"Jeep" Font?

SHINTON

I know we have some commerical artist types on here, I was wondering what the "font" is that is used to do the JEEP writing on Wranglers?

Wrangler, Rubicon, Jeep are the three I am interested in?

Can / do you have those in Word?

Zap me a msg here or direct...(and/or other "cool" offroad fonts for Word )

It's not any particular font. there are some close, but not exact. this is often the case with Big name Companies, or Companies that have been around longer than Computer Generated fonts.

If you want to place an image into your word document , you can find the Jeep Logo (as well as many other logos) on brandsoftheworld.com. ;)

Eben if it were a "font", you can bet it would be copyrighted by Chrysler so it wouldn't be available as a standard Windows font w/o a pricy plugin...

dont know what yer tryin to do, but if you find a font real close, I can modify it to be an exact match!

Well my "thoughts" or reasons for wanting this are, possibly to use as a design for those "iron on" deals you can make yourself with a printer.

Other thoughts are maybe looking up my favorite vinyl guy on here who responded to this thread as I thought he might, heh, and see if I can get Nerd done in the same font.

So on the side of my Wrangler, I have the Jeep letters, and below/right I would put Nerd

Jeep
Nerd

Heh...

Other reasons for the logo is I am considering building some items under the JEEPNERD brandname, etc.

Sam

I believe the font used for the "Jeep" stampings on the CJ-series was Helvetica Black (http://www.linotype.com/12565/helveticablack-font.html). Unfortunately, this is a font you have to purchase. I think Arial Black, which comes free with Windows (and is supposedly a rip-off of Helvetica), is close, but the tail ends of the "J" and "e" are not cut parallel to the base, which they are in Helvetica.
I realize your project's probably done, but hopefully this can help others.

looks like the 2009/2010 wrangler post has already been deleted

ya making it look like I'm the one that bumped this back up - doh!

Spam

I'm not spam, damn it. Good thing I posted the name of the font, seeing as it would have been a pain to search through all the fonts again....now that I have actually gotten to re-doing the hood on my '93 Wrangler. The font is called Accent's Earth, and realllly is available on dafont.com. The only noticeable difference is the W and R don't connect together. Otherwise, it's not bad. You can even type in "Wrangler" and preview it on the site!

Finally, why would a spammer use a real name? Come on now :)

dunno. my guess is because we don't typically get members from chicago and you joined in Jan 2010 and your first 2 (and only) posts were in this thread pushing some random website for fonts...

just a guess :)

Dafonts.com is a good source, there are a couple ways to find fonts. Google is you best bet to gain access to a wide variety of sites like WTF (What the Font) on Myfonts.com and identifont.com that are dedicated to identifying fonts like the Jeep one. I have used both and a couple others to find fonts for my graphical design projects. And even if its a font you usually have to pay for (as mentioned for the Jeep font) if you google for it with "Free" added and spend a little bit of time you will find a website that has it for free.

Nope, I'm "new"...just joined in January to post the font I had found - after all, this forum is the first hit that comes up on Google after searching for "Jeep font"!

I know we have some commerical artist types on here, I was wondering what the "font" is that is used to do the JEEP writing on Wranglers?
Wrangler, Rubicon, Jeep are the three I am interested in?
Can / do you have those in Word?
Zap me a msg here or direct...(and/or other "cool" offroad fonts for Word )

swiss 721 for the jeep lettering

working on the rubicon font now

Back