cherokee fans: check it out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forget the body liftm they give too much body roll, better option is to just stack your XJ body on a JK frame. Just weld it together, last long time

As long as you use heavy enough springs they sure will

If you have issue with the power plant just upgrade it. Use a briggs n Stratton injection on it and you would not believe the power you will get
Or
Get one of those water injection pumps, your valves will never be so clean

So if I put the xj body on the jk frame I will have room? That's awesome! I could have an 8 wheel drive then! i am gonna do a doubler like the op now. This way all my axles will have low enough gear to climb a snow covered driveway. I am gonna weld my rears.

Should I leave one of my fronts open or just weld them too?

did you change your rear drum brakes out to disc brakes while it was sitting on the bench?

Just weld them, it's the best thing since Kotex

I am gonna weld them. I have 6 d batteries & a coat hanger. That should do it...

did you change your rear drum brakes out to disc brakes while it was sitting on the bench?

Disc brakes? na, I don't need all that. Drums will stop those 49's just fine. I ain't no dummy!

Last edited:
I moved this thread to General Chit Chat, since that's what it is. Can not be used in tech since there is so much misinformation contained through out the thread. So for the masses that are having fun with it. Here ya go. That is until Someone decides it would be better to wipe it out completely!

No, don't delete it, although it seems like he may be done posting in it.

Can I still talk about my future build? I am looking for advice from the op..

wow, my high school kids are more mature than you all. nice guys, that's real grown ups with the past 12 posts. real cute. well ok, you've won, i'll leave this post. delete it, move it, i don't care except the fact that you guys are so lame with all your remarks and yet grown men u call urselves to think these posts are funny. Yeah ur right before i leave this thread, yeah I got skills and I got balls and drive around Malls to run 38s on an XJ with Doubler. At least I'm not a wus/pus who doesn't know how to drive a jeep on some oversized tires. Well, I stayed off these forums for 11 years and I'll go back to that cause this was nothing but a failure and disappointment and no wonder the sport is being shut down everywhere>>>idiots like you run people off and good thing they shut you down and close out your trails, you don't belong on them anyways. I'll stick to what I know and have faith in: my knowledge and Faith has gotten me this far without ever "Grenading" anything so better luck to you. I also know why half of the trails are private communities, cause you like your own click>>>too scared to let a crazy XJ guy come in and put you in your place......In the end FACE IT...none of yall want to see a Rediculous Big Cherokee Doubled, welded on huge tires come and show you off on your turf cause when it does, you feel stupid and like an ass with your mouth hanging and then STILL too prideful to admit it's working and doable. Peace to all the scared folks, and look in your rear view mirror for that xj with puny brakes on big tires, he'll run you over with his whole family and endanger yours. Set up road blocks in all your areas, nail your doors shut, weld your windows, load up ammunition, gear up your tanks and man your battle stations>>>Big Scary XJ coming to towns near you!!!!!
LLAAAAAAHHHOOOOOSSSSSEEEEEERRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

since i don't know how to delete my account, knock yourselves out,......................................................................................................

wow, my high school kids are more mature than you all. nice guys, that's real grown ups with the past 12 posts. real cute. well ok, you've won, i'll leave this post. delete it, move it, i don't care except the fact that you guys are so lame with all your remarks and yet grown men u call urselves to think these posts are funny. Yeah ur right before i leave this thread, yeah I got skills and I got balls and drive around Malls to run 38s on an XJ with Doubler. At least I'm not a wus/pus who doesn't know how to drive a jeep on some oversized tires. Well, I stayed off these forums for 11 years and I'll go back to that cause this was nothing but a failure and disappointment and no wonder the sport is being shut down everywhere>>>idiots like you run people off and good thing they shut you down and close out your trails, you don't belong on them anyways. I'll stick to what I know and have faith in: my knowledge and Faith has gotten me this far without ever "Grenading" anything so better luck to you. I also know why half of the trails are private communities, cause you like your own click>>>too scared to let a crazy XJ guy come in and put you in your place......In the end FACE IT...none of yall want to see a Rediculous Big Cherokee Doubled, welded on huge tires come and show you off on your turf cause when it does, you feel stupid and like an ass with your mouth hanging and then STILL too prideful to admit it's working and doable. Peace to all the scared folks, and look in your rear view mirror for that xj with puny brakes on big tires, he'll run you over with his whole family and endanger yours. Set up road blocks in all your areas, nail your doors shut, weld your windows, load up ammunition, gear up your tanks and man your battle stations>>>Big Scary XJ coming to towns near you!!!!!
LLAAAAAAHHHOOOOOSSSSSEEEEEERRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait! I am looking for advice from you=the master? common man tell me what I should do.. Don't run away now.

wow, my high school kids are more mature than you all. nice guys,
Your high school kids?
Please explain how you "teach" this shit to your students.
Piece of shit you are, and a douchebag.

no wonder the sport is being shut down everywhere>>>idiots like you run people off and good thing they shut you down and close out your trails, you don't belong on them anyways.

No sir, its idiots like YOU who give this sport a bad reputation and close down trails. Morons who think that big tires = big ability. You haven't broken anything because you don't actually wheel jack shit, you drive around in your yard and think that's a big deal. The last thing anyone here wants to do is be forced to sit around for 5 hours while you repair something you broke on the trail because you have NO clue what you're doing.

Your inability to understand that while the comments may not have been the nicest, they were sincere and honest is what drove you away. You obviously have no idea what you're doing, and I feel sorry for anyone who wastes their time coming into your "shop". I can add 38" tires to almost anything if I cut enough shit out of the way, but that doesn't mean it wont break when I drive more than 35 miles an hour, or push the vehicle more than driving around in some ditches in my yard.

In any case, please, I beg you to come to an actual event, wherever it may be, and see how long your Cherokee lasts. You come on here running your mouth about a POS that even Craigslist would laugh at, and don't get the point that 99% of these guys posting are trying to give you good advice.

And FYI, if I ever see a Cherokee on 38" tires sitting on the side of the road, I won't be stopping to help, because you deserve everything you get.

I can't just walk away from this. That big yellow "bad ass" xj was a death trap. And if your going to excicute this build in the same manner, With stacked washers, stacked coil spacers and poor fab, stop and these "haters" will lend a hand.

i'm still trippin on how you found that, do I know you from Raleigh, we lived there for 5 years and then moved back to Boone 3 years ago so you must know me cause that website or business name is not on this forum. weird. who are you? Blake?

I've tried to stay out of this but can't anymore.......I hope most of what you've been spewing is just like it reads.......... BS. All the the driving "experience" in the world will not help at all when ( not if ) you suffer a catastrophic drivetrain failure at or near your proclaimed safe ( 50mph ) speed on the street with large tires on what looks like a stock body. Have you ever rolled or crashed a jeep or a truck on the street or off the side of a mountain or into innocent oncomming traffic w all you years of "experience" ? have you seen the damage a puny stock sized wheel and tire can do to another vehicle after it leaves the one it was on at 50 mph? You've been bashed for blatant comments about your lack of common sense and safety for yourself, family, and other drivers if you ever drive this rig on the street and scoffing advice on your setup from folks who have given up trying to talk sense to you and have expectedly gone sarcastic on your ass . Common courtesy for the safety of passengers and other drivers is automatic to ALL of the mature or "smart" peeps I know, but you sound like you're 16 and know it all and consider yourself and you're rig invinceable cause you know how to drive it all "smart" and stuff. I really hope you're shining us on, that was pretty good.............. but if you're serious I pray for your family and anyone on the road if you ever get that thing out of your yard. I also hope you're not giving advice like this to youngsters who don't know any better and might believe the stuff you claim you can do by simply putting large tires on a rig not up to the task of running them safely . I'm also glad you don't live in Raleigh anymore, I live 15 miles from there and I'm scared to think you're in Ashville :eek: . I would love to see that rig in action OFF THE ROAD when you get tha video. I'm guessing pics are all you'll post cause video of something that does'nt move is really just alot of pics. If you do shoot some be sure to have audio so we can hear the carnage too!o_O

I can't just walk away from this. That big yellow "bad ass" xj was a death trap. And if your going to excicute this build in the same manner, With stacked washers, stacked coil spacers and poor fab, stop and these "haters" will lend a hand.

...............not to mention BUTT UGLY, I was serious when I said I would'nt drive it to the mall, even wearing a disguise. I'm guessing it was sold because it was a deathtrap and useless for anything but mallcrawlin or making other Xj owners puke in their mouths.

Disc brakes? na, I don't need all that. Drums will stop those 49's just fine. I ain't no dummy!
actually Jeff,I was directing that at the O.P. to keep this in tech. plus curious if he(the great xj man) took the time to do that.I did on my wrangler last year and I deff. don't claim to be all that and a bag of tatter chips too.

Its not over is it? Damn :/ so much fun watching y'all bashing that guy. Hes probably swapping in a 27 spline 8.25. I'd love to see him do any thing I was doing at the DPG the other weekend on 33s. And I know I have less in my 8.8 swap than that doubler.

...............not to mention BUTT UGLY, I was serious when I said I would'nt drive it to the mall, even wearing a disguise. I'm guessing it was sold because it was a deathtrap and useless for anything but mallcrawlin or making other Xj owners puke in their mouths.
Hey hater, go find the kid in Hickory who bought it and he'll show you at Richlands what he's doing with it with welded D35, welded D30.

Its not over is it? Damn :/ so much fun watching y'all bashing that guy. Hes probably swapping in a 27 spline 8.25. I'd love to see him do any thing I was doing at the DPG the other weekend on 33s. And I know I have less in my 8.8 swap than that doubler.
Hey dude, no im back, sad to see even once I left you guys still bashing........no life....FYI, you break shit on 33s or 35s like everyone does because you abuse your rig and for you that's ok, I don't abuse mine and that's why i'm still driving, not parked and broke down, and when I go wheeling, wherever that is, I still get to go home and back out next weekend without dumping my bank account. All you guys have are opinions and doubts about my build, but sorry it doesn't work for you guys, but it works for me and what matters and yall just hate it that someone on here is saying that it works.

actually Jeff,I was directing that at the O.P. to keep this in tech. plus curious if he(the great xj man) took the time to do that.I did on my wrangler last year and I deff. don't claim to be all that and a bag of tatter chips too.
my brakes are just fine for what I expect to have for these tires. if your braking force is weak, than upgrade, but I've never seen my brakes fail but then again I don't have high expectations for breaking power when running 39.5s or 38s but hell it still stops just fine. learn to drive is my advise and don't ride up on people.

Hey hater, go find the kid in Hickory who bought it and he'll show you at Richlands what he's doing with it with welded D35, welded D30.

Once again, Richlands is a fucking road. I will be willing to put money on it that I can get a Subaru Outback out there and bring it home. Your point is invalid.

I'm sorry, but you are one of the most ignorant and annoying individuals to have ever graced these boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back