Random pic thread.

Freedom can be a scary thing.

IMG_20240404_131719466.jpg

Next to a walking path. My wife has a habit of stepping over this species. She spotted a non venomous snake not 2 yards from it. I was checking it out and spotted this one. It isn't so harmless.

Y'all know what it kind of snake? I do.

View attachment 415340

Next to a walking path. My wife has a habit of stepping over this species. She spotted a non venomous snake not 2 yards from it. I was checking it out and spotted this one. It isn't so harmless.

Rattleheadedcoppermoccasin?

Emergency landing on US1 North bound today

Attachments

• Resized_20240404_163024.jpeg
    Resized_20240404_163024.jpeg
    270.2 KB · Views: 58
View attachment 415340

Copperhead, and they don't play. We had big old dog that had to helped down and up the steps of deck steps because she had wound from cancer cut out her hip. I was helping her one day when I saw copperhead about 2' from her in the grass while she peed. I was barefoot and I slowly turned her around to the deck when she was done and I walked her up stairs. I went back down the steps w a shovel and the snake was going under the low deck and I killed it. I had relocated 2 or 3 of them some years but after that all will be killed.

Last edited:
Emergency landing on US1 North bound today

He must have lost all power.... landing gear up and the prop wasn't spinning when he touched down.

Picking up a new toy, er... tool, tomorrow. Too good a deal to pass. Coming with tiller, box blade, and mowing deck.

View attachment 415317

Runs great. Stout for its size. Box blade isn't anything special though. I built a straight blade out of 1/4" plate that I think will do better. But for 600, I can't complain.

20240404_193009.jpg
20240404_193015.jpg
20240404_193024.jpg
20240404_193028.jpg

Last edited:
Copperhead, and they don't play. We had big old dog that had to helped down and up the steps of deck steps because she had wound from cancer cut out her hip. I was helping her one day when I saw copperhead about 2' from her in the grass while she peed. I was barefoot and I slowly turned her around to the deck when she was done and I walked her up stairs. I went back down the steps w a shovel and the snake was going under the low deck and I killed it. I had relocated 2 or 3 of them some years but after that all will be killed.
It was actually a juvenile cotton mouth. The location of this snake the copper head isn't as common. Some also refer to them as a water moccasin. We moved it of trail and man she opened up that mouth! A very knowledgeable local drove up at the time and had his pups. He said that are fairly common and reminded us the youngsters was more dangerous for expelling large amounts of venom when striking. I knew this about copper heads but I guess all juvenile species carry this trait.

View attachment 415340

So I think this is a Moccasin/Cottonmouth due to the serrated edges and patterns of the markings. With it being curled up I can't see the definitive pattern. Was the pic taken in Mocksville? (Yes I've asked for ID on the Snake ID page I'm on) I like to know how to identify since I'm working outside all of the time. The color and pattern variations differences within species is remarkable sometimes.

So I think this is a Moccasin/Cottonmouth due to the serrated edges and patterns of the markings. With it being curled up I can't see the definitive pattern. Was the pic taken in Mocksville? (Yes I've asked for ID on the Snake ID page I'm on) I like to know how to identify since I'm working outside all of the time. The color and pattern variations differences within species is remarkable sometimes.
371.6 miles due east.....or Hatteras Island in the shadows of this fine lady.
IMG_20240404_125819011.jpg

So....this just fell off the fedex truck...

20240405_141950.jpg

Ain't no way in hail I'd connect that to my network. A debadged mystery machine? Definitely a trap!
GIF by Andrew and Pete
Mad Max Reaction GIF
Its A Trap GIF by Star Wars

Macbook Pro....I went to the dark side 10 years ago. Almost time for a tesla and birkenstocks.

Been a good day.

20240406_063728.jpg

20240406_065018.jpg

20240406_124451.jpg

20240406_132755.jpg

20240406_124504.jpg

20240406_154323.jpg

20240406_154317.jpg

Last edited:
Back