Copper Crawler buggy build

Am I being mean and cruel, when I say, that I am amused by how Matt struggles with the attachments! :D

It's been a pain since i got my Samsung s5. Previous note2 and s4 had zero problems. Posted pics within a few minutes of each other in test grounds and they formatted two different ways. Dunno.
Yeah I started with the app on my S5 and now it sucks have the older version on my Nexus 7 and Galaxy Tab 3 and haven't let them update yet. Also got a request for a survey from them told them how I felt about the recent update....

Badass! You go girl.

Impressive work per usual Matt!

Put the Dodge out to pasture, been working on a new rig myself... Not near as nice as your fab, but it will be functional

ai162.photobucket.com_albums_t244_Mountain_Ram_EB_20Crawler_CF8d2f24572f3000ee10fe0d507d872763.jpg

So the back end is done, minus paint and delivery of limit straps. Reservoirs mounted. Drive lines moved out of the rear deck to below cooler and action packer, also to de-clutter back end. Get that weight low and back was the idea. Aluminum links are in and tight.

Last pic is ride height with 7 psi in tires and 7.5 " of chrome on shafts. Got the rear upper links dead nuts level, along with 3 " more up travel than previously with the ori's.

uploadfromtaptalk1421371021924.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1421371056858.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1421371077891.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1421371099888.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1421371116458.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1421371135178.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1421371149428.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1421371176011.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ori's 2" shorter collapsed, plus i just had the extra room in rear to get the extra travel. Overall raised the upper mounts almost 5".

Multiple reasons for locks. Front digs, lock out caliper for broken flex line, set a brake drag on steep down hills, lock out rear brakes all together on steep up hills and of course parking brake. All good in theory but rarely use them for anything other than front digs and parking brakes.

Multiple reasons for locks. Front digs, lock out caliper for broken flex line, set a brake drag on steep down hills, lock out rear brakes all together on steep up hills and of course parking brake. All good in theory but rarely use them for anything other than front digs and parking brakes.

I gotcha. Mainly curious on why 2 vs 1 on the rear.

Build is looking good. cant wait to see the difference.

All by hand with a standard plasma and Porta band. No paper or computer drawings-only images in my head and research online, many hours of standing, sitting, staring, cutting, grinding, polishing, welding, cussing, smoking-(pall malls ), drinking-(coffe,mtn dew,Pepsi ).....OCD..it's a damn burden i tell ya.

Thanks for the compliments.

I wouldn't consider it a burden Matt... a passion for building 1 off awesome shit is what I call it!!!!...Looks killer as always!!!

Back