70 O/D in one day

Jim Jones Koolaid mix?

Synthetic pot laced w fentanol(sp??) they suspect.I had read/heard they think it could be terror related which kinda makes sense to me.Why would a drug dealer/seller want to sell a product that would quickly kill a large portion of their buyers.might take a while but at some point your gonna run out of customers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Synthetic pot laced w fentanol(sp??) they suspect.I had read/heard they think it could be terror related which kinda makes sense to me.Why would a drug dealer/seller want to sell a product that would quickly kill a large portion of their buyers.might take a while but at some point your gonna run out of customers.

Not straight fentanyl since the article mentioned narcan was not working, there have been new formulations of another chemical laced with fentanyl making it resistant to narcan.

5753849F-9F55-4DBA-94B3-84757DE334EE.jpeg

Rarely is it the guy selling in the park that is the guy who is cutting/mixing it w/ other stuff. That guy is farther back in the chain and doesn't GAF.

Lace a drug with another drug to get them hooked on it. Heroin and the sorts is nasty stuff but keeps everyone coming back for more. Get'em hooked and you have a customer for life

Lol, might have been someone trying to clean up the park. Now there are 70 less druggies there, lol.
None of them died, so really all it did was drive up healthcare costs for everybody else.

I heard from a customer who is from new haven (so take for what you will) that there was people coming back for round 2. Still had hospital bracelets from that morning found od'ing again later in the day.

I am probably going to piss a few people off with my thoughts but oh well. I know that the drug problem reaches all walks of life and all colors and genders. I also know that not all druggies are bad people and most need help with addictions. I feel like everyone knows it will kill you but they still do it anyway. So my way to solve this never ending stupidity is first OD ya get a big strike 1 tattooed on your left hand. Second OD big strike 2 tattooed on your right hand guess what strike 3 gets ya? No help and ya die.

I am probably going to piss a few people off with my thoughts but oh well. I know that the drug problem reaches all walks of life and all colors and genders. I also know that not all druggies are bad people and most need help with addictions. I feel like everyone knows it will kill you but they still do it anyway. So my way to solve this never ending stupidity is first OD ya get a big strike 1 tattooed on your left hand. Second OD big strike 2 tattooed on your right hand guess what strike 3 gets ya? No help and ya die.
Counter point: just let them buy real weed.

If gov would damn legalize weed not only would it put cartels and gangs out of business quickly but, they can tax it too, and we know they like taxes shit that’s not theirs. I agree narcan should only be used once on a person imo after that you made ya bed now lay in it... Ive been in the addiction game and people are simply weak minded if you can’t find a reason to be sober then let natural selection take its course!

Ancient Chinese proverb say "charge the donors and save the stoners."

I’m sure this is a bit over the top, and it goes against my faith that teaches grace and forgiveness that’s been given to me, but I find myself so fed up with the drug problem.... I sorta think if you get caught with intent to sell/distribute heroin or some hard drug it should be death.
I know that seems tough, but if there were such stiff penalties and no 2nd chances I think this problem would start to go away pretty quickly.

Better access and legal in some areas are why we are seeing harder drugs. The cartels are switching to what has the best profits. Pot is so easy to get the new money is in heroine and the like. All my police friends have discussed this and agree. Pot, the old gateway drug. It litterally is now. The gates got swung wide open when the market changed.

The opioid crisis is WAY more involved than that. I work EMS and I would have to say 75% of the people that I interact with got hooked on them by legal means. IE got an injury then started taking pain pills and it snowballed. Not only that but American medicine wants to throw a pill at anyone and everyone, again pain pills for everyone. Then comes patient satisfaction scores. "Oh, stubbed to pain. Here's some dauldid." And lastly; pain is the 5th vital sign. Gotta control the pain or you're not taking proper care of your patient.

Someone commented on addicts being "weak minded." While there is *some* truth to that. It is also a bunch of malarkey. 1) Everyone has a different propensity to addiction. Some people have more dopamine receptors in their brain causing a stronger reaction to the stimulation. Everyone out there knows someone that, one day, just decided to quit smoking and that was it. On the flip side everyone knows someone who is on their death bed and is trying for the 500th time to quit but is not able. Those folks have more dopamine receptors and just are not able too. 2) Think of the most pleasurable thing you have ever done in your life. Still remember that feeling? Well heroin makes that look like the worst day you've ever had. Heroin puts you on cloud nine. Takes away all of your pain, sorrows, anxiety, everything, and replaces it with the best feeling you can't even imagine. And once it starts to leave your system, you feel like complete and utter shit; both physically and mentally.

Mix that with some mild depression or feelings of hopelessness and that my friends is how an addict is born.

I’m sure this is a bit over the top, and it goes against my faith that teaches grace and forgiveness that’s been given to me, but I find myself so fed up with the drug problem.... I sorta think if you get caught with intent to sell/distribute heroin or some hard drug it should be death.
I know that seems tough, but if there were such stiff penalties and no 2nd chances I think this problem would start to go away pretty quickly.
I'd be interested in hearing why drugs are illegal (from your prospective) to complete this statement.

Societal harm. Drug put a burden on every aspect of society. They are not a victimless thing. Take a heroin addict. And let's make heroin legal. That addict will not be able to afford the heroin, they will still need to steal to afford their addiction. That addict, if they have a job, will miss work, causing additional stress on the employer. If said addict had a job, they will loose it, causing them to loose their housing, causing an economic impact. That addict has a family, it will cause them stress do to absenteeism. That addict will end up encountering the first response system, causing those responders to be tied up with them vs other emergencies. Those addicts will end up in the hospital, taking up a bed, and since they have no job, will be unable to pay, increasing health care costs. Those addicts have a HUGE risk of death causing hardship on families and increasing the risk of depression; therefore, perpetuating the cycle

Why is it not a better solution to just put the user to death?

I'm applying the "guns don't kill people, people kill people" logic. I don't think dealers are holding anyone down and injecting them to get them hooked.

And to be clear I don't support this or the death penalty for dealers. It's just a thought experiment.

Back