ranch F-450! :driver:

- Mac

yeah i saw the video of that. haha i actaully thought it was kinda cool, but there actually was a good reason behind it. they are supposed to be working on fixing that. but i think in all the cases where it happened it was in very cold weather and the owner did not let the engine block warm up properly before driving it and that caused the injectors to leak.
still better than a duratrash :flipoff2:

the flamethrower is caused by the exhaust post burner.
It has nothing to do with a fuel leak.
It is ram unburned fuel being introduced to a spark at 800F uhhh surprise COMBUSTION

the flamethrower is caused by the exhaust post burner.
It has nothing to do with a fuel leak.
It is ram unburned fuel being introduced to a spark at 800F uhhh surprise COMBUSTION
I doubt it's supposed to put a FLAME out of the tailpipe, though.
IMO, the front end reminds me of the Family Truckster.
79truckster.jpg

2008.ford.f-350%20super%20duty.20110204-396x249.jpg

I doubt it's supposed to put a FLAME out of the tailpipe, though.
IMO, the front end reminds me of the Family Truckster.
79truckster.jpg

2008.ford.f-350%20super%20duty.20110204-396x249.jpg

agreed not supposed to shoot flames, but it is.
Furd?

The front is hideous......the base model is the worst w/ the argent trim, but the chrome front of the upper models is a little better.

It does remind me of the Family Truckster!!:lol:

well i am using the 07 PSD to tow my jeep to UNF this weekend but when i get back he is taking it to the dealership to get the cruise control worked on and i am not sure if there was anything else he was gonna get worked on but if he is not satisfied then i know he is for sure going to trade it in on something, whether it be just a new 08 F250, but hopefully the F450 king ranch, cus like i said before, he seems to really like those.

i mean besides the cruise controls i havent had any problems with the truck when i have used it. i think it tows better than our 01 7.3, but i highly doubt that the 6.0 will ever last as long. i do also like the newer transmission compared to the one that was in the 01

thanks for the link mac, i havent been there yet

Sorry, I just can't see paying $60k for something that still says FORD on it. Maybe if it said Lotus, or Maserati or something like that, but not Ford.

sorry man, but unless the truck has a use we arent hearing here. I see NO use for a 450.

Certainly not for a Bass boat. A 1/2 is more than capable of pulling the nicest of even 22' bass boats.

So maybe a 3/4 or 1 ton but a 450?

And to think the beating you/he are going to on a 1 year old vehicle...WOW

We just did a 08 F-350, 4" lift, with a set of 22.5 big truck tires., and wheels. I drove it before dissassembly, and I didnt really notice much difference in power.

well my dad has his own business and has a couple of big trailers and carries lots of loads of logs. we tow a 32' cc wellcraft to our flw tournaments, i tow my jeep with it, tow front loaders and bob cats, debri trailers, goose neck trailers, etc. we have all kinds of crap that need to be towed. i mean besides the psd we also own three internationals and a chevy and gmc with cat engines and most of those were around $90K and up but they are also too big to tow boats and jeeps around with.

My Dad can beat up your Dad.

My dad can beat my mom. Oh snap!

And to think the beating you/he are going to on a 1 year old vehicle...WOW

My thoughts EXACTLY!

Just how important is Cruise Control anyway. It's under Warranty, It can be fixed for free. He's gonna loose Big $$$ trading cause some flunky at the Dealership can't fix the Cruise. The Dealers gonna make out like Bandits on this and your Dad's gonna get screwed out of more money.

Back