Shop to replace a Triton V10 around Statesville

tominator

Hello, can anybody out there recommend a shop to replace a V10 from a 2013 Ford cutaway E350 van with another one?

A used or new motor is fine.

Any thoughts on if a 5.4 will be up to the task of hauling the van around?

The van is a 2013 E350 cutaway with a fiberglass body/box on the back to haul people around. It has a dually rear with 4.30 gears. Some shops refer to this type of vehicle as a mini bus. It is located in Statesville. Thanks

Any thoughts on if a 5.4 will be up to the task of hauling the van around?

I have a 5.4 in my truck (06) and a V10 in the camper. World of difference in the power. The 5.4 would move it ok. Just OK...not at all like the V10. I wouldn't go backwards.

That said....my old truck (99) had 4.10's. The 06 has 3.73. The 99 towed much better. Gears made a huge difference.

Either truck (5.4's), though, went up Black Mountain at about 35mph towing 9-10k. The Winnebago (even less aerodynamic) pulling the rubicon can run the speed limit up that hill. You can't be afraid to wind either engine up.

Last edited:
Thanks, I appreciate the info kaiser. This van was used to haul 10-12 teenagers and a small enclosed trailer for them to store their bags in across the country and back. For that purpose the v10 has always had the power no matter what the grade was but I wondered if it was unnecessary to have such a big motor. I was thinking we might just have the 5.4 installed and then sell the van and get another, but I just got word and the plan is to have another v10 installed and continue to use it.

Does anyone out there have any recommendations or know someone capable of tackling this engine replacement other than the dealership?

Thanks, I appreciate the info kaiser. This van was used to haul 10-12 teenagers and a small enclosed trailer for them to store their bags in across the country and back. For that purpose the v10 has always had the power no matter what the grade was but I wondered if it was unnecessary to have such a big motor. I was thinking we might just have the 5.4 installed and then sell the van and get another, but I just got word and the plan is to have another v10 installed and continue to use it.

Does anyone out there have any recommendations or know someone capable of tackling this engine replacement other than the dealership?
Call Town and Country Tire in Hickory, ask for Jason. He may do it if you have a good reliable engine source. He stays covered up. Good dude and reputable shop.

Back