Round 2: Keepin' up with the Joneses, Mud Devils and Tony Woody

I was blown away by the headlights. Then I was blown away by the skid plate. It’s just flat out amazing.

Is there going to be some type of marker light as well, in the space in the side of the new headlights? That empty space looks very intentional so I was wondering.

There is room for a corner marker like flat fendered Jeep utilize. I may install some, not sure.
My reason for potentially rewiring the whole thing is to simplify the wiring. It has the OEM interior items, the Ford Motorsports engine wiring and then all the extras I've added. Admittedly, the junctions between the 3 aren't professional looking.
My Holley Terminator EFI kit is here, I can easily add a 14 circuit standalone PDC of some sort to control everything else. If I do so, I will eliminate items not needed like markers, dash lighting, etc. Just to simplify and clean up.
I'm looking for a donor 99 to rob the sheetmetal, dash and door panels off of since my dash has a ton of holes in it from various add-on garbage over the years.

... this is top notch work that I could never do. Impressive.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

That is why I am paying someone more talented than I am to do it. I'm a hell of a good technician, can rebuild about anything mechanical and have a broad knowledge of all things automotive. I can weld, bend tube and make things stay together.
But I lack forward thinking and fabrication skills that I want out of my own rig. I never took credit for the chassis under the truck when I bought it. Chris Paiva built it and did an amazing job. I will take credit for everything else however. Same thing this time around. Chris deserves a ton of accolades for what he's doing. It's beyond any expectations I ever had.

Last edited:
I was blown away by the headlights. Then I was blown away by the skid plate. It’s just flat out amazing.

Is there going to be some type of marker light as well, in the space in the side of the new headlights? That empty space looks very intentional so I was wondering.

The goal was to fill that area as best I could and not make it ugly. I didn’t like a longer LED there. It looked squinty instead of mean but a shorter light bar meant I had to figure that spot out. In rangers and most vehicles that area would be a turn signal corner marker. I have searched for hours to find a light that would look good there and come up with nothing. Ultimately I made the decision to just build a pocket that looked purposeful and wouldn’t look dumb if it stayed empty. If Jody decides to there is room to mount a small amber trailer marker light to function as a turn signal/marker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know if this is legit work or not. I mean, I don't think I've seen one zip tie, or any duct tape yet.

Just kidding, this is top notch work that I could never do. Impressive.

I hide all Jody’s handy work when I take pictures. Lol.

I don't know if this is legit work or not. I mean, I don't think I've seen a single CAD or BIM drawing yet.

Just kidding, this is top notch work that I could never do. Impressive.

FIFY

Completely off topic but this is probably the best place I know to ask.

What happened to Terry Moorefield (your hotdog guy)? The wife, father-in-law and I were talking at dinner tonight about her uncle selling all his belongings and planning to RV for retirement. That’s when I mentioned terry doing the same and then it occurred to me that I had not seen anything from him online for a long time. Went and checked the book of faces and he doesn’t appear to be on anymore????? I ashamed to admit that I am just now wondering about him. I hope he’s well.

Completely off topic but this is probably the best place I know to ask.

What happened to Terry Moorefield (your hotdog guy)? The wife, father-in-law and I were talking at dinner tonight about her uncle selling all his belongings and planning to RV for retirement. That’s when I mentioned terry doing the same and then it occurred to me that I had not seen anything from him online for a long time. Went and checked the book of faces and he doesn’t appear to be on anymore????? I ashamed to admit that I am just now wondering about him. I hope he’s well.

Maybe @snappy will chime in. Last I heard they were living the rv life hosting at campgrounds.

I will take credit for everything else however. Same thing this time around. Chris deserves a ton of MONEY for what he's doing. It's beyond any expectations I ever had.

Fixed it! :D

Also, the key to being a professional is HIDING the zip ties. Duh...

“Happy wife, happy life”

Jody asked me to raise the back of the passenger seat so his wife could see over the dash. He also said he still has tall buddies who ride with him. This should do the trick and it easy to swap back to the way it was. Takes 5 minutes, maybe less.

ccedc64e833b1d86d6d293e79a9ccf09.jpg

1ecf2be61329a753c1a05360272074a4.jpg

5f4e680917c73a60e583fe24990e3983.jpg

3b3f1fc139acb3880c33ab51e9a870cf.jpg

3d409bd92f0d530c236a24e1f004f5ab.jpg

e7ef4cad4e3604625087ef2ac3b5e09a.jpg

Jody he didn't bother to wash the interior and armor-all the rubber floor before remounting the seats. Are you willing to accept this sort of sub-par service?

Jody he didn't bother to wash the interior and armor-all the rubber floor before remounting the seats. Are you willing to accept this sort of sub-par service?

Haha. I just burned a few holes in it for him :)

Is that your daughter @MarsFab ?
Another que it’s been far too long

I’m pretty sure the last time seen either andi was in diapers or similar and the twins weren’t even a thing yet....

Probably. It’s definitely been a while. You should ride up sometime and check out the new shop!

Probably. It’s definitely been a while. You should ride up sometime and check out the new shop!

Bet

Back