99 Frontier, mog 9s, doubler, atlas 4spd, 40s, blah blah blah

this is a sick build

Thanks!

Did a little more work this weekend. Plated the frame on the outside just about up to the back of the cab, worked some more on my rear bumper, still have a couple tubes to weld on, two ends to cap, and some additional welding. I'm also thinking about adding some lights in the section between the fairlead and the clevis shackle mounts but I'm not sure yet.

ai197.photobucket.com_albums_aa63_Frontier2k1_Frontier_DSC01114.jpg

ai197.photobucket.com_albums_aa63_Frontier2k1_Frontier_DSC01115.jpg

ai197.photobucket.com_albums_aa63_Frontier2k1_Frontier_DSC01118.jpg

ai197.photobucket.com_albums_aa63_Frontier2k1_Frontier_DSC01119.jpg

ai197.photobucket.com_albums_aa63_Frontier2k1_Frontier_DSC01121.jpg

Looks great so far man. What do you do for a living to be able to afford to build all of these Nissans that you do. The red Frontier that you did earlier this year is one of my favorite trucks ever. Keep it up.

Justin

Looks great so far man. What do you do for a living to be able to afford to build all of these Nissans that you do. The red Frontier that you did earlier this year is one of my favorite trucks ever. Keep it up.
Justin

The poster ahead of you owns that truck. I just helped with the welding/fabrication on it. I'm a welder and we're on short time so I don't have a bunch of cash coming in. I trade for parts, do labor for parts and so on. I've had this truck about a year and this is as far as I've gotten.

Got my suspension joints in.

I'm using the 1-1/4" heims for the upper link on the front, the ballistic 3.0 joints on the lowers and the 360 joint for the one link outback.

ai197.photobucket.com_albums_aa63_Frontier2k1_Frontier_DSC01123.jpg

ai197.photobucket.com_albums_aa63_Frontier2k1_Frontier_DSC01124.jpg

Well I wasn't pleased with the gap I had behind the truck so I cut some more off the frame, capped it, and moved the bumper about 2"s closer then added some bracing from the side, I think it's done now besides a gusset or two on the mounts to the frame..

ai197.photobucket.com_albums_aa63_Frontier2k1_Frontier_DSC01126.jpg

ai197.photobucket.com_albums_aa63_Frontier2k1_Frontier_DSC01127.jpg

ai197.photobucket.com_albums_aa63_Frontier2k1_Frontier_DSC01129.jpg

Good work fellas, what brand-o-bender you working with? The clarity of your pictures is great and you can't pick-up any marking on the tubing from die friction. I've seen some come from 2 different models I've got to use, no mater what I lubed her up with!:lol:

Good work fellas, what brand-o-bender you working with? The clarity of your pictures is great and you can't pick-up any marking on the tubing from die friction. I've seen some come from 2 different models I've got to use, no mater what I lubed her up with!:lol:

Thanks man, I've got a JD2. I just use some WD-40 when bending, normally I don't have many marks, occasionally I do. I try to keep the dies very clean.

Those wheels are nasty

Look'n good Richard, as always!

Dw

Look'n good Richard, as always!

Dw

Thanks Dave! You need to get some new pictures of your rig posted up, I haven't seen that thing in awhile.

My spidertrax rear housing will be in next tuesday and I'll start getting the rear setup. I'm going to try to build the one link rear X-member this upcoming weekend if I've got some spare time.

Heard there was a 2nd gen Frontier SAS build on here the other day and had to come online to see. I'm guessing this is the thread he was pointing to (even though it's a 1st gen). The truck looks great, glad to see you are making progress, hope to see it on the trails this spring.

BTW - I get lots of compliments on my sliders, thanks for a great product!

Heard there was a 2nd gen Frontier SAS build on here the other day and had to come online to see. I'm guessing this is the thread he was pointing to (even though it's a 1st gen). The truck looks great, glad to see you are making progress, hope to see it on the trails this spring.
BTW - I get lots of compliments on my sliders, thanks for a great product!

No problem. Glad you liked them.

I received the rear 9" housing today from Portal Tek, I sent out my end plates and they machined them, squared them and TIG'd them on.

ai197.photobucket.com_albums_aa63_Frontier2k1_Frontier_DSC01145.jpg

ai197.photobucket.com_albums_aa63_Frontier2k1_Frontier_DSC01146.jpg

Back