4X4 cross URE stables

I had a great time, we left after the guy nose dived the truck and messed his back up. There was tons of carnage. Go Tominator!!! Cheated out of a higher finishing place. But still a good run. Tom has to get the jump video up.
Here's the vid of me jumping the table top. I would have driven like this the whole time if I hadn't gotten falsely DQ'd. Overall it was a really fun time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7oCW6fTI78
If anyone has any photos of my black Grand Cherokee, post them up. Thanks.

ai73.photobucket.com_albums_i233_badog3_jeep_5_09_204X4CROSS_IMG_0031.jpg
This was the jeep that the air bags got deployed right?? Ive got that on video, havent watched it yet to see what the quality is but I was def. filming when that happened. But I also have no idea how to upload a video from my video camera to the computer :confused:

how were you falsely DQ'd?
I went a little squireley while exiting one of the corners, might have gotten off course, one official told me I was dq'ed so I let up an entire straight and half of the next. I decided I was going to try and put on a good show and jump the table top, after the table top I made my way towards another official and was told that I was still in it and to keep going.

ai127.photobucket.com_albums_p149_tominator1_URERace2009.jpg

I went a little squireley while exiting one of the corners, might have gotten off course, one official told me I was dq'ed so I let up an entire straight and half of the next. I decided I was going to try and put on a good show and jump the table top, after the table top I made my way towards another official and was told that I was still in it and to keep going.
ai127.photobucket.com_albums_p149_tominator1_URERace2009.jpg

I was the spotter out there in the older Ford... I was radio by Lorenzo that you were dq... I didn't see what you were dq for but I think you either ran over some tape or when coming around the turn you missed a jump or rut.

Sorry I couldn't put on a show in the Teryx (little blue SxS with silver cage). It was running like :poop: on Saturday but I'll get bring it out next time for something a little different.
I'm glad Greg got out of that thing safely.
The guy that endoed in the SxS is okay, the stock cage appears to be a one time use though. We couldn't stay more than half the day on Saturday but I hope everyone had fun and everyone was safe.
Alex

^^^alright well that is the most I have heard yet... I know that he had a lot going on with starting everyone off and making sure everything was good so I did not expect a lengthy disscusion. I went back and spoke with Lorenzo as soon as I ended my run and he did not give me a time but he said I was either 3rd or 4th, never said anything about being dq'ed. I went back while C&D class was running and he was not able to give me anymore info as of what the offical word was. I might have run over some tape going wide but I am pretty sure I did not bypass any obsticles.

I was the spotter out there in the older Ford... I was radio by Lorenzo that you were dq... I didn't see what you were dq for but I think you either ran over some tape or when coming around the turn you missed a jump or rut.

I'm guessing this guy Lorenzo is a member here on the forum and I'm sure plenty of you guys know and respect him, but I was not pleased with him. I know he had an important job and was in a hurry, but I along with others felt he was not respectful to the fans. He backed into me on his 4 wheeler while I was sitting down and then took off while blowing exhaust fumes in my face. He then came back again to watch a racer and cut the turn so close he almost hit me again. He later did the same thing to a little kid sitting down and came a few inches from running into the kid. A few of the people I was sitting near on the side of the hill felt the same way and one guy got up to throw Lorenzo's 4 wheeler keys in the woods so he would not be able to drive it anymore, but we told him not to.

Other than that, I think the event was awesome and was put together very well. The track was really cool and the clubs did a great job. I can't wait until next years 4x4cross.

The Bronco held up for 1/5th of the course. It was going ok then after a small jump it cut off. I started it back up, but could'nt get the shifter to move. It would'nt go and the shifter was stuck in 3rd. I even unbuckled and tried to kick the shifter so it would move, but no luck. We got towed back to the pts and I kleft it there until the next morning(today) and Snappy wiggled the transfer case shifter and knocked it right out of gear.
I'm thinking it was in a bad bind, is why it would'nt move on the course..But I gave it hell while it lasted!!

Congrats to 91oneton...Brandon won the Bronco!!

I think 4th? Pretty sure that Dylan cheated though.

:)flipoff2:)

Good meeting you guys though.

:edit: Tried the truck pull too and didn't do so great in that either.

I'm guessing this guy Lorenzo is a member here on the forum and I'm sure plenty of you guys know and respect him, but I was not pleased with him. I know he had an important job and was in a hurry, but I along with others felt he was not respectful to the fans. He backed into me on his 4 wheeler while I was sitting down and then took off while blowing exhaust fumes in my face. He then came back again to watch a racer and cut the turn so close he almost hit me again. He later did the same thing to a little kid sitting down and came a few inches from running into the kid. A few of the people I was sitting near on the side of the hill felt the same way and one guy got up to throw Lorenzo's 4 wheeler keys in the woods so he would not be able to drive it anymore, but we told him not to.
Other than that, I think the event was awesome and was put together very well. The track was really cool and the clubs did a great job. I can't wait until next years 4x4cross.

I will address this first before posting any pictures or comments about the race.
Sir, I apologize to you and the fans that were upset with me.
This is the first negative comment I have heard about my work on the race.
I never heard a work about this at all. I certainly do NOT remember hitting anyone. IF I had done so there were plenty of my own friends and fans there that would have ate me up.

I felt as if I had made my way quite well through the crowd.
I do apologize for the exhaust that has gone your way.

I was working my butt off with the racers and the staff and the fans and my attention is in a 1000 directions.

If there was truly a problem as there were a bunch of other 'issues' that day, you could have come to me and spoke to me about it.
If I meet you I will respectfully shake your hand and apologize to you again IN PERSON.

I think 4th? Pretty sure that Dylan cheated though.

:)flipoff2:)

Good meeting you guys though.

:edit: Tried the truck pull too and didn't do so great in that either.
Ha..didnt you guys see that short cut?:flipoff2:

I ran a 5:23..but the coolest part was...my jeep didnt break.
Guess we both got beat by the ''pro set up trucks''.
Good job to all the workers, racers and on-lookers. It was a fun filled weekend.

anyone else there very intimidated by the security horses?

Kinda funny how fast people moved back up the hill after bigwoody went from a swim and the horses came

My self and mike, with our wives were sitting down there SInce 10 o clock when woody rolled, i was the first down there, and i was thanking god that he came up, i was kicking off my boots and grabbing my knife when he came up, after wards paople flooded the area, lorenzo told everyone to move and i did back up too my chairs, the horsebak rent a cops came , started yelling at us, stomped on our stuff and scared the crap out of us and our dog, very unprofessional, i was super pissed, too beat it all someone came roaring up in a buggy and just about ran over a few people, we addressed our concerns to the staff, didnt seem to care.I was told that johny the owner would not care anyways. The cross was really hard to wach, not many veiw points at all. Bottom line Stables will Never get another dime from me, I will not be disrespected or herded like a damn cow. Lorenzo seemed to do a really good job, thanks for the show racers

sooooooooooooooooooooooo

hey you run operation that size and see if u can keep everybody just perfectly happy and you probably was not made to go to the cross by anybody go watch a movie next year with your wife then :popcorn::lol::bounce2:

Nope i highly doubt that, I would rather go stay in the woods, might be better for for me since im not part of the good ole boy system that obviosly goes on there( not directed to you miles) there were way too many pricks. Dont really want too point fingers. No matter how gig the event is if they cant do better than that then they were unprepared. NOT regarding all conditons. They need to remember that the paying spectator is the reason they are there. Without there dollar it all stops. I aint teryin to piss paople off, i respect everyone and expect that in return, if not i will not put myself in that situation again

Back