And so it begins....again....

Something like that. I was really close to just running stock h1 rims and keeping the dualy outters but in the end it just works out better to machine them down. Just have to find the time to do it...:rolleyes:

What's up, Travis? 17" Allied Modulars. Should be here within the next week or 2 hopefully...

- Mac

That'll look good, get that thing together and let me know when yall head back to Harlan, if you don't mind me tagging along. Gotta get back up there soon.

Sam...where is the cool thumbs up pic...im hurt top the core. But you are still A-1 in my heart, and the king of the impossible sit-up

Hahahaha ohhh i almost forgot about the thumbs up pic. Here you got Deano...just for you...

(And im the king of the Jackie Chan Stand up remember!)

Attachments

• 100_1750.JPG
    100_1750.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 594
where is this thing located in charlotte? i might need to swing by sometime and check it out :D

We live off of HWY160/steele creek rd. about 10 mins from carowinds. Shoot me a PM if you want to come check it out.

tw89yj said:
That'll look good, get that thing together and let me know when yall head back to Harlan, if you don't mind me tagging along. Gotta get back up there soon.

Travis -

We'd love to have you come along! That place is sick, for sure.

- Mac

Was able to roll the junk outside today and wash it off a little. I hadnt had a chance to wash it from tellico since i rolled it right in a didnt know it would end up being this huge ordeal until the front axle was already out .:D I know you fullwidth lovers will love this pic. This is with the dualy hubs not being turned down so it is INSANE wide. I kinda like it but im thinking its just way crazy too wide. ;) Hopefully we can turn the hubs down on saterday and get this front 60 done once and for all. Still need a 14 bolt for the rear but im not worried about it just yet.

Attachments

• 100_1762.JPG
    100_1762.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 558
  • 100_1763.JPG
    100_1763.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 561
Forget the turning down......leave it like that:D

Nice Rig!
mac

:lol: That's funny lookin'

Thanks to Kregg for the "rollers"...:D We're still waiting on the beadlocks to show up so we can mount the IROKs...

- Mac

if you want diffrent than just go fullwidth in the front with a narrow axle in the back. people will ask you why and you get to tell them cause you can. but seriously, the wider the better, less likely to roll in my opinion

CAS22 said:
if you want diffrent than just go fullwidth in the front with a narrow axle in the back. people will ask you why and you get to tell them cause you can. but seriously, the wider the better, less likely to roll in my opinion
Unless you can't fit between those two trees, or between that tree and the edge...

Sam, you need some wheel spacers in the back I think:D

Sam. I fopund you a semi float 60 rear with factory 35 spline. 5 on 5.5.

tires..

man those front tires look awesome, i am going to have to try and firgure out a way to come get those some time soon, looks good, i am a full width axle lover myself and that front end is stupid wide you would barely fit on the trailer let alone the trail. looks good and i will have to try and get up with you boys soon.

ROCK OUT....
Kregg

Haha I figured you would like those Kregg! I even washed those 2 tires and wheels when i washed the rig! You can leave them here as long as you want man...i mean they will be awesome tires for me to smoke down on the street when the rig is done. :lol:

I still dont think its wide enough so I am going to order some 3" spacers for each side. :D ok ok thats a joke. Wasnt able to turn down the hubs today because the tooling didnt come in for the lathe :mad: . Did get the rear axle out though and some stuff cleaned up. Going to get the tranny tommaro so its getting there.

Dave, you sure i need the spacers for the rear man? I wouldnt want to widen the rear any, i think that would hurt my turning radius. :lol:

Turning down dually hubs

What is involved in making the dually hubs usable for a CJ? I have never seen anything but SRW hubs. I turned my SRW hubs down and made them 5x5.5, so I am a little familiar with the design. Would love to see pics of the work when you do it.

Is it as simple as cutting off the original WMS and using the rear where the brakes mount as a new WMS? Would the bearings spacing then work on a SRW spindle?

Do you know of a writeup on Pirate etc?

Got a little more done this past weekend but not much. Had a stomach virus deal and it was strait horrible. Driving to Greensboro on Sunday to pick up the TH350 and 203 was no picnic either when you stomach is rejecting everything :mad: . But I did get the rear pulled out and just did some little stuff. Still waiting on steering parts from BTF and STILL need a 14bolt. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 100_1804.JPG
    100_1804.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 529
  • 100_1807.JPG
    100_1807.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 527
Well nothing as of right now the 203 just came mated to the tranny and we will use it for something eventualy. The toycase is what i will be using. Not going to say a 203/205 doubler didnt cross my mind :lol: but i already have everything for this toycase, gears are ordeared and it should work out well.

Back