Steel toe boots

BigClay

Knower of useless ZJ things
I need a new pair of steel toe boots. Looking for opinions on which ones you guys like. So, whatcha got?

My favorite.

I have always wore Timberland Pros,worked good for me for 15yrs

My current pair I wear isTimberland Pros in a composite toe. I’ve had Georgia Boots and Red Wings, these Timberlands far exceed them.

I wore keens for well over 10yrs, needed a change due to pain. Switched to timberland pros a few yrs ago and haven’t looked back.

Actually in the market right now. I have been wearing Ariat pull on boots for a long time. Working in the maint. shop I have been having issues with the toe leather getting worn to the steel and then they leak and having wet feet is a No-Go!! We are out on the “yard” working on the screen plants and conveyors a lot and all of our machines use water to wash the sand/stone so wet conditions are almost a daily situation let alone when it rains. I’m looking at Brunt brand boots as they have a pretty stout looking toe cap on their boots.

Has anyone used Brunt??

I need some as well for a job site 🙄 (stupid Gilbane...also have to wear tard helmets with straps)

And I'm ordering some Ariat with carbon fiber toe (not steel)

I think it depends on the person. I know several people that love Ariat boots, but they don't fit my foot worth a hoot. I've been wearing the same pair of twisted x boots for the last 2 years and love them, very comfortable doing dirt work but they do cause fatigue on concrete. They're the only boot I've had last that long. All of the red wing (China ones), Cody James, timberland, and wolverine boots I tried lasted less than 6 months.

probably comes with common knowledge not to get a Tony lama boot. I was in a pinch and had to go to the boot barn…. Tried on what seemed like a hundred pairs. The Tony’s just felt perfect, well it was 200$ wasted. Soles fell off after 6 months. Email them and it’s Justin boots with their loopholes. So I’m in the market now too

probably comes with common knowledge not to get a Tony lama boot. I was in a pinch and had to go to the boot barn…. Tried on what seemed like a hundred pairs. The Tony’s just felt perfect, well it was 200$ wasted. Soles fell off after 6 months. Email them and it’s Justin boots with their loopholes. So I’m in the market now too
And it sucks to because TL boots used to be great but the corporate things happened and now they are floating a name with garbage quality. I have a set of OG Tony Lamas and they are probably 6 yrs old that have held up great. I also take good care of them with lotion and stuff to keep the leather and soles proper.

Current set of Ariats are fine but the holes in the toe are what drives me nuts.
image.jpg

I just pulled the trigger on some new Brunt’s so we shall see how it goes. The were really fair and they have a free 30 days no questions return policy so they will get put to the test and go from there. Only thing is I hate buying boots I can’t try on in person….

Don't you work for a bank? Wth would you want steel toes for? I may be wrong, lol

First of all :flipoff2::lol:

I have been known to do tree work and it only took one time of a large oak rolling on my non steel toe boots to learn my lesson :D

Do the Timberland Pros run large or small?

Actually in the market right now. I have been wearing Ariat pull on boots for a long time. Working in the maint. shop I have been having issues with the toe leather getting worn to the steel and then they leak and having wet feet is a No-Go!! We are out on the “yard” working on the screen plants and conveyors a lot and all of our machines use water to wash the sand/stone so wet conditions are almost a daily situation let alone when it rains. I’m looking at Brunt brand boots as they have a pretty stout looking toe cap on their boots.

Has anyone used Brunt??
I ordered a pair of Brunt boots a year or so ago. They honestly felt like crap on my foot, so i sent them back. No real world wear knowledge. I'm really picky about shoes though.

Do the Timberland Pros run large or small?

For me pretty true to size if not 1/4 size large.

I can wear 11.5/12 and typically order 12 in timb pro and keen.

Have worn 11.5 and no real issue I can just “feel” edge of composite toe with my ring toe.

Fwiw for the guys wearing out the toe cover, with crawling every day I only wear models with some type of reinforcement over the outside of toe. Both brands have several models that have this feature.

After 3-4 months with both I can tell the insoles have compressed. I then go get Walgreens work foam insoles and trim to fit and install under the factory insole.

I’m able to do this as I have room vertically in the boot for the extra thickness in height.

Replacement timb pro insoles are garbage, they felt always comes off the foam after a day.

Keen replacement insoles are decent.

When I double the insole if definitely helps standing on concrete in the evenings, I don’t notice it crawling. This often extends the life of the boot for me to about a year before they loose water proofing or some other failure.

Current set of Ariats are fine but the holes in the toe are what drives me nuts. View attachment 416693

I just pulled the trigger on some new Brunt’s so we shall see how it goes. The were really fair and they have a free 30 days no questions return policy so they will get put to the test and go from there. Only thing is I hate buying boots I can’t try on in person….
JB Weld that shit and rock on. 🤘

Back