97 dodge 3500 question

http://sourceautomotive.biz/intercoolerbootkitfor94-02dodge.aspx

well worth the money. (what I'm running)

It might be that you're just not building much boost. Install the boost elbow, and tighten it down until you notice your boost climbing... if you get it to build 35psi or so, then it's doubtful that you have a boost leak. (not a definite test)

Another thing to do is to fab up a set of 3" plugs, with a pressure gauge and valve stem mounted in one. remove the intercooler connector pipes from the air horn and turbo discharge, pop in the test caps & clamp down, then pressurize the system to 50psi or so and watch for a drop in pressure. (this is a definite test)

no. busted boots, loost clamps or possibility of intercooler leaking down at an unacceptable rate

Yea sounds like a problem there. With that closed off you should be pushing around 28psi with no fuel mods and on up around 36-38 with fuel mods. Sounds like there may be a leak. Time to start checking stuff.

I also forgot to ask where is your boost guage line hooked up at? Just curious on that.

a guy on cummins forum just said 21-23 stock.
my truck seems preety sluggish. i wish i had a diesel guy close to atleast look at it. i dont have the money to take it to a machanic to just look at it and say "no clue".
when i havent drove it in a few hours it starts off really slow. i think i bought a lemon lol. but i like the truck just want more power from it.
ill be a pullapart tomorrow, does anyone live around there that will look at it?

Yea thats about right stock but the boost elbow should up that number some on a stock truck. I wish you lived closer id be glad to take a look at it and shave the plate. Always glad to help someone learn about diesels or you can trade it for my 98 4runner on 33's and not have to worry about it anymore lol.

hahah no thanks on the 4runner. bought the truck to pull my jeep on 37's. i'll be working till 10. then a trip to pull a part so i'd be home at like 1. "if" i was to ride out that way i would be there around 330-4. lol

Dang man this weekend is bad for me im spending time with my son away from the house but seriously if you dont get it figured out and would like me to look at it another time id be glad to. I hate for you to drive that far but if you dont mind ill be glad to help you out.

ok. i dont mind the drive really just want this thing fixed. my first towing exp wasnt good, pulled the jeep on a 15' double moble home-axle trailer, and it didnt feel powerful at all. felt like my stock black jeep pulling my dads 25" pontoon boat lol.
got some lucas to put in the tranny to try out.

Back