Towing Gooseneck and 2 Rigs/Cars with SRW

and you don't automatically need a CDL to tow over 10k lbs, just a standard non commercial class a. if you're not for hire don't get a cdl because you don't need it.there's a big difference between a non commercial class a and a cdl class a. rules for cdl drivers are a lot more strict and if you're not a commercial hauler, there's no need for a commercial license. I have a 4 car trailer and have never had a problem with my Non commercial class a, because i'm not for hire. Everybody automatically jumps on the cdl bandwagon if it's anything needed over a standard class c license. The whole key point they miss is the COMMERCIAL part....you don't need that if you're not for hire. What does suck though is that you have to take the cdl test to get your non commercial license. Why do I need to know about air brakes and towing double trailers and downshifting a big rig or how their drum brakes work when I only have a 3500 chevy? Stupid, but easy.

BAck to the original topic, the truck recently handled a few heavy trips pretty well, once I got some 3950lb. E's on there.
This was after harlan: 2 rigs, a small motorcyle, tons of spare parts/tools, 3 not skinny guys and all their food/beverages, etc for the weekend. Probably about 23k. Other than an oily intercooler boot that kept popping off going up Fancy Gap(Now fixed), I am quite pleased now.
IMG_0659.jpg

Back