4x4cross Bronco

Dylan W.

lone resident of Bro-Lite Island
This is a 1977 Bronco. This Bronco is a part of a special project that members of this forum have sponsored. So far over 60 members have pledged time, money, parts, materials, and labor, all in an effort to build a competitive Wheeler to compete in the 09' 4X4cross in May.
But there is a catch here, as each sponsor pledges $25, they recieve a single chance to win the Race truck. Some have sponsored more than $25 and have more chances to own the Bronco. One lucky sponsor will be awarded to ownership of the Bronco during the race awards ceremony.
Read the top 3 posts in this thread for details, and sponsors list.
http://www.nc4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62069
We have collected enough money to purchase the 1977 Bronco.
It is not too late for you to join the other members, in the running to WIN!
Any additional money will go back into the rig, in the form of modifications and cool stuff for the rig. This will only make it that much sweeter to the WINNER!
This is the beginning... We have shop space at Snider Automotive in Mocksville.
This is our badly rusted 1977 Bronco. It has a 302 engine,np435 tranny,np205t-case 9''rear with spool, and a hp44 front. We will do what we can out of this bay,to get it race read & ship it participating vendors/sponsors for further work ,when the time comes... Stay tuned...And get involved today!
ai82.photobucket.com_albums_j244_chasesmum_DSC06234.jpg

ai82.photobucket.com_albums_j244_chasesmum_DSC06215.jpg

ai82.photobucket.com_albums_j244_chasesmum_DSC06219.jpg

ai82.photobucket.com_albums_j244_chasesmum_DSC06220.jpg

Maycee thinks it's #1 already!!
ai82.photobucket.com_albums_j244_chasesmum_DSC06224.jpg

ai82.photobucket.com_albums_j244_chasesmum_DSC06225.jpg

Specs -

1977 bronco body (badly rusted)
1977 bronco frame - no rust

77 F-150 Dana 44 Front axle with disc brakes
81 full size bronco 9” rear axle
3.5 gears
81 Bronco 31 spline 9" with spool in rear
1310 CV and joints front and rear
3” lift blocks
3.5" lift springs in the front

77 F-250 NP435 transmission
77 F-250 NP205 transfer case

302 from EFI vehicle
New electric fuel pump
New timing chain and top end gaskets
New oil pump and pan gasket
Rebuilt ford 4bbl carb
custom Saginaw power steering pump
77 Bronco power steering hose
73 Bronco power steering gear box
86 Bronco flywheel and clutch kit (new)
New starter
New starter relay
New battery
New distributor
New water pump
dovetail rear
33" grooved tires with 99% tread (rear with beadlocks)

just for shits and giggles, exactly how much wider is the ass end from the front? judging from the 5 & 6 pictures, it looks at least 4 inches wider.... is that just because of the different wheels or are the axles themselves that different?

I know the wheels are diff. front to back, but not sure about the axles. I guess they're the same width. I know the Dove tail makes it look different.

Those aren't rust hole sin the floor, that's so you can see what you are running over!

Looks like that thing is gonna need a Scorpion coating to keep the rust outta there! :D
That is a high dollar glass bottom in that Bronco... I'm not sure it needs a Scorpion Lining:flipoff2:

We just hope we can get something for you to spray.lol.

Damn, wish Mocksville wasn't so far away, I would love to see it. I'm heading to High Point tomorrow for work if you need anything transported from around Raleigh to meet me in HP let me know.

Damn, wish Mocksville wasn't so far away, I would love to see it. I'm heading to High Point tomorrow for work if you need anything transported from around Raleigh to meet me in HP let me know.
It's possible we will need something hauled later on. I'm sure something might come up, Thanks

just for shits and giggles, exactly how much wider is the ass end from the front? judging from the 5 & 6 pictures, it looks at least 4 inches wider.... is that just because of the different wheels or are the axles themselves that different?
its the back spacing on the wheels. the front two are different than the rear. i noticed that when we unloaded today.:beer:

It's possible we will need something hauled later on. I'm sure something might come up, Thanks

well just let me know, I will have to go back to High Point probably on Sunday but I will find out for sure tomorrow. Work takes me to Greensboro all the time, I'll keep you posted

We will start working on it tomorrow around 7:00pm
Snappy,Njec4x4,Marvilusone,and Redneckjeep87, and myself, are going to start ripping into it. Trying to get it running smoothly,oil changed,plugs,wires,points(anyone have a electronic ignition?) Maybe try to start cutting out the wheel wells and get some measurements for new floors. The front seat will have to go, we will be using 2 newer seats that Gubni sent with the rig.

If anyone wants to help out tomorrow around 7pm give me a shout. 336 413 0720

I wish I was closer. If you send it this way let me know. I can probably do some trailer time to Blaze's shop for coating or to Cperrys also. The checks will be there Monday. Send in my money and hauling should be in good shape for some chances.:popcorn:

Dylan - why do you need to cut the fenders? The rear is already dovetailed and the fronts look to have enough room.
Might want to get some flexin' in to see what yo ureally need before getting rid of decent metal.

May need to make a late-night run out around town for some constructions signs to weld in to make a floor, lol. Seems to have worked for Caver!

^^The front axle is mounted 2inches to far back...If we decide to move it foward it will be ok on clearance. If we dont move the axle, we might end up triming the front fenders, The tires will travel up into them right now. So we'll have to do something.

I'm thinking, since the rear is dovetailed and the tires stick out like they do...it will be easier to start fresh in the back and just cut out the rusty wheel wells,and build a simple box type rear area. We will have to see how that goes.

I wish I was closer. If you send it this way let me know. I can probably do some trailer time to Blaze's shop for coating or to Cperrys also. The checks will be there Monday. Send in my money and hauling should be in good shape for some chances.:popcorn:
Is that an offer to transport it to Raleigh, when the time comes:popcorn:

yes if need be or back if needed....check your PayPal
It is highly probable that it will need a tow both there and back. If you wanna do 1 leg of the trip or both, you can be the man. That will be a little later, but hopefully not long at all.
Got your payment posted! Thanks:beer:

If you don't move the front axle (two axle mounts included) you will need to shorten the driveshaft. Those two frame mounts are the only thing that needs to be cut and rewelded to move it back where it needs to go.

If you don't move the front axle (two axle mounts included) you will need to shorten the driveshaft. Those two frame mounts are the only thing that needs to be cut and rewelded to move it back where it needs to go.
Got it. I thinl we will move the axle. Gonna be a whole lotta grinding going on.

Back