1936 Ford School Bus Build (with 5.9 cummins)

well atleast check with food truck inspectors to make sure that is fine.. I know there have been a huge battle in Raleigh with food truck vendors and what the can and can not do and what type vehicles etc they can use..

just fyi
Another thing to think of is you usually serve out of the passenger side, smokin' out your customers with exhaust is no good. Any other food truck questions feel free to PM me, I ran the Onlyburger truck for a year and learned allot!

That looks great!

Did a guy towards Clemmons do the louvers?

Lookin good. Why not just mount that air filter straight to the compressor inlet? Pointing it at the cab isn't going to help with noise and I doubt your sister is a teenage redneck into whistling turbos. :flipoff2:

Here is the ceiling panels in place. There will be two 14" roof vent fans that will be installed, for ventilation obviously, but also to keep from having to patch two holes in the roof panels.

The side sections of the ceiling were originally 4 pieces per side, the center section was 4 pieces as well, to eliminate seams (and save some time), they are 10' long each, so went from 12 pieces down to 3... Guess the bus shop didn't have access to a 10' shear back in 1936...
alh4.googleusercontent.com__LwLPRjeGa_A_UODY103Zu5I_AAAAAAAACK6fff8e45dea51f89f298117a354315b6.jpg

OK to show my ignorance - what are all of the pins sticking out of the sheetmetal?

They are called Clecos. They come in several versions. The most common is a spring loaded style which require a pair of Cleco pliers to install and remove. There are also threaded style clecos which provide more clamping force than the spring loaded versions. They typically are either 1/8" or 3/16" diameter and are used to temporarily hold sheetmetal in place as you are fabricating and or mocking up. They are used in aircraft fabrication and racing as well.

Back