70 O/D in one day

@Falko i can see your logic for discussion sake. @Futbalfantic nailed why drugs are illegal.

I don’t think it’s fair to compare a gun dealer to a drug dealer. In history guns were a tool, a resource for food and protection. Still are.

Drugs have no positive impact. Somebody somewhere decided to mix cough meds and drain cleaner with other junk and make meth, and however heroin is made. Sure they didn’t force anyone to do that drug, but knew full well what it would be used for and how bad the effects would be. Gun dealer supplies a tool, and hopes it is used in a good and honest way.

Big pharma is also a mess and grossly responsible for this. My mom is a perfect example of a doctor shopping pill addict. I hate pills for what I’ve seen it do to my family. Docs are so quick to give them out too. It’s disgusting. My friend Curtis hurt his back, when he went to the doc they just wanted to give him a pain killer. He said no I need to find out WHY I have pain. They literally didn’t want to check him out further unless he took the pills and then the pain continued. He went round and round with them cause he would not take them.

Sometimes these pills are needed and have their place. But due to big money, they sprinkle them everywhere rather than closely monitor and consider when they should be used.

Last edited:
Societal harm. Drug put a burden on every aspect of society. They are not a victimless thing. Take a heroin addict. And let's make heroin legal. That addict will not be able to afford the heroin, they will still need to steal to afford their addiction. That addict, if they have a job, will miss work, causing additional stress on the employer. If said addict had a job, they will loose it, causing them to loose their housing, causing an economic impact. That addict has a family, it will cause them stress do to absenteeism. That addict will end up encountering the first response system, causing those responders to be tied up with them vs other emergencies. Those addicts will end up in the hospital, taking up a bed, and since they have no job, will be unable to pay, increasing health care costs. Those addicts have a HUGE risk of death causing hardship on families and increasing the risk of depression; therefore, perpetuating the cycle

So you're basically saying making it legal won't really change anything? This exact cycle can be applied to alcoholics, yet alcohol is legal. Should it be illegal (again)? If people want it, they will get it, which is blatantly obvious not only with drugs but with anything: guns are a common example, alcohol during prohibition is another. The question is if it was legal, could that provide a "safer" product to the user? I use that term loosely but if a user knew they could get heroin that wasn't laced with fentanyl wouldn't that be what they would want to get? And know that they could get a consistent dose every time? Then you and I would get to quit giving out narcan like it was Halloween candy.

Duane

Back