Antioch Speedway & Off Road Motorsports is about to be a 4x4 playground!!!

Antioch Speedway

Big news y'all!!!! Antioch Speedway & Off Road Motorsports Park has been sold. The new owners plan to open it back as America's full time Monster Truck arena, 4 x 4 playground, speedway campground and so much more!!! The new owners will be getting the keys on or before August 7th. They are a multi truck Monster Jam team that has been touring through the US, Mexico and Canada for the past 14 years. They plan to run the winter east coast tour again this year with Monster Jam as well as hosting their own off road events at their newest venture at the former Antioch Speedway & Off Road Motor Sports Park in Morganton, NC. Yes, the place will be getting a very new name and makeover. I really don't have many more details to offer just yet, but within the week or two the website www.antiochspeedway.net will redirect you to their new site with all the details. The owners should be ready to start meeting North Carolina residents the second weekend of August at the property. This is going to be extremely exciting!!!!!

Antioch Speedway has new owners!!!! Your new owners arrived in town last Thursday, signed all closing documents and received their keys to the property.

I did not make any posts last week about them as they need a little privacy as moving into their new home is the first project on their list. They will be taking over this page as well as their own pages and make a public post as soon as they are somewhat settled in and ready to meet the fine people from this area.

I hope I get these facts right....

These people have been in the motor sports business for at least 14 years. They have been traveling the US, Canada, and Mexico as a multi truck Monster Jam team. Paul has driven his own trucks as well as others. He has driven Martial Law, Master of Disaster and most recently Zombie Fire just last year in some of the biggest arenas in the world. Kaila is best known for her truck Heartbreaker and I believe was the first female ever to accomplish a back flip in a Monster Jam series event. She is fearless!!!!!

They have been setting up meetings with some local people to potentially start some new business partnerships at the property. They met with some people this past weekend who have years of experience running an off road park operation, and I gave them about 6 names of people most of whom had shown some interest in buying the property over the past few months. I recommended these 6 people as people who might potentially be able and interested to partner with them on the stock car part of the operation.

The deal on the purchase included the option to purchase all 5 properties. Please give them another day or so to get settled in and they will let you know as soon as they are ready to meet the public. I know they are working hard to get their first event dates set and website up, so they have exciting news to be able to tell people.

This will probably be my final message on this page. I have enjoyed over 21 years spending my weekends with each and everyone of you. Over the weekend I was able to think back about all the exciting events that we were able to put on. We spent the first 10 years growing and sustaining the business. By year 10 we were averaging 81 race cars each week. It was very common for our Pure Stock 4 division to have 28 to 29 cars each week, our stock V8 class was averaging 18 to 22 cars each week. Our Super Stock V8 drivers, Super Stock 4 drivers and Late Model Sportsman drivers were becoming big stars in this area, and we were one of the first tracks to introduce a Young Guns division for future stars. We had the place brightly pained each year, new flags and a bright red convertible pace car greeted race fans as they entered through the ticket gates. We had installed stadium seating in our grandstands, started stainless steel in our bathrooms, and added new lighting around the property. We had a very entertaining program that included the fastest stock car racing in the state, We had our outlaw mascot, and an entertainment program each night to entertain the kids with interactive programs like simply throwing water balloons at a staff member on an ATV running in front of the grandstands and other interactive programs that brought race fans and race car drivers closer together. We were the only short track to be able to replay the action, wrecks passes and interviews on our mega tron screen. And we spent quite a bit of our budget on advertising on Cable TV stations like ESPN, CMT and others as well as radio, newspapers, posters, billboards and so many online avenues. We had a computerizes rewards program to track our customers and reach out to them, and were one of the first short tracks to offer debit card and credit card transactions at our ticket gates.

We had started hosting very popular weekend events that included all types of off road motor sports as well as weekend camping and concerts featuring up and coming artists booked out of Nashville, LA and Detroit.

That kind of all came to a screeching halt when my wife was diagnosed with cancer and went through an entire year of Chemo and radiation treatments. My father and I were also getting older and could not keep up with the place any longer.. I still had several event ideas rolling around in my head, but could just not find the fire inside me anymore to keep going. I don't know how many times I told Jason and Jeff how much I wanted to get that fire back, but was just completely burned out and could not get it back. Susan and my Dad were my rocks at the speedway, and we just did not have anyone in the younger generations of our family that showed the interest or willingness to keep the operation going at that pace. I know in my heart and brain it is time for me to start the next chapter in or lives.

It has been the thrill of a lifetime to spend those past 21 plus years with you all. I absolutely love entertaining people, and I hope to see each and everyone of you at an outdoor event real soon.

Danny Smith

Can you clarify your plans for the off road part of the park?
We have people here that trail ride, we have people here that have rock crawling buggies, and we have a few that have an off road rig that like to race. So can you tell us about what you
plan to do with that portion of the park please.
Also, there is a local club that lost their place to wheel through no fault of their own. I think they would be interested in helping anyway they can. They have done a lot over the years to help a lot of people in need. So, they would LOVE a place where they could possibly have a benefit ride once or twice a year.
Just saying, you all don't have to do all this alone, there are some folks out here willing to help bring the off road part along.

Sorry upnover, I just saw this reply. Actually Jammie and Jason from the Flats have been in contact with the new owners for months now. I think it is a match made in Heaven. I am the old owner of the property, and I helped put them in touch with each other. Jason has already been out there helping get the place ready for their October event and November event.

I do not know all the details for the plans, but I would say Jammie and Jason might have an amazing place to continue doing the great things they were doing in Marion.

www.horspowerpark.com

Sorry upnover, I just saw this reply. Actually Jammie and Jason from the Flats have been in contact with the new owners for months now. I think it is a match made in Heaven. I am the old owner of the property, and I helped put them in touch with each other. Jason has already been out there helping get the place ready for their October event and November event.

I do not know all the details for the plans, but I would say Jammie and Jason might have an amazing place to continue doing the great things they were doing in Marion.

www.horspowerpark.com
WOOHOO, I had a feeling Jason would get involved and get something going again. I sure miss the Flats, what an amazing park it was. I can't wait to see what they all come up with next!!!!!

www.horspowerpark.com

Heck yeah! So the Oct, and Nov event you mentioned, are those going to be wheeling events?

Danny aka "Antioch Speedway" on here contacted me 2 or 3 days after I got word that The Flats had to shut down about possibly working w/ the new owners of Antioch which is Horsepower Park now.
Me & a few friends have been working with Paul & Kaila to help lay out the park and so far we have dug a new mudsling race pit, built jumps for there monster trucks and general clean up and maintenance. There is a plan set to start a trail system for the wheeling crowd but we are in the first stages. This property will be an in between of The Flats & Gulches.
There is a event planned for October 25-26th that will consist of Monster truck racing/freestyle and SXS racing and an event on the weekend after Thanksgiving that will be a mudsling competition and a open ride for what trails are open at that time. Keep in mind that we are starting fresh here so the trails will be limited but should give you a taste of what's to come!
And just to put to bed any rumors or ideas that anyone might be remotely thinking that this had anything to do w/ The Flats closing it did not. I did not know until 2 or 3 days after that Antioch was being bought. Then it was a week or so after that I had my first conversation w/ Kaila so no one is being "played"... whatever that means?? Stay tuned!

Time to get tire groover out :D:driver:

The link is not working above. What size property is it?

This is Danny Smith, the former owner of Antioch Speedway. I'm not sure about any rumors myself, but what Jason is saying is very true. When I found out that the property at The Flats was not going to be able to be used for at least a little while, I put the new owners of the speedway and off road park aka HorsePower Park in touch with Jammie and Jason. I thought it might just be a very good match for everyone who loves an off road type of park.

Last edited:
Back