Lets Go Racing! Daily Driver/ Ultra4 TJ

I finally got a little time last night to pull all the GoPro clips from race day into 1 video. Not sure if the battery died or ran out of space on the SD card but it ends just before RP1, I think around race mile 30 or so. I edited out the sections when we pulled off course due to trans temps.

Time for some updates. I am finally getting settled in after KOH, we got home and immediately had to start packing up the house and shop since we were moving. I am looking for some shop space to rent until I can get one built at the new place - Need to rent shop space

If anyone knows of anything please let me know, currently the garage is packed full and the jeep is living outside. I am itching to get some space to start prepping for the PA race in July.

Now for some pictures. Figured all of you could use some new backgrounds. I had a few photographers reach out with some pictures of the jeep. Most of these are from qualifying, with a few from the race.

413-koh23-Scotts-Designs_3586.jpg

413-koh23-Scotts-Designs_3631.jpg

0FMF3055.JPG

0FMF3061.JPG

0FMF3062.JPG

Time to resurrect this thread. Once I got back from Hammers last year, the Jeep got parked and we packed up the house and shop to move from Walkertown to Saxapahaw. Everything from the shop that didn't fit into the new garage at the house got stored at a buddies until I could get a shop built.

Last May I finally got everything lined up and permits pulled. Started with staking out and grading
20230831_190852.jpg

20230906_174040.jpg

The building is 30X40 with 12 foot walls and I went 6 inches thick on the pad so I could put a lift in eventually. Still working on getting everything organized and setting up a designated fab area in one of the bays. Disassembly on the jeep has already started and the parts list is growing.

Out at hammers I ended up trashing a passenger side rear axle bearing in qualifying and ate through another on the first lap of the race before calling it. Upon closer inspection now it ate into the bearing cup pretty good. Right now the plan is to cut these off and go to a full float style using the same unit bearings as the front. I still need to try and check how straight the rear housing is, but without an alignment bar I am kind of limited at the moment. It doesn't seem to be bent so hopefully that stays true.

20240224_151801.jpg

20240224_151806.jpg

I have some Spidertrax unit bearings that would be perfect for you :

The building is 30X40 with 12 foot walls and I went 6 inches thick on the pad so I could put a lift in eventually. Still working on getting everything organized and setting up a designated fab area in one of the bays. Disassembly on the jeep has already started and the parts list is growing.

Out at hammers I ended up trashing a passenger side rear axle bearing in qualifying and ate through another on the first lap of the race before calling it. Upon closer inspection now it ate into the bearing cup pretty good. Right now the plan is to cut these off and go to a full float style using the same unit bearings as the front. I still need to try and check how straight the rear housing is, but without an alignment bar I am kind of limited at the moment. It doesn't seem to be bent so hopefully that stays true.

View attachment 415577

View attachment 415579
So you're in Sax now? I ate/worked at the general store this morning. I got an axle alignment bar if you want to borrow it. I'm in Gibonville/Burlington...usually Sax once a week.

EDIT: Oh wait, I kinda know this Jeep. Ha.

So you're in Sax now? I ate/worked at the general store this morning. I got an axle alignment bar if you want to borrow it. I'm in Gibonville/Burlington...usually Sax once a week.

EDIT: Oh wait, I kinda know this Jeep. Ha.

I live about 2 minutes from the general store. We are there at least once a week. You should swing by next time you are down that way.

Back