Toyota Flatbed

ol'Jeeps

Dirty Jeeps...Done Dirt Cheap!
DSC01328.JPG
DSC01330.JPG
DSC01331.JPG
Thought I would post a thread of a little different flatbed we built at MetalwerX.

It's an '85 Toyota deer hunting rig. We bobbed the frame, built the bumper and added LED tailights. The bed is mounted to the stock bed mounts.
DSC01328.JPGDSC01330.JPG DSC01331.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I seen this in person and pics do it no justice!...that was some good looking work Scott done!

Looks good! only thing I would have done differently is flush mounted the rear crossmember that holds the hitch
reciever

going to take a wild guess here and give you three reasons why he didn't do that

1. its a hunting truck, so leaving it out helps protect the rear tail lights
2. if you flush mount the bumper, spring hangers would have to have been moved
3. if you flush mount the bumper, the shackles and rear of the leaf springs would stick out just as far as the hitch, causing problems since he said it was a hunting rig, and he is probally pulling a trailer with a four wheeler, rear springs and shackles could get into the trailer on sharp turns, unless you put a extended hitch on it, which is no good

:flipoff2:

going to take a wild guess here and give you three reasons why he didn't do that

1. its a hunting truck, so leaving it out helps protect the rear tail lights
2. if you flush mount the bumper, spring hangers would have to have been moved
3. if you flush mount the bumper, the shackles and rear of the leaf springs would stick out just as far as the hitch, causing problems since he said it was a hunting rig, and he is probally pulling a trailer with a four wheeler, rear springs and shackles could get into the trailer on sharp turns, unless you put a extended hitch on it, which is no good

:flipoff2:
And a step to get in the bed

Touche! This picture shows early stages of my flatbed. Dont mind the lights those were temporary until LED ovals went in their place. The hitch I used slid right into the frame rails and was welded/gusseted in place. No relocation of of spring hangers needed but I do understand the hangup on shackles and/or a trailer!

Attachments

• rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 863
1. its a hunting truck, so leaving it out helps protect the rear tail lights...

And a step to get in the bed

We have a TWO winners here!!:D

The bumper was done to step up on.
The tail lights were recessed to protect them! (them LED tail lights is expensive!)

Oh...and you can set yer beers on it too!:beer:

Is this for a guy from Denver area if so i need him number i think i got his dads motor mounts in for a cj... thanks

Wheres the drain plug for the swamp donkey blood!!! Im not really a flat bed kinda guy on a toyota, but Ima that kinda flat bed kinda guy now. That looks great. Good work

Back