Moab. Easter Jeep Safari

k5-1402

Ok, I know JC sent out the email to everyone about going to Moab to accept an award for the club. I would really like to go but not by myself. So, I am looking for someone that would be up for making the trip to Moab with me and splitting the cost. I am not looking at going for the whole nine day event. We would most likely leave early to mid week before Easter and return the night of or day after Easter.

I would be up for any of the following options going from cheapest to most expensive.

1. Driving out in an economy car and camping or staying in hotels then renting a 4x4 when we arrived or riding with someone.

2. Riding out there in your highway worthy 4x4 and camping or staying in hotels.

3. Flying out and renting a 4x4

4. Towing your trail rig out there with your or my truck. (My Jeep is still not done.)

Many of the trails out there can be traveled in a stock or lightly modified vehicle.

I have done quite a bit of research into this. This trip could be made for as little as $500 per person with option1, maybe less or as much as a grand or more with options 3-4.

If you have any questions or may be interested don't hesitate to call or pm me. Thanks. Michael.
336-684-6316

Got some more info from JC today. turns out the award will be officially handed out on wednesday march 27th. So we could go earlier in the week and be back before easter if necessary. JC and I are looking into different options for days of the week to try and make it cheaper and work out best.

Jason, give me call so we can talk about it. Also I am pretty flexible on the days. Right now I am off work from Sunday March 24th - Tuesday April 2nd.

Last edited:
We will be doing top of the world trail thursday, and fins and things on friday, wensday is not set in stone yet. Both are very moderate.(rated 4 out of 10)

Fins is cool. You go right by Lions Back and Hells Revenge entrance on the way in to it. Baby Lions Back is just past Hells Revenge entrance on the left. You should have time to hit some of that too :) TOW is a great ride too! You guys are going to have a BLAST!

I think it's great y'all are getting to go! My goal is to go within the next 3 to 4 years. Now I know who to take as guides!!

I would defintely Hells Revenge since you will go right by it. Will be piece of cake in the Ruby. Is one of my favorite trails out there. Cane creek is another cool one that has a lot of creek crossings and great scenery. Only gets a little technical at the end.

I feel very lucky to get to go, if it goes really well maybe we can put together a ctb trip for next year way ahead of time.

We are taking a lab top and will have wireless at the campground, i will try to keep pictures and upadates during the week.

That's awesome. I would love to be able to make it out there sometime. Have a great trip guys, and post lots of pics

Doing some tweaking on the Jeep this weekend, making sure it is as ready as possible. I am super siked about area BFE, thats gonna be some wild stuff!!

Jason and Michael left Lincolnton at 12:15pm today.Keep them in your prayers for a safe trip there and back home. They will try to post pics later on in the week.

Well, we have been making good time all day until now. We're about 60 miles outside Lexington Kentucky stuck in traffic in a thunderstorm with an overturned tractor trailer about half a mile in front of us.
IMG_20130324_180431_802.jpg

After half an hour without moving, we did some mild wheeling and got turned around. Went back to the last exit and took back roads around the accident and back to the interstate. It took about twenty minutes, but there was still no traffic coming north bound so going around was definitely the right decision.

Back