35" tire for Uhwarrie

If he went with dana 44s or 9" ford stuff then it would be the same pattern he has now.

So no he wouldn't have to buy new wheels.

Going to 17s makes more sense than going to 15s.
Here's has 5x4.5 now, and 44/9 would be 5x5.5 or 6x5.5, right..?

Here's has 5x4.5 now, and 44/9 would be 5x5.5 or 6x5.5, right..?

I was thinking TJs were 5x5 and 44s were 5x5. You can buy a custom axle for a 9" in just about any pattern you want.

If I'm wrong on the pattern size then disregard my earlier post.

His jeep is 5x4.5

TJ's are 5x4.5 and so are Broncos with a D44/9". You can buy hubs and shafts to get about whatever pattern you want for either one.

TJ's are 5x4.5 and so are Broncos with a D44/9". You can buy hubs and shafts to get about whatever pattern you want for either one.
Early and full size Broncos are 5x5.5. Bronco II is 5x4.5 but they came with dana 28/35 TTB and 7.5 rear. I know you can get rear shafts in any pattern you want, but I've never seen a full size front 44 converted to 5x4.5.

Last edited:
Early and full size Broncos are 5x5.5. Bronco II is 5x4.5 but they came with dana 28/35 TTB and 7.5 rear. I know you can get rear shafts in any pattern you want, but I've never seen a full size front 44 converted to 5x4.5.
Well nevermind what I said then, haha. It was getting late, and I apparently shouldn't post while I'm falling asleep...

Actually I have had their oil pan skid and unless it's reinforced don't buy it, that bitch will be fondling the oil pan and exhaust tube after a couple of good hits.

For reference
14e8971d1c76845cdcff5af66b712347.jpg

1491160102322-1711888633.jpg

Fuck that. Just bend up a hoop out of 1-1.5" tube, add a couple of kickers up to the frame, and plate the bottom with a piece of 1/8" or 3/16"

Add some Swag body mounts and a half-dozen 1" or 1.25" body pucks, and a Brown Dog MML, and tuck the whole drivetrain up into the chassis. Some more tube makes a transmission crossmember. A piece of 3/16" plate or maybe a Barnes t-case skid finishes it off.

Over the years, we've had SXs and SSRs and maybe a set of regular TSLs, a set of Coopers (I think?), a bunch of BFGs, etc. Mud tires suck on wet roads. Fuck a whole lot of running a bias tire the street. They're "better" in the slop, but for what we're doing, the trade-offs suck.

I think we had a set of Dunlops, too.

So far less than impressed.

Lets test your welding skills Joe!

I'll buy the material, if you build us a couple :cool:
I can do it. But if I ever rebuild mine I would do it like Shawn said above, except replace the steel plate with uhmw plastic for a more slippery surface.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Back