'76 dodge build

boonewheeler

Got the dodge delivered this morning from Nate (jpscout) and his brother, apparently it doesn't like the mountain air.

Anyways its now parked in front of my house ready to be turned into something else.

Plans right now:

Fix the carb
Fix the fuel sending unit
35's or so

Possibly bob the frame, go to propane?

I'll get other pictures as it progresses but heres the ones I have so far.

Look forward to seeing what you do with this one, since it wasn't going to do much sitting here. Keep us posted!

This is where its sitting right now.... I'm having problems with the dmv in regards to obtaining a new title for it. So it'll be sitting for another week er so before I get the sending unit in and get it driveable up and down my road.

Attachments

• 1-10-07 098.jpg
    1-10-07 098.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 888
The NCDMV is under going some sizeable changes in issuing titles. I am waiting on several myself.

How so? I'm waiting for a part from the dodge dealership so i can get it running and inspected by the state inspector.

After that, I have to go through the hoops of getting an indemnity bond, then apply for a title :shaking:

Thats how most are done around here Unless you mess with the city folks Their prices just make me laugh
i understand, yours is purpose built... for "mudd"....... that was all i was pickin bout'... not the home-fab cause thats what pretty much everyone on here does, "built not bought"...but i'm pretty sure this 76' is gonna be a crawler/ trail truck and look damn good too, jus not too tall:driver:

the plan for the 76 is for it to be a crawler trail truck...

Anyways, just talked to the dodge dealership, have the sending unit ordered, should be here tomorrow.

Plan currently is to put the sending unit in over the weekend, get it driveable and inspected by tuesday, pick up some 36s for it next weekend, and hopefully have it titled and ready to drive on the road by the week after.

We'll see what happens

Hijack

What do you have to go thru to get a title & who do you contact

I'll have to get the bill of sale when i bought it, the bill of sale from the previous owner purchasing it, the vehicle inspected by the dmv inspector to make sure its not stolen and to get the value placed. I have to talk to a bond company to get an "indemnity bond" for 1.5 times the vehicles value. I have to take all of that to the dmv with a little other paperwork to apply for a title.

My best suggestion is stop by the dmv tag office and tell them you need to obtain a title through an indemnity bond and they'll give you everything you need

thank you
thread returned:rolleyes:

id figure id give an update on the truck since today was the first day i was able to work on it...
Got the sending unit today, got it installed broke off 4 screws in the process so theres only 2 holding the unit in (how do i get those other screws out?).
Got the interior taken care of, paints drying as we speak (cheap rubber coating) and I took the doors off
Taking a beer break then finishing getting the fuel tank installed and taking it for a test drive up and down my road and maybe into boone with my other trucks tags.

Attachments

• 1-10-07 141.jpg
    1-10-07 141.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 328
  • 1-10-07 140.jpg
    1-10-07 140.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 304
  • 1-10-07 139.jpg
    1-10-07 139.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 316
The %$#^#$^ dealership sent me the wrong damn sending unit....

God they are gonna get chewed out tomorrow...

The one I need has 3 tubes coming out the one I have only has 2.. Kinda explains why I was so damn confused about having an extra fuel line going to nothing

update:

Tires should be here Saturday, hopefully put on the old wheels by tuesday. Will be ordering the fuel cell and lift as soon as funds arrive and should if all works out be wheelable by next sunday or so.

update:

Tires should be here Saturday, hopefully put on the old wheels by tuesday. Will be ordering the fuel cell and lift as soon as funds arrive and should if all works out be wheelable by next sunday or so.

any progress... got the tires mounted/ and put on?:popcorn:

Apparently the bank doesn't like large out of state checks so I'm stuck till the 15th. But on the other hand I already talked to summit and I can get the lift and fuel cell shipped in 2 days so its looking like it'll be drivable by the 21ish and legal by the end of the month.

So no, no progress other than getting the tires

Back