January 24th 2015 URE Workday

krzyabncanuck

BLM HOTSHOT
Up coming workday is coming up soon.

There has been a change in plans as to why it has taken me so long to get this out there.

Going to hopefully be working on a few different areas but not like we expected. The FS is going to put up wooden rail up on the area of Dickey bell that needs a lot of work to keep it permanent. it looks better also. But with that being said it also means that we will be taking down a bunch of the metal guard rail we put up last year. We will be taking it down and taking it further down the trail and putting it on the right side of mini Daniel hill climb.

The other part we will be working on is an area of Flat woods parking, just down from it. Got a hundred feet of rail to put up there. Then we will go to the bottom of the hill climb and start working from the bottom up.

Should be more coming from Terry soon.

I shall be there, in the truck so I can haul a majority of the wooden rail if need be.

The wooden rail is getting put up by a contractor. Sorry. Did not put that in the first post. Thanks for the heads up.

I need somewhat of a head count so I can plan the food. Thinking stew or soup and grilled cheese sandwiches... I will have the cooking trailer there...

I'll be in Florida for work so unfortunately won't be able to make this one, but I should be out either this weekend or the weekend of the 31st to start my effort to get the service roads cleaned up. 20 miles-worth is my estimate... I'm gonna need a lot of trash bags. ;)

Shaggy

Just heard from a new group down here in Nam that they will have about 10 folks there also.

I'm planning on coming up for this one. Looks like bad weather on Friday......

I am planning on coming to this one...thought about bringing my wife and kids. Since this is my first workday just wanted to check if bringing the family is a good idea? We love the Uwharrie area and thought it would be great to to get the kids involved in keeping the place looking good. Thanks!

Please come prepared for rain / slick trails. Should bring some wet weather gear.

I am very sure we can find you a ride Sir. Not too sure what kind of vehicle you might be riding in though. :)

Ill be there and I have a free seat if anyone needs one. Also a friend of mine Ben will be coming in his jeep.

I am still cooking. Does anyone have an easy up we can use?

I can bring mine too if need be. Let me know.

I do. I will be arriving Saturday morning.

Does anyone have an extra seat? My jeep is down.

GF is coming with me but the xj does have two back seats.

Back